Contribute
Register
Right now 10.13.5, iMessage works like before except in Preference > Accounts, there is no Enable Message in iCloud selection. How can I rectify this ?

Okay solved by signing out and then in on my iCloud account, then sign out and in on my iMessage account.

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems getting Messages in iCloud to work (macOS 10.13.5)? New messages works fine (iMessage/SMS), but it's not downloading old messages from iCloud. Says "Downloading Messages from iCloud..." for several hours without anything downloaded. Tried logging out, re-syncing, de-activate iCloud sync - 5-6 times, still same issue.

I'm facing the same problem... In fact it seems to sync new messages all right (if I delete a new msg on iPhone for example, it gets deleted on the Hackintosh too) but not the old ones. It only shows "Downloading Messages from iCloud".

Hi,
Thanks to your guide I managed to fix iMessage but each time I use a new serial number it works for once and after I shutdown my laptop and start it again it shows me the " You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time. To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below." message.
I have checked iMessageDebug output and it's the same between reboots. What's the problem?

Hi,
Thanks to your guide I managed to fix iMessage but each time I use a new serial number it works for once and after I shutdown my laptop and start it again it shows me the " You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time. To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below." message.
I have checked iMessageDebug output and it's the same between reboots. What's the problem?

Stop injecting new serial numbers, use one that is unique to your pc only and stick with it, then log into your iCloud account on the web and remove any with the serial numbers you've tried leaving your current one. When you try iMsg again and it doesn't logon, don't be tempted to change the S/N again just leave it as it is.

Ok, I checked my appleID and only my current serial number was assigned to it. But I still get that message. I have no problem with App Store though.

Hi again,

imessage don't work on my system.
I read all the forum entries and set all parameters.
Imessage_debug has no errors.

But on login to imessage, i got the Error: Please contact ....

Could someone out there help me?

I add my config.plist

/jörg

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 181
Ok, I checked my appleID and only my current serial number was assigned to it. But I still get that message. I have no problem with App Store though.

Ok - If you ran iMsgDeBugger and all looks good then don't change anything just leave as and one day hopefully not too distant, it will start to work. Maybe Apple is applying a probationary period for some Builds/Apple ID's we don't know but if you read through some posts, you'll find numerous cases where others in your situation their logon started to work.

I've had a working iMessage/Facetime for *years*. Suddenly sometime after 6/10 it just stopped working. I get activation errors every time I try to sign in. I've tried all the "iMessage fix" things to no avail.

Did anyone else have a perfectly working iMessage/Facetime and them it stopped working. I'm not entierly sure, but I think this was right after I updated to 10.13.5

I've had a working iMessage/Facetime for *years*. Suddenly sometime after 6/10 it just stopped working. I get activation errors every time I try to sign in. I've tried all the "iMessage fix" things to no avail.

Did anyone else have a perfectly working iMessage/Facetime and them it stopped working. I'm not entierly sure, but I think this was right after I updated to 10.13.5
Some have said that it is related to Clover.
Try reverting if you have recently upgraded it.

Yea, I though that too. I reverted to two versions (4497) back but I think the damage is done. Still can’t access iMessage/Facetime. I really don't want to mess with serial numbers and IDs too much. I even tried to boot into an older back up but that didn't work either.

Back