Contribute
Register
Just tried it. Same problem.

As P1LGRIM suspects, your NVRAM is not retaining your values. If it was working before then there is a chance it has become corrupt if the installation of EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC Scripts did not solve the issue. You may have to consider a reinstall, what you could try is run the latest version of clover install over the current installation and include the suggestions mentioned by P1LGRIM and see if that over writes the missing or corrupt files. Your current config.plist should remain intact but I would suggest to back up or make a note of your values before i.e MLB, S/N, SmUUID etc etc. Good luck.

Thats normal, they do change at every output but still pertaining to your unique Mac S/N - nothing to worry about.
Maybe you understood what i said but for just the sake to be sure what i mean`t i will repeat in a more clearly explanated way,
Im using the apple ID of my father and its working,so does the Apple ID of my Sister.
But what i meant about that MLBGen17v3 is that the MLB that it shows me on Green Color is not my Active MLB,its different from the one that is active on my system.
Or maybe u explained it right that the MLBGen17v3 does generate a random Valid MLB from my Serial Number (so i didn`t understand it). and not my active one.

Maybe you understood what i said but for just the sake to be sure what i mean`t i will repeat in a more clearly explanated way,
Im using the apple ID of my father and its working,so does the Apple ID of my Sister.
But what i meant about that MLBGen17v3 is that the MLB that it shows me on Green Color is not my Active MLB,its different from the one that is active on my system.
Or maybe u explained it right that the MLBGen17v3 does generate a random Valid MLB from my Serial Number (so i didn`t understand it). and not my active one.

Thats correct as I explained before, the generator will always output a different value each time as many times you click it but it will always relate to your Mac S/N so don't worry if it throws up a different value to your current one.

I've finally upgraded from Mavericks to Sierra and much to my surprise iMessage partially works. Under Mavericks I couldn't get iMessage to work at all.

iMessage works perfectly for some contacts, including syncing messages with my iPhone, but with other contacts only my messages will show in iMessage Sierra but not the contacts' response.

So.... Anyone have any insight? I'm not sure how to proceed with the all the information on the home page. Not sure what to try without breaking iMessage.

Many thanks and appreciated!

John V.

So I followed the iDiot's guide and got iMessage to sign me in briefly before kicking me out and throwing me a customer code error. I'm on Sierra 10.12.3 with the iMac17,1 system definition. Any reason why this happens or has anyone been having the same issues?

Some useful information:

1. I'm using an apple ID created in 2016.
2. I DO have a credit card and 2FA enabled on the account.
3. My NVRAM appears to be persistent on boot up.
4. Instead of using simpleMLB (which the guide suggested) I used the newer MacGen to generate my MLB.
5. Serial was generated by the clover shaker and checked on both everymac and apple coverage.
6. ROM is set as a RT variable as MacAddress0 (Ethernet en0), however I use my WiFi PCIe card (en1) to connect to the internet generally.
7. My OLD apple ID (a @me.com email) is able to sign in just fine and send messages.

I just want to make sure there is absolutely nothing else I can before I make the call to Apple because last time I did they couldn't solve the problem...

Last edited:
So I followed the iDiot's guide and got iMessage to sign me in briefly before kicking me out and throwing me a customer code error. I'm on Sierra 10.12.3 with the iMac17,1 system definition. Any reason why this happens or has anyone been having the same issues?

Some useful information:

1. I'm using an apple ID created in 2016.
2. I DO have a credit card and 2FA enabled on the account.
3. My NVRAM appears to be persistent on boot up.
4. Instead of using simpleMLB (which the guide suggested) I used the newer MacGen to generate my MLB.
5. Serial was generated by the clover shaker and checked on both everymac and apple coverage.
6. ROM is set as a RT variable as MacAddress0 (Ethernet en0), however I use my WiFi PCIe card (en1) to connect to the internet generally.
7. My OLD apple ID (a @me.com email) is able to sign in just fine and send messages.

I just want to make sure there is absolutely nothing else I can before I make the call to Apple because last time I did they couldn't solve the problem...

Same problem for me I have all the same details as you above. I've heard switching back to the iMac 14,7 system def helps. I don't know anyone that's using 17,1 and has working iMessage. :( I've already been through 2 different serial numbers, customer codes and calls to apple and they also are not able to resolve the issue.)

Same problem for me I have all the same details as you above. I've heard switching back to the iMac 14,7 system def helps. I don't know anyone that's using 17,1 and has working iMessage. :( I've already been through 2 different serial numbers, customer codes and calls to apple and they also are not able to resolve the issue.)

I really don't want to use a different system definition as a fix though... Fixing iMessage and FaceTime isn't worth the other issues that could arise by doing that. I'm assuming since I can get in for that brief moment, my ID's are valid (can someone confirm?) and I will take the plunge and call Apple...

I really don't want to use a different system definition as a fix though... Fixing iMessage and FaceTime isn't worth the other issues that could arise by doing that. I'm assuming since I can get in for that brief moment, my ID's are valid (can someone confirm?) and I will take the plunge and call Apple...

You can try. Like I said I've done this 2x with generated values and following every step of the guide.

Both time I got the customer code and Apple was unable to resolve on their end. I think it's a 17,1 issue personally.

I'm going to try one last time, and if I can't get it to work oh well. Everything else is running great and I can live without iMessage on my desktop since it works on all my other devices.

I've finally upgraded from Mavericks to Sierra and much to my surprise iMessage partially works. Under Mavericks I couldn't get iMessage to work at all.

iMessage works perfectly for some contacts, including syncing messages with my iPhone, but with other contacts only my messages will show in iMessage Sierra but not the contacts' response.

So.... Anyone have any insight? I'm not sure how to proceed with the all the information on the home page. Not sure what to try without breaking iMessage.

Many thanks and appreciated!

John V.

If you're logged into iMsg/F-Time and only some messages are showing up, the problem is synchronisation between devices which is relatively easy to fix. Here's how to fix it - on your hack -> System Preferences -> iCloud, click 'Sign Out' and reboot then sign back into iCloud, the sync problem should be fixed.

Normally that's all it takes, if that did not fix the problem or you've already tried this method, I will tell you a more extensive method to try. Good luck.

Thanks esafeffie! I'll give it a shot! You've been supporting this thread for a long time! Awesome job man!

Back