Contribute
Register
So, I have just installed Mojave and everything is working great even iCloud except iMessage. Once I try to text someone with an iPhone, it sends it as SMS and just hangs there. When I try to send to someone with an iPhone earlier, it said user is not registered with iMessage which is not true. It worked for a second in the beginning, and, sometimes after restarting it, I will start a new convo, and for a few seconds it will say iMessage then it will go to SMS. I have done everything in this video but it only partially made it work. Supposedly, that is using the guides here. I did everything in Clover, used the iMessage debug and made sure my Ethernet card is set to en0. I also deleted the files it said to delete. So please help. Lots of people I can text with iMessage but most I can't.

Last edited:
Hey Hackintosh friends - I have build my second hackintosh. For some reason on this device I cannot get the iMessage and Facetime working. Here is a screenshot of my SMBIOS settings:

And my RT VARIABLES:

Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:
Is it ok to change system definitions after enabling iMessage? I’ve got a 10.14.5 Mojave build on a Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 and a Radeon VII. Noticed I have problems with finder / preview regarding JPEGs and I may need to change system definitions from 18.3 to iMac pro or something else.

Unfortunately this did not work
I didn't claim that it would fix anything, I just pointed out the values that your blank fields should be populated with.

The usual cause of "An error occurred during activation" is a lack of native NVRAM support or an emulation of same.

Is it ok to change system definitions after enabling iMessage? I’ve got a 10.14.5 Mojave build on a Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 and a Radeon VII. Noticed I have problems with finder / preview regarding JPEGs and I may need to change system definitions from 18.3 to iMac pro or something else.

UPDATE:
I went ahead and changed my system definitions after iMessage was already set up. Luckily the system still booted just fine but it did immediately kick me out of iMessage, iCloud, Adobe, and any other service that are tied to the serial number. Hopefully I’ll just be able to redo the “idiots guide” and get back to where I was.

Back