Contribute
Register
Guys! I have to contact apple support to give the imessage code but they ask me to share my desktop with teamviewer i think ahahaha how i can do it?

Guys! I have to contact apple support to give the imessage code but they ask me to share my desktop with teamviewer i think ahahaha how i can do it?
teamviewer is nice and easy to setup :)

question for you: If I give to the support a real iMac serial, just to avoid all the questions, and then I'll give them the Client Code of iMessage there is any problem with the activation? Cause I thinking that they associate the imessage code with that real serial number instead the fake hackintosh's serial...

question for you: If I give to the support a real iMac serial, just to avoid all the questions, and then I'll give them the Client Code of iMessage there is any problem with the activation? Cause I thinking that they associate the imessage code with that real serial number instead the fake hackintosh's serial...
if you give them a "real" serial then that is fraud... and also the serial may not match up to board numbers etc

Hi,
I did everything like in the new An iDiot's Guide To iMessage and came up with stable credentials but still a 12 digits code to call Apple support with.
Being in France, I called the French support. The IVR asked for my Mac S/N, then the guy did the same, I gave it, which he didn’t find after having me repeat it twice and counting how many letters and digits it had. Then he checked my name and Apple ID, checked that I was able to connect to System Preferences/iCloud, did something, asked me to try to connect to iMessage, and asked me for the 12 digits code. Then he asked me to connect also to Facetime, which I had never used, and the same 12 digits code poped up. At some time he put me on hold maybe to get advice.

I was very calm, and kept telling about the code and my AppleID. He seemed to me either puzzled by the situation, or maybe they are now aware of us hackintoshers, though he never asked me about my computer type (I created a 27" iMac 13.2 identity). It lasted around 20 minutes, and at the end, the guy just asked me if I was calling from France, and dropped the call !! Surely not part of his best practice and Apple values…

I may try another time in a few days. Any advice here ? Maybe call the US support ?

I still have some issues with iMessages, also after I did the 'Great Idiot's Guide':

My own - older - AppleID works an real MacPro3,1 and Hackintosh MacPro3,1 (P35-DS4/Q9550) and daughters (H77N-WiFi/i7 3770) after calling Apple support a year ago. Also on iPad2

My daughters -new- AppleID works on real MacPro3,1 and iPad2, but not on both Hackintoshs, even after calling Apple support.

Any idea?

Best regards

Einhorndg

Hi - Newly created IDs will most likely be problematic logging onto iMsg/F-Time, if one manages to logon,they will work on all Apple IOS devices and genuine Macs but will have very limited access on the amount of Hacks they are allowed to logon. Apple can discern between a genuine Mac and a Hack logged onto their servers and grant 'Security Tokens' to suit as a security precaution.
Don't despair, some new IDs cannot get past the logon stage even after calling support, in time probably with a few purchases from the App Store and creditable financial details attached to her Apple ID, the ID will be white listed and will be granted full access on all and unlimited devices. I have three Hacks running plus two iPhones (the wife's and mine) plus an iPad mini and we both have full access to iMsg/F-Time etc etc. You will notice some established members here has more than one rig up and running with full access on all of them despite updates or upgrades. The Hackintosh community by most part is tolerated by Apple but we have to earn their trust.

Thank you for your message, so I hope, my daughter will buy a lot of music...

... or does somebody know, what we should be 'worth' for Mom Apple, that we are allowed to use iMessage?

Last edited:
As its already established the song and dance hackintosh rigs has to perform to get iMsg/F-Time fully operational and only just if your Apple ID has a long history so to speak, I've been privy to learn if the info is true or not but it makes some sense. We can chop and change our components by way of upgrading, inject new values i.e change Mac model far easier than on a genuine Mac. The values on a Mac is actually burnt into the board at the manufacturing stage and therefore not so easy to change unless the board has to be changed for whatever reason, now this is where Apple gets a little jittery with hacks because of the security implications the way you can chop and change most everything from one day to the next.

You can logon to as many genuine Apple Macs and devices with your ID to you heart's content - but on Hacks........Not so much, it's their way of keeping a watchful eye on us. Like I said at the start, I don't know if this is fact or not but I did queried an associate of mine who works at a so call Apple Genius Bar :lol: why correct injected values and new IDs are still throwing up 'Customer Codes' and that was the answer I was given so go figure.:crazy:

Hi

Followed the "an idiots guide to iMessage". So far i have done the guide 5 times (triple checked all), with different model numbers of macs, from 2013 models to 2016 iMac, also did a full reinstall of the whole OS X and dit not help. Running a skylake 6500 i5 rig, everything works perfect except iMessage, iCloud and photos etc works fine. My rig should be very similar to an 27 iMac with skylake but that does not help.

Tried with two different apple id, with both i get the error message that i need to call the support to activate iMessage at this computer. I get the same message every time i tried, independent of id. My iMessage id are created during 2014 and 2015. I can se that if i put in wrong password then it does not work, so it is checking my data, and then blocking me actively most obviously from the servers, making a new id does not help neither i could se.

I am connecting with ethernet, e0 is working well.

Please asking for any help or advice. I can only se that most other get this to work?

Last edited:
Back