Contribute
Register
No you haven't! - Try populating your profile with your specs as required (See Forum Rules) to enable others to assist you because as it stands no one knows what you're trying to get iMessage/F-Time activation on and then provide more information of what steps you've taken so far apart from 'I Tried everything' which helps no one to help you. Good luck.
Sorry I updated my profile, what I was trying to say is that I followed this guide and also others without success.

Hello, I noticed a strange behaviour in last days.
I was using Catalina with iMessage anche FaceTime for some months without problems, when I decided to to test a new smsbios configuration (switch from 14,2 to 19,1).
I replaced internal HD and installed many times Mojave and Catalina, without problems. Everything was working fine, exept iMessage and FaceTime. When I tried to login in FaceTime, I almost always got a message like "Account hasn't reachable addressed. To add once, login to appleid.apple.com" In both versions of macOS.
Sometimes I got generic errors, so I think this specific error is not a problem caused by my configuration. I also noticed that my FaceTime services where disconnected from all devices. I was able login from my iPhone and iPad, ma not from my Hackintosh.
After a couple of days, I decided to return to my original HD: it loaded Catalina, but now I cannot access FaceTime and iMessage anymore. I tried to let the Hackintosh switched off for a couple of days, but nothing changed. FaceTime worked for several months, so I'm sure configuration is right: what is changed? I logged out from iCloud, rebooted, waited ... nothing changes.
Anyone got the same problem? Ideas to solve it?
Thanks

EDIT: unlock with Apple Watch cannot be enabled. The error says I have to login with iCloud ... but I have iCloud account logged in :(

Last edited:
I was using Catalina with iMessage anche FaceTime for some months without problems, when I decided to to test a new smsbios configuration (switch from 14,2 to 19,1).

@Silvy,

Before you switched SMBIOS to 19,1 did you logout of iCloud and all Apple On-line services. ?
Did you generate a new set of Critical System ID's (SMUUID, S/N, ROM ... etc) ?

Failure to do both of the above will cause a iMessage, FaceTime .. etc lock out on Apples Servers against both the old and new config as they would have seen that that one ore more elements of your Critical System ID's is now being used on a different Mac model to what was originally registered with Apple. This is physically impossible on a genuine Mac as the Critical SystemID's are baked in to the motherboard so Apples Servers will see it as an attempt to spoof an identify (hack into someones account) resulting in the lock out.

The only way you can get things working now is to use a complete set of new Critical System ID's

Logout of all Apple on-line services (iCloud, iMessage, iTunes, App Store .. etc) and reboot.
Generate a new set of Critical System ID's for your config.plist .. you must do it for all of the following items :-
  1. System Parameters -> Generate new Custom UUID value
  2. SMBIOS -> Genearte new S/N value
  3. SMBIOS -> Generate new SmUUID value
  4. RT Variables -> select "from SMBIOS" and Generate new ROM value
Check S/N is valid for chosen SMBIOS
Check S/N is not already registered with Apple

This will ensure that nothing in your system matches the ID's currently stored on Apples Servers and should allow you to start using iMessage, FaceTime .. etc again.

If your unsure use the methods detailed in this guide :-

You've probably now got multiple identities for your system stored in MacOS and iCloud, see this guide to clean it up :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
yesterday I installed everithing again on an empty disk, cleaned iCloud removing old systems no more on Line, created the local account with different name ... and now everithing work Again
I did everithing as I Made the previous Times ...
thanks for your suggestions

OK. I'm stuck. FaceTime has always worked for me in the past, and iMessage has usually worked, though it's been a bit spotty. I've never done anything special (beyond the hoops you have to jump through to get the OS installed) to get either to work, but now neither work.

System:
2012 build, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, Intel i7, Apple WiFi/BT card, GTX 1070, nVIDIA web drivers
Clover bootloader v4842 (can't update without breaking everything)
iMac 14,2 system definition

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (can't update to 10.14 or later due to lack of graphics drivers)

A month or so ago, I installed an Apple security update which wreaked havoc on my system. The WiFi driver stopped loading, the computer wouldn't ever go to sleep or stay shut down (holding power button for 10s was only way to keep it shut down), and FaceTime & iMessage stopped working. Today, I upgraded Clover which broke everything so I restored the backup of the EFI partition (restoring the previous version of Clover) and that magically fixed all the problems except for iMessage and FaceTime.

