Contribute
Register
@ MikeHoward - Hi run iMessageDeBugger and post the results and I will look at your values to see if anything is amiss. At this point don't worry about someone copying your values because if they are not working for you then they'll be useless to others. There is no guarantee that my advice will solve the problem but maybe I will be able to offer some constructive advice and hopefully point you in the right direction. Initially I used to formulate my MLB by just adding 5 random characters to the end of the S/N but now I use a script in 'Terminal' to Generate a value for all my builds without any problems, again let me stress, I can offer no promises just another angle to tackle the problem.

@ MikeHoward - Hi run iMessageDeBugger and post the results and I will look at your values to see if anything is amiss. At this point don't worry about someone copying your values because if they are not working for you then they'll be useless to others. There is no guarantee that my advice will solve the problem but maybe I will be able to offer some constructive advice and hopefully point you in the right direction. Initially I used to formulate my MLB by just adding 5 random characters to the end of the S/N but now I use a script in 'Terminal' to Generate a value for all my builds without any problems, again let me stress, I can offer no promises just another angle to tackle the problem.

@esafeddie,

Cool , thank you for your reply. Will do it later today after work.

have tried adding the five random character to the end of MLB. In fact 3 years ago when i build my machine on mavericks, and then switch to Yosemite with a completely new install. IM worked first time using that !!!

Over the past weeks I have tried using simpleMLB.sh script (comes with recommendation from the awesome guide provide on tonymac by P1LGRIM- aka Idiots guide... ) without success, but maybe i'm doing it wrong. I noted that the script has been deprecated. In fact there is another one "MacGen" which i have not tried.

Regards

Hi @esafeddie,

Please see the attached files.

1. network configuration 1.png -> show network. en0 and en1 is configured.
2. network configuration 2.png -> show that we actually use wifi to connect to internet. This is because the machine is not close enough to the router. However I have completely removed the wifi card and moved the machine to the router and then connect via LAN cable. Also verified that it is configured as en0 and built in etc. Still no luck with IM.

3. iMessage-debug.png. Please note, values in the ROM is changed for the purpose of making this info public. The MLB and Serials were untouched.

Also im getting the contact support message with a cc.. Have not tried to phone home :)

Tx for the effort.

Attachments

• network configuration 2.png
    network configuration 2.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 131
  • network configuration 1.png
    network configuration 1.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 150
  • imessage-debug.png
    imessage-debug.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 110
Btw i also have 2 credit cards : 1 Visa Classic & 1 Master Card.
They are from the bank where i work but they only work on Albanian Store,i tried to switch to United States store but on the US store it says credit card/payment declined,will give it a try with the CC of my father which is from a higher End bank on my country.if it works on US Store i will try Apple Music and see if somehow it might fix iMessage but i really am not counting on that.
My only personal option that i would like to try is go to a Apple store and on one of the iPhones there that are for testing,add my main Apple id - sign in to icloud,add as a trusted device,call my sister to give her the code when she tries to sign in on my hackintosh with my Apple ID and tell her try to sign in into my hackintosh and see if it somehow fixes that,if it does,remove everything from that iPhone after and go home happy.

I can 90% say that Credit Card doesn't matter (from my own personal experience)

In case i call Apple Support for a second time, what if i give the serial number of my colleague Macbook Pro and tell them that I don't have it with me.Or maybe tell them the generated serial number and tell them that i purchased it from eBay,it had a problem with the board and got fixed ?

@ MikeHoward - The script I use 'SimpleMLB.sh' or'MLBGen17v3' for all my current builds (I take no credit for the creation of the script), just open 'Terminal' and drag or copy and paste the whole script and hit enter which will then generate an MLB value unique to your machine specs (This can be done numerous times, formulating different ones each time). Maybe you've already tried this version but if you haven't just give it a try. This is important - before you change your values, you should sign out of iCloud, delete the files depicted in the 'Idiot Guide', completely remove the machine from the internet and inject the new values. After all this is done, 'Repair Permissions' reboot and run iMsg DeBugger and check that the new values are the same as injected. If all looks ok, connect to internet, log onto iCloud to register machine, after this you can try iMsg/F-Time.

One bizarre tip a member tried and shared which worked for him - Turn your internet router off for a minute or so forcing a reset/refresh. Apparently the router was broadcasting different and random data at times causing iMsg/F-Time rejection, I'm not suggesting this is the problem you're having but I've seen many weird happenings with the iMessage problem. Good luck.

Attachments

• simpleMLB.sh.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 96
  • MLBGen17V3.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 95
Btw i also have 2 credit cards : 1 Visa Classic & 1 Master Card.
They are from the bank where i work but they only work on Albanian Store,i tried to switch to United States store but on the US store it says credit card/payment declined,will give it a try with the CC of my father which is from a higher End bank on my country.if it works on US Store i will try Apple Music and see if somehow it might fix iMessage but i really am not counting on that.
My only personal option that i would like to try is go to a Apple store and on one of the iPhones there that are for testing,add my main Apple id - sign in to icloud,add as a trusted device,call my sister to give her the code when she tries to sign in on my hackintosh with my Apple ID and tell her try to sign in into my hackintosh and see if it somehow fixes that,if it does,remove everything from that iPhone after and go home happy.

I can 90% say that Credit Card doesn't matter (from my own personal experience)

In case i call Apple Support for a second time, what if i give the serial number of my colleague Macbook Pro and tell them that I don't have it with me.Or maybe tell them the generated serial number and tell them that i purchased it from eBay,it had a problem with the board and got fixed ?

But won't your friend's laptop be registered on Apple's Data base in his name already and as his property? Just be careful and be wise.

@ MikeHoward - The script I use 'SimpleMLB.sh' or'MLBGen17v3' for all my current builds (I take no credit for the creation of the script), just open 'Terminal' and drag or copy and paste the whole script and hit enter which will then generate an MLB value unique to your machine specs (This can be done numerous times, formulating different ones each time). Maybe you've already tried this version but if you haven't just give it a try. This is important - before you change your values, you should sign out of iCloud, delete the files depicted in the 'Idiot Guide', completely remove the machine from the internet and inject the new values. After all this is done, 'Repair Permissions' reboot and run iMsg DeBugger and check that the new values are the same as injected. If all looks ok, connect to internet, log onto iCloud to register machine, after this you can try iMsg/F-Time.

One bizarre tip a member tried and shared which worked for him - Turn your internet router off for a minute or so forcing a reset/refresh. Apparently the router was broadcasting different and random data at times causing iMsg/F-Time rejection, I'm not suggesting this is the problem you're having but I've seen many weird happenings with the iMessage problem. Good luck.

@esafedddie, Thank you. Two things stands out for me:

1. Which of the two scripts should i run ?
  2. Is it a pre-requisite to first log into iCloud before activating IM ?

The MLB Generator, just place it on the desktop double click it and answer the two or three queries and it will give you the value.

Thank you for the effort.

2 challenges:

1. Your script "simpleMLB.sh.zip" to generate the serial number is empty when I download it. Only the folder structure comes through. So I decided to generate a serial using cloverconfig
  2. The MLB Generator "MLBGenV17V3" script generates the following error when I run it.

./MLBGen17V3
'R8' NULL
Serial is Incorrect
where 'R8" is characters 4 and 5 of the serial no.

I did managed to get it past the error but that was not using a serial number in my config. Doing this ask for S or M to input. S does not generate anything and says the MAC and ROM is different

Back