Contribute
Register
Probably the source of your problem.
iMessage depends on native NVRAM or an emulation of it.
If you need to emulate it use EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi and RC scripts,
or AptioMemoryFix-64.efi without EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi.

Replacing my EFI contents with a backed up version (with the older version of Clover, 4630) triggered a request for iCloud login, but after that, iMessage is now working. And I was wrong--both 4630 and 4679 Clover EFIs had AptioMemoryFix-64.efi installed. And the system SN, SMBIOS, and other unique IDs were also all the same. So I don't know what is different, but it seems that it is clearly a Clover issue. Guess I'll stick with 4630.

Thanks again for this kick in the right direction.

I believe logging into iCloud and authorizing iTunes did the trick for me, nothing else worked without this last step. I did the idiot's guide. I have correct network adapter as en0, good smbios, tested and discovered I have native nvram (luv this mobo), numbers from iMessageDebug look good and rm -fr the cache files. Rebooted several times too, but without login and authorization it just didn't get past the error code.

I believe logging into iCloud and authorizing iTunes did the trick for me, nothing else worked without this last step.

iTunes has never been authorized on my Hack (or even on my MacBook Pro, for that matter), so I can confirm that is not an essential step in getting iMessage to work. But in your case it might have reset some flags on the Apple end to allow your iMessage to function.

I noticed iMessage and FaceTime weren't working after updating to macOS 10.14.2 myself, but I updated Clover and all kexts in before the actual 10.14.2 update. I went back to an older backup EFI, and iMessage and FaceTime both work again.

It'll be a pain to pinpoint if Clover or a kext is causing the issue, but assuming Clover at the kexts (lilu, WhateverGreen, etc) need to eventually be updated to work with future macOS verions...I need to find out. I don't have the version/build numbers handy right now, but if anyone else is interested, it'll be extra motivation for me to do the tests and post the results.

I have searched around but can't find any references to the problem I'm experiencing with iMessage.

I had no problem setting up my new Mojave install and getting iMessage/iCloud to work. I can send and receive iMessages without issue, however my iMessage app won't show the messages in the transcript box. They show up under the contact name, and I will receive a notification when new iMessages arrive, but can't view the conversation.

I even sent myself a photo from my iPhone and was able to click and drag it out of message transcript window in OSX (by guessing and clicking where the photo was within the transcript box), so there is something going on in there, but I am at a loss as to how this can be fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 8.36.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 8.36.45 PM.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
I have searched around but can't find any references to the problem I'm experiencing with iMessage.

I had no problem setting up my new Mojave install and getting iMessage/iCloud to work. I can send and receive iMessages without issue, however my iMessage app won't show the messages in the transcript box. They show up under the contact name, and I will receive a notification when new iMessages arrive, but can't view the conversation.

I even sent myself a photo from my iPhone and was able to click and drag it out of message transcript window in OSX (by guessing and clicking where the photo was within the transcript box), so there is something going on in there, but I am at a loss as to how this can be fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

update
just changed display profile to rgb then back to my default and iMessage is working correctly....hope this helps.

Last edited:
update
just changed display profile to rgb then back to my default and iMessage is working correctly....hope this helps.
Thanks, changing my display profile did resolve the issue, however switching back to my monitors default profile sends iMessage back to its original issue.

Regarding Chapter: 8, I called polish apple support and they couldn't find by SN in their database which prevented them from fixing that iMessage issue, they didn't know that it's a hackintosh but my SN just wasn't in their database.

Anyone with a progress on newer Apple ID's with returning a message to contact customer support.

No matter how many times i try, it has always been the same for my Apple IDs.
I test my father, mother, sisters Apple IDs and their Apple IDs are all working with every setup that i test.
Luckily their Apple IDs are older and are working.

For me im using MLB & Rom from real macbooks that are never used anymore, at least it's some sort of a fix for me.
I just generated my own Serial, UUID and use the MLB and Rom that i took, it works perfect.

Back