So, I followed several guides laying around the internet that suggest many of the same things as here and then I went through what is here as well and have gotten nowhere.

I have:
  • nuked the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration files & restarted
  • verified that the en0 (ethernet) network interface is indeed listed as builtin (the en1 (WiFi) interface is not & I can't figure out how to make it builtin with Clover, but from what I see in this thread, only one interface needs to be listed as builtin)
  • signed out of iCloud
  • nuked all the iMessage related ~/Library/Caches and ~/Library/Preferences files & restarted
  • installed EmuVariableUefi kext (already had OsxAptioFix3Drv kext - required for me to boot) & restarted
  • changed my Apple ID password
  • as recommended a few posts above, Generated new values for:
    • System Parameters Custom UUID
    • Serial Number (and Board Serial Number)
    • SmUUID
    • ROM
  • verified the Serial Number generated above is not valid
  • run the iMessageDebug command line tool to verify Hardware UUID =/= System-ID & that all other values looked reasonable
    • Note: One guide I read said that the BoardSerialNumber should start with the same 12 digits as the regular Serial Number & then have 5 random digits after it. I tried this previously but when I recently regenerated the values above I did not do this so the BoardSerialNumber that CloverConfigurator generated when I made a new Serial Number is completely different from the new Serial Number

I'm sure you're wondering what error message I'm seeing. That's just it. I get no error message. It just never logs in.

iCloud works. I can sign into and out of iCloud in System Preferences. But I can't sign in to iMessage or FaceTime. Signing into iCloud takes a really long time — like 4-5x longer than it takes on my MacBook Pro — but it works.

After I regenerated the Serial Number & related values, restarted, and went to sign in to iMessage, I got the typical 2FA stuff that you get when signing in to a new device. I had to approve the sign in from my MacBook Pro but from there the login proceeded as before - it just greys out the username and password fields for awhile while it tries to log in, and when it silently fails they just go back to being normal. No error message. Nothing.

FaceTime is similar. After entering the username and password it just goes to a spinning gear and never goes anywhere. I've left it there for over a half hour and the gear was still spinning…

So… what am I missing? As far as I can tell everything checks out. Did Apple introduce something in this most recent security update (I think it was in Nov or early Dec but I've been too busy to try to fix things until now) that broke existing fixes? I don't see anyone else with this problem so is it isolated to 10.13 and everyone who's updated can still use iMessage and FaceTime just fine?

Last edited:
Hi, Ive got an error 18; invalid login don't really understand the issue.

You cannot sign into imessage at this time.
To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below.

An error during authentication

Console says 'Fetching auth token' .

I can sign into iCloud on all 4 hackintoshes. I get same error on all 4 different hackintoshes. I have catalina and mojave on all hp elitebook 840g2, 840g4 [rehabmans install method ], ga-97xsli, and dell T1700. I have tried them all. Tried Margonauts method, I have tried how-to-fix-imessage method. cleared out all folders imesagges, ichat, icloud with rm command. Removed devices from icloud.com Remove systemConfiguration folder. Update serial numbers, ssmuid, board serial number, mlb, rom. Checked imessagedebug for any errors. All doing it offline.

I have a real working imac - 2500s 12,1 model. Imessage and facetimes works perfectly on it.

Any ideas would be great! Thank you!

Does anyone have anymore debugging techniques i could try out?

Last edited:
@jaymonkey okay this one has me completely stumped. I have an iPhone and 2 hackintosh machines. Recently, my one Hackintosh machine has had all sorts of issues with iMessage, regarding actually sending/receiving them. It keeps thinking my contacts are not registered with iMessage (and instead tries to send texts). The phone and other Hackintosh are acting normally, as expected.

This started after updating my phone to iOS 13. I do not have iMessages in the Cloud enabled on any device. Any ideas?

I have been using an iMac 2015 Wifi adapter in my Hack. But now i got a 2017 iMac Adapter. Can I swap it with no worries in messing imessages?

I'm afraid that the different MAC address could mess it.

Back