Contribute
Register
Use values of a real mac that belongs to someone else .... my APPLE ID can be banned ..? and I will not be able to activate iMessage ... NEVER! ?

After i re did the idots guide my imessage debug showed the same rom as before, does that mean anything and yeah imessage doesn't work

I read and appreciated the simplicity of the Idiot's Guide. Apparently I'm more than an idiot, however.

I got through the part where I created a uuid and entered it (after entering a serial # in clover, plus the rtVariables changes). When I rebooted, I got stuck in a reboot loop at the apple logo. I'm running Sierra.

I'm getting zero info from verbose mode.

Any suggestions? I'm happy to post this elsewhere but not sure where.

Hi all!

Seems like I made some progress with another Laptop.

I followed the idiot guide for iMessage, now iCloud works but iMessage and FaceTime still throw the custom code.
Before I rebooted to make those changes, I deleted all caches according to the guide.

As iCloud works, which it didn't before, is there any solution to get rid off the customer code?

Thanks

Need help to clear something, does the old ROM from failed imessage fix attempts make any difference? cause ive redone all the steps, all values in the imessage debug have changed besides the ROM. Should i change the rom as well??

Have followed this guide multiple times, and I'm still getting the same error when trying to setup iMessage. Its showing:

Could not sign into iMessage:
An error occurred during activation. Try again

Looking in console, I'm not getting any errors, and my smbios settings are good...

Has anyone successfully fixed this?

hi guys! apple's stuff has changed since this guide was written. after trying a bunch of serial numbers at https://checkcoverage.apple.com I got a different message that might indicate success. it is:

"
Please validate your product's purchase date.
Apple is unable to provide information about your service coverage. Please sign in with your Apple ID and provide your product's date of purchase so that we can display your coverage information."

not an invalid serial. number warning, and not the success message indicated at the beginning of the thread. I'm hoping this is the new success message and am proceeding as such. man, its taken a long time to get a serial number, especially because the site locks you out after a certain number of tries!

Back