Contribute
Register
How come you don't have to do this on my iPhone tho?
I don't know about you but my contacts are the same on all devices, synched through iCloud.

I don't know about you but my contacts are the same on all devices, synched through iCloud.

Thanks for your help. 1 more question. Why hasn't all my old messages synced that are on my iPhone to Mac? I'm not really bothered just curious. Thanks

Hi guys. Sorry for the double post.

I created a new apple ID and got iMessage working apart from I can't send an iMessage to contacts if the number starts 07 it has to be prefix +44 (I'm from the UK) if the number starts with 07 I get the error "This number is not registered with iMessage".

If the contact iMessages me, their message will appear with their number but with +44 infront of it and no name.

so I'm guessing it's something to do with the prefix/location etc. Any ideas how to fix this? Also my messages haven't synced up to my mac but they send/receive

Thanks

Just remove the zero in front of the number and enter it as +447 along with the rest of the number, also google how to setup 'Continuity between your Apple Devices'.

Just remove the zero in front of the number and enter it as +447 along with the rest of the number, also google how to setup 'Continuity between your Apple Devices'.

Yeah I've done it all now. Was certainly annoying lol. Waiting on a Bluetooth adapter 4.0 to be delivered for continuity.

Seem to got everything working for now.

Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated.

Yeah I've done it all now. Was certainly annoying lol. Waiting on a Bluetooth adapter 4.0 to be delivered for continuity.

Seem to got everything working for now.

Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated.

No problem as the slogan says 'Just Happy to Help' - Glad you got it all sussed, just one last thing, run iMessageDebugger and keep a record of your working values, ROM, S/N, MLB etc or better still clone the drive so that if disaster ever strikes or you need to do a clean install, you'll be back with a working system in no time. Enjoy your hack. :thumbup:

No problem as the slogan says 'Just Happy to Help' - Glad you got it all sussed, just one last thing, run iMessageDebugger and keep a record of your working values, ROM, S/N, MLB etc or better still clone the drive so that if disaster ever strikes or you need to do a clean install, you'll be back with a working system in no time. Enjoy your hack. :thumbup:

I made a back up while I slept last night. Lets hope I never need it though lol.

I'm enjoying it already. I have no idea why I didn't do this years ago :D

All: I believe I've fixed the intermittently-cannot-send-even-though-I-can-receive problem. I realized it'd been quite awhile since I checked for a firmware update for my router. You can see where this is heading.

After updating, I began to review all the settings to make sure I enabled anything new that I might need and that the current configuration still made sense. I have a mid-level late-2015 D-Link capable of 802.11 a/c/g/n/ac on 2.4 and 5 GHz. I had the "smart connect" feature enabled so there's only one "Wifi network" to connect to and devices of different capabilities can connect seamlessly.

Several things occurred to me:
  • All but my 1st-gen Nest thermostat are AC capable on 5GHz.
  • Most of my WiFi-visible neighbors are still on 2.4Ghz.
  • Due to this compartmentalization, there may be multiple-network issues at play, given my Hack doesn't always "see" my iPhone for messaging.
So I did the following:
  • Disabled smart-connect (resulting in 3 separate WiFi settings: 2.4, 5, and 5 secondary-band).
  • Restricted both 5Ghz networks to 802.11 ac (for best of speed and range).
  • Reduced 2.4Ghz network to low power (since the thermostat is next to the hall closet that houses my network stack).
  • Renamed the 2.4Ghz network and turned off its SID broadcasting so it's separate (ensuring all other devices but Nest have no idea how to connect to it) and won't show up in the list.
  • Reconnected the Nest to the 2.4Ghz network.
  • Ensured my other devices (including AppleTV) could see each other (they can).
  • Rebooted my Hackintosh and iPhone several times (since this often alternately fixes or unfixes my Messages sending issue).
So far, I can send and receive Messages from my Hackintosh. If that changes over the next few days (I have any connectivity issues at all) I'll report back and update this.

TL;DR: Make sure your router isn't compartmentalizing your WiFi network and auto-assinging devices to "best" connections using "smart" settings.

Hi guys i followed the guide here in the forum "idiot iMessage fix guide" but my iMessage won't work with 3 account apple created either FaceTime same problem
i did the tutorial so many time but nothing. I have OS Sierra 10.12 and i'm try to update to 10.12.5 to see if it will work.
Some time iMessage gave to me this: you can't usa iMessage from this mac contact apple support with ticket etc etc.... sometimes from my iPhone appare the code to insert for authentication and after nothing won't connect help me guys
kk.jpg

Here we go again. Another OS is getting out soon. Security and changes are made to iCloud. My account got locked like 4 times today. It is probably a matter of time before it happen to a couple of you too. This time no iMessage customer code it directly locks your account.

Back