Contribute
Register
Ok before you make any changes what so ever - Log out of all Apple Services you're currently logged into especially iCloud which will remove the machine from you account. Disconnect the ethernet cable or disable wifi and stay off line until you formulate and inject the new values. Try to choose a Mac Model close to your Hack's specifications, then formulate and inject your MLB and ROM values, check values or static between reboots if ok go back on line and try a login. Good luck.

Thanks. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Any thoughts on the risk of switching system definitions?

Thanks. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Any thoughts on the risk of switching system definitions?
You're Welcome - as long as you remember to log out of iCloud before switching Sys Definitions you'll be ok. The reason to log out of iCloud before the switch is, the hack with that particular s/n will remain for quite sometime as still logged in against your ID and you can end up with multiple builds registered to your account - not good. There is an option on iCloud to remove the said hack but obviously if not signed out by you (Apple's Security) with your ID then anyone can sign out the hack without owners permission.

Bit of a long shot - Try this, sign out of all Apple Services you're currently signed into, iTunes, App Store and specially iCloud and go off line by plugging your ethernet cable out or disable wifi, then follow the instructions in 'Chapter 3.3' (Reset iMessage Configuration Files) then reboot and establish internet connection, wait approx: 30 seconds and log into iCloud, wait another another 30 seconds and try a iMsg/F-Time login. Don't despair if the steps taken does not bring instant results as sometimes the Apple Servers can take a little time to register your hack to your ID. Good luck
Thanks man. I did exactly that, but the same issue remains. See screenshot. I've also done a screenshot of Back to My Mac in iCloud settings, as I've noticed it's complaining today of a problem with my account. That's new. Btw, FaceTime is working fine.

Attachments

• im_notworking.png
    im_notworking.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 254
  • btmm_notworking.png
    btmm_notworking.png
    91 KB · Views: 255
I've been playing around a bit with my values. I get the message "You can not sign in on this Mac at this time" together with a code (pic attached below). The customer code seems to change when changing the SMUUID in Clover. My iMessage is working on this account on my iPod.

Also, when injecting the SMUUID it sets the UUID to System ID and not to Hardware UUID. It generates a uuid for hardware, which does not change until I change my SMUUID again.

Here are my values:

Code:
              Model: MacBookPro11,1
           Board-id: Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC
       SerialNumber: C02L78PBFGYY
      Hardware UUID: F5304497-71B8-59FC-9A24-5CB3699FF0B9

System-ID: 386F0D57-E9D4-4B7B-8F97-B9732B2830F5
                ROM: b9732b2830f5
  BoardSerialNumber: C02L78PBFGYYMR2GZ

Gq3489ugfi: 2f117a8fe7e9d023a17545c79e8061f96c
          Fyp98tpgj: b33c8586543080bbc223eb55272ea19d99
         kbjfrfpoJU: 6e3e6c8c647480542279c122bb71dec7e9
       oycqAZloTNDm: 84f3cbfa5cd280ab3b142df1766dff75a7
       abKPld1EcMni: 2276d1157e79e072cf4615a680efdb8092

It would be really nice if you could reply me.
Thank you

Pic is here: https://pl.vc/3pvol

3pvol

Chapter: 8 Contacting Apple Support (Activation of Customer Code)
I tried to contact Apple, but they were really set on knowing my SN, so it did not work... can I give them a SN from an old Mac that I have? Is it OK that my Hackintosh is an "iMac" but the SN would come off a Mac Mini? Are they actually checking or cross referencing anything?
Thanks

You're Welcome - as long as you remember to log out of iCloud before switching Sys Definitions you'll be ok. The reason to log out of iCloud before the switch is, the hack with that particular s/n will remain for quite sometime as still logged in against your ID and you can end up with multiple builds registered to your account - not good. There is an option on iCloud to remove the said hack but obviously if not signed out by you (Apple's Security) with your ID then anyone can sign out the hack without owners permission.

Thanks - I did that.

So last night I changed my system definition (iMac 13,2) and generated a new S/N using the shake buttons several times in Clover configurator. Rebooted, and generated MLB and ROM values as per the OP on this guide. I then rebooted and all of those remained the same between boots. As before, I could log in to iMessage without errors, but it wouldn't let me send anything.

I then removed all of the iMessage configuration files, did a reboot, and it worked great! Things synced, I could do message forwarding, and all was fine.

