Contribute
Register
Hello,
It's my first hackintosh. But it's not my first Mac. My Apple ID has more than 7 or 8 years and several devices (iPad, iPhones, MacBook…). I would like to give you a formulation of what I've done, but I've only followed the unibeast and multibeast method. I've also installed different kext for audio and graphic card. But that's all. I can provide anything else on my config (hard or soft).

Ahhhh yes that explains a lot!!! - Although its your first hack its not your first Mac. I suspect as your Apple ID is quite old and is already established and was or is coupled with a genuine Mac machine, your ease of connection to iMsg/F-Time was quite straight forward.
I have always theorise and said old established Apple ID's stands a better chance of connection on a new build than a newly created Apple ID on a newly created build. If I may offer some advice I'm always shouting about - Now that you have everything working as expected, run iMessageDeBugger and make a note or print out of these values:- Mac S/N, MLB, SmUUID, the ROM doesn't matter so much as this can be your Mac address - of course a more and better way is to clone the operating disk to a spare hard drive to keep incase of emergencies. Well done on your first hack :thumbup:.

Hi esafeddie!

Sorry for the delay! I had an issue when I tried the above and has taken a few days to recover.

My Contacts became all messed up. I lost the majority of them, both on my iPhone and hack, but somehow got them back. One thing I did notice was once the Contacts were back it took about a day or so for the iMessage phone numbers to sync backup with the Contact names.

So.now I'm back to the same inconsistent syncing between the iPhone and Hack. I'm gonna give it another shot and triple backup my contacts this time.

Thanks,

John

Sorry to hear you encountered some problems, but simply signing your hack out of iCloud shouldn't have caused such a problem if all the injected values were correct. Under normal circumstances that exercise takes care of synchronisation between the hack and another device. That tip also works on real Macs suffering the same problem, glad you're up and running again.

@esafeddie
Thanks for your answer. It would be interesting to test it with another user. I will check it with my wife's account. But I expect it's going to be the same issue because she's also an old user… I can also try with my daughter. She's also a mac user with other real mac hardware but with an ID more young! I will try this week-end. Bye

@esafeddie
Thanks for your answer. It would be interesting to test it with another user. I will check it with my wife's account. But I expect it's going to be the same issue because she's also an old user… I can also try with my daughter. She's also a mac user with other real mac hardware but with an ID more young! I will try this week-end. Bye

Get your wife and daughter respectively to sign in on the guest account, note the result and post back with your findings. Thanks.

@esafeddie

You could try to create a new Apple ID with some new yahoo or gmail email and see what happens. I tend to think that it would result in "client code" issue.

When I got "client code" error and called Apple, even entering client code didn't help, and they said that they will only be able to resolve the issue when they register my serial number so it becomes valid. And for that they needed info about where I bought Hack... I mean Mac, how much i paid and so on. So my journey with iMessages ended at that point. I think that to be able sign in with Apple ID it must be related to the existing and registered Apple product (now or formerly).

You could try to create a new Apple ID with some new yahoo or gmail email and see what happens. I tend to think that it would result in "client code" issue.

When I got "client code" error and called Apple, even entering client code didn't help, and they said that they will only be able to resolve the issue when they register my serial number so it becomes valid. And for that they needed info about where I bought Hack... I mean Mac, how much i paid and so on. So my journey with iMessages ended at that point. I think that to be able sign in with Apple ID it must be related to the existing and registered Apple product (now or formerly).

What's the point of creating another Apple ID when he has one that works perfectly well on his hack as far as being able to log into all Apple Services including iMsg/F-Time? His original idea of getting his wife who has an old established Apple ID and his daughter who has a newly created ID to log into their accounts on his hack to see if his hack is fully verified for other users (which I don't envisage a problem there) stands firm and is good enough without satisfying your curiosity by creating multiple and unnecessary ID's.

On another note - When you put in the call to Apple with the code, there is a chance you got a grumpy tech person who decided to make you jump through a few hoops. The odds are quite small to get the same person who dealt with you initially, so I would call again and just say your ID was working fine before but now you're having a problem signing into your account, specially iMessage/F-Time and see what happens. Good luck.

On another note - When you put in the call to Apple with the code, there is a chance you got a grumpy tech person who decided to make you jump through a few hoops. The odds are quite small to get the same person who dealt with you initially, so I would call again and just say your ID was working fine before but now you're having a problem signing into your account, specially iMessage/F-Time and see what happens. Good luck.

The person was very kind and entered the client code i provided her with. It simply didn't work. It doesn't matter if I say that ID was working - the fact is that client code didn't work (unless there multiple ways to enter the code or something?) and they asked for more info (which I don't have) to register the serial.

The person was very kind and entered the client code i provided her with. It simply didn't work. It doesn't matter if I say that ID was working - the fact is that client code didn't work (unless there multiple ways to enter the code or something?) and they asked for more info (which I don't have) to register the serial.

Oh ok - Have you carefully checked you injected values as per the Guide and chose a Mac model as close as possible to your specs? (On a slightly different note, you need to populate your specs info in your profile as per the site rules).
As I haven't contacted Apple Customer Service or had the need to lately, I don't know if they have now changed the way they are dealing with Customer Code queries.

Back in the day when I had to do a reinstall and didn't have the common sense to make a backup of my working system, I had to formulate and inject new values which threw up a code when I tried to log into iMsg. I rang Apple tech with the code and told them I'm having trouble logging into the message service, they asked for the s/n which I gave and was told that its not correct, my response was, I'm at work and I rang my wife to read the s/n to me so either she read it wrong or I copied it wrong.

The tech person said no problem lets see what we can do from this end, I heard him tapping away on a keyboard or something and after a few minutes or so, informed me all was ok and I should be abled to access the messaging services with my Apple ID.
Thanked him for his help, got home, tried it and the rest is history. Since that time, I've built and now running three hacks and don't have any iMsg/F-Time problems, even with the hack I use as a testbed.

Oh ok - Have you carefully checked you injected values as per the Guide and chose a Mac model as close as possible to your specs? (On a slightly different note, you need to populate your specs info in your profile as per the site rules).

My specs are in signature and are as close to MacBookPro13,1 as possible. It is almost a MacBook Pro 13

Actually when I called and told that have ID issue and need to enter Client Code, tech person told straight away that they can't proceed if I don't provide serial number. They tried to find out why it doesn't validate. And then said, ok lets try client code. But as I said it didn't work. Probably I will try calling some time in the future when I have some real Apple product and working iMessages with it.

My specs are in signature and are as close to MacBookPro13,1 as possible. It is almost a MacBook Pro 13

Actually when I called and told that have ID issue and need to enter Client Code, tech person told straight away that they can't proceed if I don't provide serial number. They tried to find out why it doesn't validate. And then said, ok lets try client code. But as I said it didn't work. Probably I will try calling some time in the future when I have some real Apple product and working iMessages with it.

OK - Didn't check the bottom of your posts so missed your specs, I always tend to look in the usual place under the avatar. One way to circumvent the problem of giving the tech guys a genuine s/n - do you know anyone with a genuine Mac machine? You could quote that s/n to get around that particular problem but DO NOT use it on your machine.

Back