Contribute
Register
Hey guys,

sometimes I get a message that my message couldn't be delivered and it gives me options like "send again"; "ignore" and another one I think.
Is this a sign that iMessage is going to not work in the future? Please help.

Suffering no working imessage or facetime since updating to the supplemental 10.15.5 update. I have followed this guide and debugger shows valid configuration. Running out of ideas to try! The Ethernet was set to EN1, so that's been changed back en0, but still no joy. Clover Config looks good, SMBIOS and S/N values all look good in debugger.

any ideas?

I'm able to log-in to iMessage with no issues and it syncs fine but I can only send messages to myself but they don't get received on the hack only on my phone and if I try to send to other people they don't get delivered.

Serial number works on everymac but not on Apple so that's optimal as far as I understand it. I've also tried to rebuild the iMessage cache by deleting the folders. No joy. Also regenerated Smudid.

I am using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi as I think it's a specific fix for my machine, is this what's causing issues? I've read that it can't be used.

Any advice on debugging this would be recommended.

Current build
Z390 Designare
i7-8086K
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580
Alpine Ridge
LG Ultrafine 5K (displaying on Windows with above set-up)

SMBIOS iMacPro1,1
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 - Clover r5118

Bootflags used: keepsyms=1, dart=0, debug=0x100, darkwake=0, -v, slide=1

Kexts used: WhateverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext, FakeSMC.kext, AppleALC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Thought I'd post my experience on this. New to hackintosh, followed this to the tee, but I kept getting that code issue. I don't understand why some people don't have this problem, but I did. Anyhow, I rang Apple for support and it took three technicians to get to where they would allow access to my account. I'm assuming it means the code couldn't be found with known serials and that it is whitelisted on my Apple ID. What is interesting is I did this on a Friday and it wasn't until Tuesday that it started working. The troubleshooting they wanted me to do was ridiculous.

Apple: "Upgrade to Catalina"
Me: "uh, I don't know how to that, it's beyond my area of expertise"
Apple: "Create a new user and try that"
Me: Long pause. "Didn't work"
Apple: "Try signing into another device"
Me: "Yeah, works on my other MacBook and iPhone"
Apple: "Let me escalate"

In the end, it eventually worked. Even with a screenshot of my unknown serial. Just play dumb and follow their script. Wasted an hour and a half of my life. LOL.

I have a really strange issue with iMessage.
I can send iMessage messages (Blue texts) to any of my contacts who use iMessage but I can't neither send nor receive SMS texts messages (Green texts) on my Hackintosh. The funny thing is the Text Forwarding option on the iPhone has vanished and still the SMS text messages show up on my iPad.
I don't know what the problem might be but I changed from iMac 17,1 to iMac Pro 1,1 to enable Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and etc.
From 2017 to around 2019 was when I started using my hackintosh with the 17,1 smbios and every aspect of iMessages used to work perfectly. Then I switched to iMac Pro 1,1 smbios to enable Netflix around the end of 2019 and since then iMessages works but only lets me send iMessage texts (Blue texts) and not SMS texts (Green texts). Yesterday I tried everything to get the green texts to show up on my hackintosh and also to bring up the Text Forwarding option on my iPhone. Finally after multiple tries of login in and out of everything and switching back to my iMac 17,1 smbios (after deleting all the necessary files mentioned on this guide) initially the SMS texts weren't working but I contacted Apple Support regarding the Text Forwarding issue ONLY and abruptly ended the conversation and then after a restart or two, voila it started working. Finally back to full functionality or so I thought. The Text Forwarding option was still not available on my iPhone.
Then thinking that everything is finally working, I reverted back to my iMac Pro 1,1 smbios (after removing traces of imessgae and iCloud files that are mentioned on this guide) and back to square one it was. Again it stopped working. Then I spent more than an hour texting with apple support and that lead to nothing.
My first course of action is to call apple support up and get the Text Message Forwarding Option show up on my iPhone but after that what should I do?
Should I revert back to 17,1 sans no DRM playback OR try and generate more smbios variables for 1,1 (but my fear is that of my iCloud account getting blacklisted or even loosing full iMessage support and being unable to sign on to iMessage on my Hackintosh at all)?

My specs:- Intel i5 6402p
RX 580 Sapphire Pulse
Samsing 960 Pro NVME
Gigabyte B150M-D3H

TLDR;
Blue messages work but green texts don't work on my iMessage app on hackintosh iMac Pro 1,1 and Text Message forwarding option has disappeared from my iPhone but still both green and blue texts sen and receive on my iPad.

Please let me know what is the best course of action.

Well... it appears that something happened to my Hackintosh. I can no longer login to iCloud through System Preferences: iCloud ~ I CAN login into iCloud through any browser on the Hackintosh... I even fired up my 17" Macbook Pro and no issues to login to iCloud/iTunes (I did go through the hassle in changing to a new password to no avail). I even reset the cable modem and router.

I then logged out and logged in as a different user and get the same thing. Has me stumped.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 9.50.10 AM.jpg

It all started with this happening...

I have been trying to install the latest security update (SecUpd2020-003Mojave.dmg) but I keep getting the following error...

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 6.35.38 PM.jpg

I also tried via the normal path through System Preferences: Software Update but I get the follow error:
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 6.38.35 PM.jpg

Prior to trying the updates above I had to reload Mojave as iTunes would not load :beachball: and System Preferences: Software Update showed no update and would not respond when clicked on. :beachball:

I have tried all the normal fixes both here on TonyMac and YouTube to no avail... any suggestions?

Without doing any checking of my own memory…if that's the latest security update I think it gets hung on a firmware update that it, of course, can't do. You have to extract the individual packages from the update package and run a specific one.

If I'm right about that you can find the specific instructions somewhere in the update forum.

Not sure about the iCloud problem.

I have tried all the normal fixes both here on TonyMac and YouTube to no avail... any suggestions?

Without doing any checking of my own memory…if that's the latest security update I think it gets hung on a firmware update that it, of course, can't do. You have to extract the individual packages from the update package and run a specific one.

If I'm right about that you can find the specific instructions somewhere in the update forum.

Not sure about the iCloud problem.

Thank you for replying... I think this weekend I will just do a clean install of Catalina as I was holding out as I have a 32-bit program I like to use. By the way my Mojave clone works but with the same iCloud/Messages issue. I guess I need to go to having two alternating clones. :(

Thank you for replying... I think this weekend I will just do a clean install of Catalina as I was holding out as I have a 32-bit program I like to use. By the way my Mojave clone works but with the same iCloud/Messages issue. I guess I need to go to having two alternating clones. :(

I did a clean install of Catalina (after an update to Catalina from Mojave did not fix the issue) and all is working well. I did have a small issue with iMessages but it was an easy fix (just needed to check a box in iMessages preferences).
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 5.50.43 PM copy.png

I've tried almost all of these steps and still am receiving

-----
Could not sign in to iMessage.

INTERNAL: Server Error
-----

Is there any good way to trouble shoot this problem?

I've: Redone my SMBIOS, deleted all the required files from Library/... Reset NVRAM, Reinstalled Clover (updated), and a bunch of things. Nothing seems to work. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I don't recall when it stopped working. I'm on Catalina 10.15.5, and smbios is iMacPro (2017). Thanks.

Back