Until right about now. I can send SMS messages, but then it tries to send an iMessage and I get a red exclamation point next to it that when I click it says "Your message could not be sent - click 'Try Again' to send this message." What is also odd is that it will sync my iMessages that I send on my iPhone, and it will show up people that respond to me in iMessage, and it will show text messages I receive.

Basically, it seems that I can "read" from the iMessage servers, but I can't send/"write" to the iMessage servers. And I can do SMS forwarding through my iPhone. Has anyone ever heard of this issue? Very strange.

UPDATE:

Disabling text message forwarding from my iPhone does the trick to make it work again, at least for now... Strange

UPDATE 2:

Even weirder. When I have text message forwarding turned on to my hack, it will not sync iMessages I send from my phone to my mac, or vice versa. But it will sync SMS messages. This is after I turn it off and back on. I think having the text message forwarding on from my iPhone messes up iMessages on my Mac after a while. Any reason why this would happen? Do I need to be on the same network for my messages to sync when text message forwarding is turned on? Currently, I am not and am VNCing in to test iMessage.

Last edited:
Thanks - I did that.

So last night I changed my system definition (iMac 13,2) and generated a new S/N using the shake buttons several times in Clover configurator. Rebooted, and generated MLB and ROM values as per the OP on this guide. I then rebooted and all of those remained the same between boots. As before, I could log in to iMessage without errors, but it wouldn't let me send anything.

I then removed all of the iMessage configuration files, did a reboot, and it worked great! Things synced, I could do message forwarding, and all was fine.

Until right about now. I can send SMS messages, but then it tries to send an iMessage and I get a red exclamation point next to it that when I click it says "Your message could not be sent - click 'Try Again' to send this message." What is also odd is that it will sync my iMessages that I send on my iPhone, and it will show up people that respond to me in iMessage, and it will show text messages I receive.

Basically, it seems that I can "read" from the iMessage servers, but I can't send/"write" to the iMessage servers. And I can do SMS forwarding through my iPhone. Has anyone ever heard of this issue? Very strange.

UPDATE:

Disabling text message forwarding from my iPhone does the trick to make it work again, at least for now... Strange

UPDATE 2:

Even weirder. When I have text message forwarding turned on to my hack, it will not sync iMessages I send from my phone to my mac, or vice versa. But it will sync SMS messages. This is after I turn it off and back on. I think having the text message forwarding on from my iPhone messes up iMessages on my Mac after a while. Any reason why this would happen? Do I need to be on the same network for my messages to sync when text message forwarding is turned on? Currently, I am not and am VNCing in to test iMessage.

How did you generate your MLB? Did you take your serial + random characters?

Is your serial number valid according to Apple self solve?

Thank you

How did you generate your MLB? Did you take your serial + random characters?

Is your serial number valid according to Apple self solve?

Thank you
According to the change Apple has newly implemented on the s/n checker page, my S/N's now reads as 'not valid' which used to say 'Not in their records' but that does not stop my hacks from connecting to all the Apple Services.

My MBL's were formulated long ago by the same method documented in the 'Fix iMessage' guide.

According to the change Apple has newly implemented on the s/n checker page, my S/N's now reads as 'not valid' which used to say 'Not in their records' but that does not stop my hacks from connecting to all the Apple Services.

My MBL's were formulated long ago by the same method documented in the 'Fix iMessage' guide.

OK, thank for replying. Just to clarify, you mean you added 5 characters to the MLB, and not like on insanely Mac?

Did you add the MLB to the RT variables or SMBIOS? (I read somewhere it doesn't matter?)

I'm asking because I tried many combos and I always got the customer code message "iMessage can't be set up on this Mac at this time" + my apple id.

But the Apple ID works fine on my iPod with iMessage.

Edit:

When looking into the console, it aborts with this error: identityservicesd[703]: [Warning] Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service

Is that MLB or ROM releated?

Last edited:
As stated all my values were formulated using the methods in the 'Fix iMessage' guide i.e adding 5 random digits to the end of the Mac s/n to create the MLB.

Now I am not privy to if Apple has changed how it checks the Mac s/n against the SmBIOS, but it seems a lot of new builds are having problems setting up iMsg.

I don't have any problems with reinstall or upgrades but that could be the fact that I always use the same values from day one and my Apple ID is from the year dot so to speak.

If your ID is Ok on other devices then the problem lies on your hack (returning wrong info to the Apple Servers) hence the lock out.

Back