Contribute
Register
I agree with not registering a valid/fake serial. P1LGRIM could you please help us ? Could you test out what we are saying? Run a few through clover like you used to. Help us conclude, we are either doing something wrong. Or they've figured out, and blacklisted the serial algorithm of Clover.

Here's another development - Apple recently started requiring you to log in (never mind) to use the serial number checker - and the error now is different. It just flat up says "this is invalid."

Which is awesome because that now seems to suggest they're just going to start logging these attempts and blacklisting serial numbers - then accounts. I suppose my curiosity was poorly timed - but hey, if people weren't stupid now and then, problems would never be discovered.

EDIT: I lied. It forces me to sign in when I go to the page but then lets me sign out. Still not exactly a great feeling

Everything that you need is already in the guide.
For a walkthrough of the setup process see my Qx-2000 build - Link in sig.
You only need a serial number in a valid format.
You do not need a serial number from a genuine Mac.
You do not need to register a serial number for iMessage to work.

I've read the guide, and followed several off of youtube. I have no doubt I'm doing it right. I'm just trying to let everyone know. The guides are wrong, and don't work any more. Because they have changed the process atleast from the stand point of IMessage, and new serials. The fake valid response/ We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again, doesn't work.

Last edited:
I've read the guide, and followed several off of youtube. I have no doubt I'm doing it right. I'm just trying to let everyone know. The guides are wrong, and don't work any more. Because they have changed the process atleast from the stand point of IMessage, and new serials. The fake valid response/ We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again, doesn't work.

With Laptops it's often that they don't have a working Ethernet interface set to BuiltIn and en0.

With Laptops it's often that they don't have a working Ethernet interface set to BuiltIn and en0.

I think you are missing the point.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/redirects to https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Sometimes it forces you to log in to use it.

It no longer shows the message

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

Instead, it just shows:

This Serial Number is not valid

That means something has changed, and it is worth looking in to. If the guide is no longer accurate, it needs to be updated.

Also, now, my serial number (which passed the checks before) no longer works.

In other words, Apple has probably (once again) changed their validation process, and that warrants investigation.

I think you are missing the point.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/redirects to https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Sometimes it forces you to log in to use it.

It no longer shows the message

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

Instead, it just shows:

That means something has changed, and it is worth looking in to. If the guide is no longer accurate, it needs to be updated.

Also, now, my serial number (which passed the checks before) no longer works.

In other words, Apple has probably (once again) changed their validation process, and that warrants investigation.

Agreed ! For what it's worth, I believe you could be correct, about apple collecting every serial entry. They then could take that log, and have someone go through to validate or black list? I'm not sure they are that concerned. However if they went as far as to make this change, stands to reason. Why not when we are giving it to them on a platter.

It seems we have someone with inside knowledge of the security workings of Apple!!! - Whilst I am not going to dispute the findings of your own experience in trying to get iMsg to work on your hack, I do think you are making a very bold statement about the 'Fix iMessage' not working. There are many deciding factors attributed to get it all working on a Hack to allow Apple to issue a 'Security Token' on a Hack, just check 'System Log Queries' in 'Console' when ever your hack is kicked out of iMsg/F-Time and you will see why.

Let me start with a few examples, as pointed out on numerous times -Ethernet builtin and set to en0 as stated by P1LGRIM, also this is rare but it can and does happen, if your modem invokes a change (caused by your service provider!?) or broadcasts a different address you will not get to login, if your values are not remaining constant on every boot up, you will not login . If at any time you had to place a call to Apple with a Code and to call in and they say to you everything is ok at their end, you can rest assure that the problem lies within your setup.

I have used and still using the same methods set out in the Guide to trouble shoot iMsg/F-Time connection for friends and relatives and haven't found any of the changes you described. Oh I have found on a few occasions it does help if you have an App Store account with a valid Debit or Credit Card.

It seems we have someone with inside knowledge of the security workings of Apple!!! - Whilst I am not going to dispute the findings of your own experience in trying to get iMsg to work on your hack, I do think you are making a very bold statement about the 'Fix iMessage' not working. There are many deciding factors attributed to get it all working on a Hack to allow Apple to issue a 'Security Token' on a Hack, just check 'System Log Queries' in 'Console' when ever your hack is kicked out of iMsg/F-Time and you will see why.

Let me start with a few examples, as pointed out on numerous times -Ethernet builtin and set to en0 as stated by P1LGRIM, also this is rare but it can and does happen, if your modem invokes a change (caused by your service provider!?) or broadcasts a different address you will not get to login, if your values are not remaining constant on every boot up, you will not login . If at any time you had to place a call to Apple with a Code and to call in and they say to you everything is ok at their end, you can rest assure that the problem lies within your setup.

I have used and still using the same methods set out in the Guide to trouble shoot iMsg/F-Time connection for friends and relatives and haven't found any of the changes you described. Oh I have found on a few occasions it does help if you have an App Store account with a valid Debit or Credit Card.

Again no disrespect, since you've been at this a long time. I agree iMessage is a multi tier process. We are here to discuss our findings, and not disrespect? or ridicule? others for no apparent reason. Most of your response has nothing really to do with, what we are saying. You obviously didn't take the time to read anything we've actually said. I said nothing about iMessage fix, not working, or claiming Apple insider security( thanks i'm flattered) We stated, obvious speculation, not fud, nor anything about getting my ethernet card to en0 .. I actually can log into the App store. We ,meaning me, and 3 others who have posted this same message...

Apple's self solve site :

No longer shows the message

Instead, it just shows:

I know at-least two of us here have tried combined 600 times.

Never once.. Using Clover serials did it ever show..We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

Last edited:
Again no disrespect, since you've been at this along time. I agree iMessage is a multi tier process. We are here to discuss our findings, and not disrespect? or ridicule? others for no apparent reason. Most of your response has nothing really to do with, what we are saying. You obviously didn't take the time to read anything we've actually said. I said nothing about iMessage, not working, or claiming Apple insider security( thanks i'm flattered) We stated, obvious speculation, not fud, nor anything about getting my ethernet card to en0 .. I actually can log into App store. We meaning me, and 3 others who have posted this same message...

Apple's self solve site :

No longer shows the message

Instead, it just shows:

I know at-least two of us here have tried combined 600 times.

You're problem sounds like your MLB is not valid. My one machine here which is my Quad Core Xeon build has pre-generated values iMessage and FaceTime and iCloud works. Serial number isn't valid and still works. Im pretty certain your problem is MLB related.

You're problem sounds like your MLB is not valid. My one machine here which is my Quad Core Xeon build has pre-generated values iMessage and FaceTime and iCloud works. Serial number isn't valid and still works. Im pretty certain your problem is MLB related.

I agree, i see that others are still having success, using serials numbers from clover. However I'm unsure when they got them. Or if it really matters if the are really valid or not. I'm just trying to make a point about trying to get the correct response from solve.apple. To cross a valid/fake serial number step, off your list while trying to decipher why your, not being able to get iMessage to work.

I agree, i see that others are still having success, using serials numbers from clover. However I'm unsure when they got them. Or if it really matters if the are really valid or not. I'm just trying to make a point about trying to get the correct response from solve.apple. To cross a valid/fake serial number step, off your list while trying to decipher why your, not being able to get iMessage to work.

I think its down to the values you're using. I had a set of values awhile ago which wouldn't work at all then i re-generated the values and sorted the problem. I think it all boils down to if someone else is using the values youve generated.

Back