Contribute
Register
Hi guys,
Ive swapped boards over and have and imported all sys details, including MLB and ROM from y old board (which I'm going to sell). The ROM on the old board (and therefore new one) was always set to 'UseMacaddress0'.

All other SMBIOS details are transferred over, including serial number and SMUUID.
Ive logged in without any issues.
Is this ok?

Thank you.

Hi guys,
Ive swapped boards over and have and imported all sys details, including MLB and ROM from y old board (which I'm going to sell). The ROM on the old board (and therefore new one) was always set to 'UseMacaddress0'.

All other SMBIOS details are transferred over, including serial number and SMUUID.
Ive logged in without any issues.
Is this ok?

Thank you.

That is Ok.

I checked my serial again, it's still valid. Weird.

I entered my serial number each week, it was always invalid. Today I wanted to check again, and the page told me that there is a maintenance and that I should come back later. I came back later, entered my serial and it was valid.

It's imperative that you ditch that serial number immediately if it is now saying valid after checking on Apple's website because it means that S/N is now issued to a genuine Apple Mac issued by Apple. If you continue to use it and log into any Apple services, not only will your machine be flagged and blocked but your Apple ID also, it's only a matter of time and believe me you don't want to go down that road.

It's imperative that you ditch that serial number immediately if it is now saying valid after checking on Apple's website because it means that S/N is now issued to a genuine Apple Mac issued by Apple. If you continue to use it and log into any Apple services, not only will your machine be flagged and blocked but your Apple ID also, it's only a matter of time and believe me you don't want to go down that road.

So what actually happens if you are blocked by Apple? How would you get unblocked? You can't really call them or anything without them finding out what you were doing. I've always been curious.

So what actually happens if you are blocked by Apple? How would you get unblocked? You can't really call them or anything without them finding out what you were doing. I've always been curious.

'What actually happens......' you asked, well it goes without saying - With the stringent security checks Apple is now using, your machine, Apple ID and possibly your IP address will be flagged as bogus and also a possible security threat and will consequently be blocked. Any Apple services you were previously using specially iMessage and F-Time will definitely be made unavailable to your Hack, possible worst case scenario forcing you to go and purchase a genuine Mac. If your IP address is flagged even with a genuine Mac, then you're really in the brown stuff, you'll need to put in a call to Apple, if that doesn't resolve the problem then you'll need to call your Internet Service provider and get the IP address changed. Definitely don't worth the hassle, so follow the correct procedure and avoid using genuine Mac serials on a Hack.

Quick question here after following P1lgrim's thread. It all went well, and it's an awesome guide for noobs - those reboots between config.plist edits may seem excessive, but it lets you back out if you screw something up. That said, after following the guide, I get the "call apple" message with my apple id and a "customer code" (format ####-####-####). I passed all the tests in the setup guide - the imessage debug info still matches up after multiple reboots, and as outlined in this thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP8), the "customer code" is always the same.

So following (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP8), I called in. They basically wouldn't let me do much of anything without a serial (I even offered to give them my legit MBP S/N if they needed it to track the case). So I gave them my fake S/N. The guy seemed a bit puzzled he couldn't find it, but he opened a case anyhow. He could see my Apple ID was active, that the hack was signed in for other services (iCloud), but did not have any real answer other than "check again tomorrow". So apple has my fake S/N, the fake system info (iMac, 27 inch, late 2015), and my Apple ID. They likely see at least a few more legit macs, and probably a few old hackintoshes. :) I asked the guy if there was anything to "reset" as far as any old macs on the account, etc. and he said no. As far as I can tell he didn't do anything other than the S/N lookup and a lookup on the "customer code" (and the verification of my Apple ID with the secret questions).

So I have a case number, and if I call in tomorrow he said I can talk to a "senior adivsor".

So, should I do that? Is there a point where I just say, "dude, it's not a real Mac, please just reset the flaarbagalmator for my iMessage, thank you!". I feel bad leading them along with this fake S/N - it's not quite up there with not paying for OS-X, but I am taking $$ in support if I keep pestering them. Although in the last 10 years I've given them more than $10K in sales, so maybe I shouldn't feel TOO bad.

Thoughts?

Any ideas? Is it worth pursuing with Apple or is that a bad move? My debug still looks good, the customer number reported in the error remains the same, the SN still shows as invalid at apple and valid at other serial checkers.

I saw the pointer to that ****** thread, which is about a year old, and that looks like the same procedure outlined here.

Any ideas? Is it worth pursuing with Apple or is that a bad move? My debug still looks good, the customer number reported in the error remains the same, the SN still shows as invalid at apple and valid at other serial checkers.

I saw the pointer to that ****** thread, which is about a year old, and that looks like the same procedure outlined here.

If this is a new build coupled with a new Apple ID, as I said in previous posts, it seems this combination is more problematic in getting connected to iMsg/F-Time even if the injected values are constant and true. Apple's new security measures are more stringent as of late, if you made the call to Apple tech with the Code and they report all is well at their end then I am afraid it's just a waiting game. You could always try the 'Two Step Verification' setup and see if that makes a difference, but I'm afraid once the Hack throws up the Code with the message to call Apple then there's nothing you can do but place the call and hope they will remove the block. I would reframe from the practice of constant logon tries and delete all data in the iMsg cache folders (see guide for direction) reboot after the deletions and resist the urge to logon for a week or so, I wish there was more I could offer for help. Good luck.

So I called Apple today and provided them with my customer code; eventually I was told there is no block on their side, but for some (yet unknown) reason I haven't managed to get iMessage/FT to work, despite the fact that I've been trying to do so for about a month now. I've read and understood this thread, but followed P1LGRIM's much simpler guide to configure everything correctly. What else could I try now?

Edit: Well, I suspect the answer above also covers my situation... I cannot understand why this guide works for some right away, while others struggle to no avail.

Last edited:
If this is a new build coupled with a new Apple ID, as I said in previous posts, it seems this combination is more problematic in getting connected to iMsg/F-Time even if the injected values are constant and true. Apple's new security measures are more stringent as of late, if you made the call to Apple tech with the Code and they report all is well at their end then I am afraid it's just a waiting game.

Just a datapoint, but this is an old ID. I think it goes back to my G3 iBook... Is there any harm in starting over with a new serial?

Back