Contribute
Register
Oh my!!!! It seems we are slowly creeping back to the bad old days of Cloning genuine Mac values to get iMsg/F-Time working on our Hacks. I don't want to come across as some pretend Apple wizard or authority on the subject and I do understand the frustrations but Cloning is absolutely WRONG and sooner or later will lead to tears for both genuine Mac and hack, also worst case scenario all connected Apple ID's being blocked.

The only time cloned values should be used and I reluctantly say this, is if the cloned Apple machine will never connect to any Apple services, preferably never ever connecting to the internet. If you think that I am just scare mongering, please read this section Using Cloned ID's in the main 'How to Fix iMessage' guide. The lock out did happen affecting both real Macs and Hacks along with ID's hence the reason for the frustration some of you are experiencing some difficulty in getting iMsg/F-Time working on your Hacks. After so many cases of cloned machines plus the iCloud security breach, Apple completely changed the security protocol for iMessage and FaceTime.

Oh my!!!! It seems we are slowly creeping back to the bad old days of Cloning genuine Mac values to get iMsg/F-Time working on our Hacks. I don't want to come across as some pretend Apple wizard or authority on the subject and I do understand the frustrations but Cloning is absolutely WRONG and sooner or later will lead to tears for both genuine Mac and hack, also worst case scenario all connected Apple ID's being blocked.

The only time cloned values should be used and I reluctantly say this, is if the cloned Apple machine will never connect to any Apple services, preferably never ever connecting to the internet. If you think that I am just scare mongering, please read this section Using Cloned ID's in the main 'How to Fix iMessage' guide. The lock out did happen affecting both real Macs and Hacks along with ID's hence the reason for the frustration some of you are experiencing some difficulty in getting iMsg/F-Time working on your Hacks. After so many cases of cloned machines plus the iCloud security breach, Apple completely changed the security protocol for iMessage and FaceTime.

Well I did say the iMac I used was part of our render far and as such will *NEVER* access any Apple online services. That said, it worked WORSE than using generated values per the guides. I'm stuck at the contact apple with customer code issue.

I called Apple, they sent it to engineering, had me pull logs (which I had to sanitize of hack related items) and I'm waiting on a resolution on their end. According to the engineer I've been working with it should be working but something on Apple's end is still preventing successful registration.

A credit card is not absolutely required to enable iMsg/F-Time to work my debit card is registered to my account and everything works. This problem of getting iMsg activated on Hacks started when there was a massive surge of Cloned values and duplicated values being registered to opposing Apple ID's and ownership causing massive confusion on Apple Servers. To combat the problem they partially closed the system down affecting real Macs and Hacks until they introduced a new method of registration and security measures. That's why I am constantly warning against cloning values unless certain conditions are met.
By the way, borrowing a neighbours credit card or any financial information is such a bad idea and would not agree to such a method.

Last edited:
Ok - But you must understand there could be umpteen reasons why there is success for some and not others. Only Apple knows, also not having iMsg/F-Time access on one's Hack is not the end of the world and before you say 'Its easy for me to say that because It works on mine' I honestly feel the frustration of those that havn't. Thats why I try to help as much as I can with my limited knowledge on the subject. As Iv'e advised before, if you have followed the GUIDES and crossed checked your settings that nothing is amiss in the injected values, then it is pointless constantly changing Mac values, it will only frustrate the situation by adding more useless and conflicting data in your system compounding the problem even more.

The big hurdle is getting your hack Whitelisted coupled with your Apple ID and issued with a Security Token to be allowed on the iMsg/F-Time Servers and Apple is the only one that can do that. What continues to puzzle me is why these same machines are allowed to logon in the App Store and iTunes also make purchases but not iMsg/F-Time, one would think they would be locked out of those Servers as well if security was the big criteria.

My Apple ID is as old as the hills, Iv'e had it for years since and before the first iPhone. The general trend seems to be old established ID's has a better success rate on newly created machines than newly created ID's on new builds. In saying that, GoingBald (one of the Mods) reported out of 3 or 4 of his machines, one of them is throwing up a code even though the other builds are using the same Apple ID without a problem, so go figure. Like I said earlier, there could be umpteen reasons at play here.

My Apple ID is as old as the hills, Iv'e had it for years since and before the first iPhone. The general trend seems to be old established ID's has a better success rate on newly created machines than newly created ID's on new builds. In saying that, GoingBald (one of the Mods) reported out of 3 or 4 of his machines, one of them is throwing up a code even though the other builds are using the same Apple ID without a problem, so go figure. Like I said earlier, there could be umpteen reasons at play here.

Ya my AppleID is as old as the iPhone1 as well. I can't get my build to log in. Still waiting for Apple engineering to get back to me about it.

Ya my AppleID is as old as the iPhone1 as well. I can't get my build to log in. Still waiting for Apple engineering to get back to me about it.

Ok - I dare say you've run all the necessary checks on the injected values, i.e not using a Generic MLB value and have formulated one unique to your machine, constant static values between reboots also not settling for the first S/N thrown up by Clover, running uuidgen at least a dozen times in 'Terminal' to choose a value unique to your setup. If you have followed and implemented all that is advised in the GUIDE and you're still plagued with the Code and to call Apple, then I am afraid you're at the mercy of the Apple Tech's.

Ok - I dare say you've run all the necessary checks on the injected values, i.e not using a Generic MLB value and have formulated one unique to your machine, constant static values between reboots also not settling for the first S/N thrown up by Clover, running uuidgen at least a dozen times in 'Terminal' to choose a value unique to your setup. If you have followed and implemented all that is advised in the GUIDE and you're still plagued with the Code and to call Apple, then I am afraid you're at the mercy of the Apple Tech's.

Yup. I've followed the guide to the letter, just waiting to hear back from Apple :(

Capture.JPG
mac startup problem........ ( after loading auto shutdown)....( multibeast chameleon)

The Apple ID of my father was created on his iPhone 5 which i purchased it as a gift for his birthday like 2 years ago.
i Created the account straight from his iPhone,went to app store searched for a free app so u can create a account without credit card,i searched for facebook,i pressed get app and when it asks for account i went to the create new apple id option from there.
So basically his account is from the united states store,without credit card,opened on his iPhone 5 and it works just fine.
im using his apple id for iMessage the way IAMTHEONLY4EVER said to add a personal email on his reachable at on iMessage section of his account,unticked my email on his iPhone so messages doesnt get mixed with his iPhone & unticked his email`s and phone number on my hackintosh`s laptops so i don`t receive his iMessages.
At least im glad theres a sort of workaround to be able to use it and yes like IAMTHEONLY4EVER said i want iMessage because 80% of my friends and family,people who i know use iPhones the most so i can contact with them without having 100 chatting apps on our phones.
i hope we can find a way soon.
i was wondering if i should contact apple support 1 more time through the case number and tell that it didnt get fixed and see how it goes.
maybe give them the serial number of one my colleagues,he has a macbook pro 8.1 which is similar to my Lenovo B570e.
Will hold on and see how the situation goes for like a a week or so.

Back