Contribute
Register
Yes values must remain constant at every boot up also the non appearance of 'Null' or 'Fail' on ROM or MLB. Just for the sake of asking, You did generate a set of unique values and not using generic ones.
I have generated values using Clover configurator yes. One thing I’m noticing now with Mojave, is if I change anything in SMBios it resets my iCloud setting. On boot I get an error about it, I have to re-sign in now it’s 2 step authentication so it’s more annoying. I have to re-enable location (GPS), key chain, my Apple watch unlock.

I try and and try, I cannot seem to generate a valid S/N with clover.

I keep getting :

We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again

Then the S/N is either black-listed or failing the OSX S/N validation checks, do not use it - generate new S/N and try again.

From what I understand, I should get

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

To be good to go. I am using the Clover method. Is there another clearer method? I dont mind using the terminal

Thanks!

That is the correct message it means the S/N is not already registered by Apple as one of their's. Try reading the 'Idiots Guide' for clarity.

Yes, I read the "idiot guide", and correct it does say that, which the "long guide" here does not. So, when I tried to get support (to resolve iMessage issue), the first thing is they ask is for the serial number, and it does not pass that check, so I cannot even get a callback for support.

You said you read the 'Idiot's Guide' and to my mind you didn't read or research enough. Obviously the S/N generated by you will not be in their data base as one of theirs so if you have to call them for activation, it would be quite stupid to give them that S/N. The proper procedure is to say you're away from your p/c and you can't remember the S/N and hopefully they would move on to the problem (All of this has been covered umpteen times and I can't believe this query is still out there). I would suggest you insure that all your generated values are correct and constant between reboots, run 'iMessageDebugger' to insure the words Void or Null is not shown in result (Again all of this in both 'Idiots Guide' and 'iMessage Guide'). Research and reading is the key here. Good luck.

You said you read the 'Idiot's Guide' and to my mind you didn't read or research enough. Obviously the S/N generated by you will not be in their data base as one of theirs so if you have to call them for activation, it would be quite stupid to give them that S/N. The proper procedure is to say you're away from your p/c and you can't remember the S/N and hopefully they would move on to the problem (All of this has been covered umpteen times and I can't believe this query is still out there). I would suggest you insure that all your generated values are correct and constant between reboots, run 'iMessageDebugger' to insure the words Void or Null is not shown in result (Again all of this in both 'Idiots Guide' and 'iMessage Guide'). Research and reading is the key here. Good luck.

The long guide said that I had to generate a SN which passed "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again ", so that is what I was trying to do, without success.

I also read the long guide on calling support (Chapter 8), which says: "If you follow the above path you'll enter your OS X S/N - use the one from your SMBIOS in most cases this may help to avoid having to give the operator your OS X S/N . Once you do get through to a human explain that your having trouble with iMessage login on you Mac and that you have a customer code. "

Hence my question, as I cannot past that. I did not see anywhere what you call the proper procedure, where is that? "do not give your SN and pretend you are not next to your PC". I'll try that next, but not sure how to get support without an, SN, as it asks me everywhere (maybe because I select Canada, now I'll try US).

My iMessageDebugger is fine, and I ran it multiple times without issues, between reboots and all.

Thanks!

Yes, I read the "idiot guide", and correct it does say that, which the "long guide" here does not.

The long guide said that I had to generate a SN which passed "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again ", so that is what I was trying to do, without success.

@watrworld,

Apologies for the inconsistency, Apple changed the response wording since I last updated the main guide.

I have updated chapter 4.1 of the main guide to reflect the correct wording for checking the S/N on Apples Check Coverage site and also added the everymac check to ensure that the S/N is correctly formatted.

Cheers
Jay

@ watrworld - If you're confident all is well with your iMsg configurations, to prove this, try with a family member or friend's Apple login account and see. If logon is successful then all is well, it just means your Apple ID has thrown up a security flag on your rig for a period of time so just sit back for the time being and refrain from changing S/N or any other injected value as this will only exasperate the problem more. Resist the urge of constant trying to logon for a few days, other members with the exact problem found after some weeks even months the block was cleared. Good luck.

I've tried a few times but no luck. NVRAM is consistent, everything seem ok but when I try to login, it always show:
"You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time.
To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below...."

@ watrworld - If you're confident all is well with your iMsg configurations, to prove this, try with a family member or friend's Apple login account and see. If logon is successful then all is well, it just means your Apple ID has thrown up a security flag on your rig for a period of time so just sit back for the time being and refrain from changing S/N or any other injected value as this will only exasperate the problem more. Resist the urge of constant trying to logon for a few days, other members with the exact problem found after some weeks even months the block was cleared. Good luck.

Good news, well my wife who has an iPhone with her AppleId works without any issues.

I will wait to try my AppleId, which was never associated with Apple hardware. I have a valid id as I bought movies from iTunes before.

Thanks!

Back