Contribute
Register
Not sure if it is a known phenomenon - I installed a hackintosh system and it works. I created three users there, and two of them (including admin, the very first user) can use iMessages and FaceTime, but one cannot. He constantly getting the window asking to call Apple and tell them the code. While that same user can use Facetime on other device (real macbook). I can't understand Apple's verification logic o_O

I called Apple support and they suggested to connect to my screen remotely to solve the issue. I thought that I could reveal that I'm using hackintosh because my system definition is iMac 5k, but the screen I actually use has 1920x1080 resolution, and that might seem inconsistent (am I too paranoid?), so I told that I would call later.

Any suggestions? :)

Not sure if it is a known phenomenon - I installed a hackintosh system and it works. I created three users there, and two of them (including admin, the very first user) can use iMessages and FaceTime, but one cannot. He constantly getting the window asking to call Apple and tell them the code. While that same user can use Facetime on other device (real macbook). I can't understand Apple's verification logic o_O

I called Apple support and they suggested to connect to my screen remotely to solve the issue. I thought that I could reveal that I'm using hackintosh because my system definition is iMac 5k, but the screen I actually use has 1920x1080 resolution, and that might seem inconsistent (am I too paranoid?), so I told that I would call later.

Same situation.

ps: I called the apple. I am not ashamed cause using hackintosh.
They connected to my screen and tried to understand what the hell is happening.
Check time and date twice and he finally send me to team senior. He wanted me to create an another user and it failed also.

Any suggestions ?

If two of the three ID's can logon successfully then this proves that there is nothing wrong with the setup. As crazy as it sounds, the problem is that one particular ID not being granted an Apple Security Token to log in on that particular machine for some obscure reason although I dare say they won't have the same logon problem on a genuine Mac device. How to circumvent the problem I really don't know. Maybe knowing it's a hack, Apple is restricting the amount of logons - just my assumption as I've seen this behaviour a few times.

need help. had a working system with everything working but icloud.
followed the "fix imessage" guide. however, after entering the UUID and restarting, my video signal stops mid boot.
i can load in safe mode, but can't access EFI there.
tried to reinstall the nvidia drivers for 10.12.5. didn't help.
how can i replace the config.plist if i can't boot? surely you don't erase and reinstall everything...
this is my first hackintosh, and the troubleshooting is very confusing.
i suspect it's because i've changed the model from 14.2 to 17.1 (27inch imac w skylake)

EDIT: it was because I've changed to 17.1. back to 14.2 and all is well.

Last edited:
I got a failed ROM in iMessageDebug my output saying that ROM is
ROM: 000000000000 , and i installed clove boot loader with EmuVariableUefi-64, my setup is an Asus deluxe 170 , i767000k and a gtx 1070, everything is working right except Apple Store and iMessage, sometimes iCloud annoying me with messages saying that I have to check my password. The most interesting is that I can see my Hackintosh (17,1) in Find app even beep it and iCloud files are automatically downloaded

need help. had a working system with everything working but icloud.
followed the "fix imessage" guide. however, after entering the UUID and restarting, my video signal stops mid boot.
i can load in safe mode, but can't access EFI there.
tried to reinstall the nvidia drivers for 10.12.5. didn't help.
how can i replace the config.plist if i can't boot? surely you don't erase and reinstall everything...
this is my first hackintosh, and the troubleshooting is very confusing.
i suspect it's because i've changed the model from 14.2 to 17.1 (27inch imac w skylake)

EDIT: it was because I've changed to 17.1. back to 14.2 and all is well.
This is normal in 17,1 setup you have to see if your pc is not freezing probably not... so, the first start after bios time is running out .. like 3 seconds .. you have to access config and change to generic Nvidia and unmark web driver after this you'll be able load macOS, in MacOS you have to download 3 files KextBeast(a little program that install kexts) https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast.32/ and 2 kexts(something like a windows driver, I took time to realize)
kext one https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases/download/1.1.5/1.1.5.RELEASE.zip kext two https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/files/latest/download you have to install both ins the same time, just put in your desktop and execute Kextbeast.
Good Luck.

Hi All,

I have a question on contacting Apple Support regarding the You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time. Please contact Apple support.

I tried to contact them via the Apple web site and one of the first things they ask for is your serial number. Entering the generated serial number returns that it is invalid and then you are stuck. Has anyone called Apple lately with a non-valid serial number and what happened. I have read older posts where support tries to validate the number and then gives up and resets the account. Are you screwed contacting Apple without a valid serial number.

Also when trying to log into iMessage, it does not prompt for the validation number, I have 2 factor validation turned on. I am wondering if this might be part of the problem, though I did turn on 2 factor validation after I initially tried to log into iMessage.

As for my Apple ID and system settings they should be good. I have a credit card associated with my Apple ID and iMessage Debug shows the same values across reboots and the customer code generated is always the same.

Thanks for your help.

Entering the generated serial number returns that it is invalid and then you are stuck.
You actually want a serial number which Apple says is invalid, it is explained in my guide.

You actually want a serial number which Apple says is invalid, it is explained in my guide.

I did follow your very helpful guide and my serial number passes both your criteria, showing a hardware description of my 'iMac' and showing an invalid serial number on Apple's self help site. But now I need to call Apple and it is my impression, maybe an incorrect one that once the serial number was optional when calling Apple to being mandatory. Using the web site to begin the call with Apple requires that you enter your serial number, if Apples says it is invalid you can't proceed. If you call they will also request the serial number. Giving them the generated one will not show up in their system and prompt questions about it.

I wanted to know what experience people have had calling Apple and how they handled the invalid serial number.

Thanks.

Back