Contribute
Register
I followed this guide and got messages and icloud working.
Facetime isn't working, how to make it work ?

If you have iMsg working then face time should work - Open the FaceTime app then click 'Preferences' and check the details there, if correct, tick the boxes to enable the account - as easy as that!.

With FaceTime there can be problems if the camera serial number is not detected / missing.

Check in About This Mac :

Attachments

• Camera.png
    Camera.png
    28 KB · Views: 171
Hello - I would appreciate some help. I mirrored Stork's recent Gene build.

I followed the guide by doing the following:

1. Deleted all files suggested in guide.
2. Changed serial #.
3. Manually inserted SmUUID.
4. I had my system set as MacPro 3,1, but changed to iMac 14,2. In "manage my apple ID" on apple's site, it shows up as "Mac Pro", so I deleted it hoping after I rebooted and logged in, I would see "iMac" instead. However, its still coming back as Mac Pro even though in my System Profiler it shows iMac 14,2 (late 2013).

Messages still tries to send messages in green (sms). It actually started working again for a a couple hours and then stopped (maybe after I rebooted again). My serial # is not coming up on Apple's website (good thing). Please help. Thank you!

I might have screwed up....

I went through the guide and called Apple, and they were super friendly, asked me about the s/n a few times, went on hold a few times, and then came back, asked me to do the PIN thing from the website, and then fixed my issues. i was able to make an outgoing facetime call and actually speak to someone.

Then i turned the computer off, went home, turned it back on and now it doesn't work. Facetime is asking for my AuthToken then when i "allow" it boots me back to the password screen. From reading it seems that NVRAM is the problem (maybe?) but in that section it says that since i'm using clover then i didn't need to worry.

is there any way for me to fix this?

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on a HP probook that seems to have no other issues (yet) *knocks on wood*

I've read through several guides, and did tons of searches.. Has anything changed with getting a valid serial number?

I've tried probably 125+ :banghead: serials, all were either not valid, or actually valid. I had about 4 that were please login in to validate your purchase date?

Did everyone else have this much trouble?

Looking for a valid 10.2 Macbook pro haswell I5... Am I trying to get a serial for something more controlled or? Should I go for something else? My system is a Dell Laptop I5 4gen 8gb ..

The more I think about it, either theres a complete misunderstanding on this subject .. Or a non valid serial number works. Because I find it implausible, this many users found valid, non registered serial's. At the rate I'm going, 500 tries might yield 1? might???. Unless theres something I'm missing.

CLover, now I'm trying Chemleon wizard..

The more I think about it, either theres a complete misunderstanding on this subject .. Or a non valid serial number works. Because I find it implausible, this many users found valid, non registered serial's. At the rate I'm going, 500 tries might yield 1? might???. Unless theres something I'm missing.

CLover, now I'm trying Chemleon wizard..

I think you are misunderstanding. When you say you have a non-valid serial #, what do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com. You should be getting the message:
We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

If you get anything else it's a no go. That message means the serial number seems legit, but can't be found in their system. That's what you want. If you stumble in to an existing registered serial you'll have conflicts and it won't go well when the valid user of that serial tries to log in.

I might have screwed up....

I went through the guide and called Apple, and they were super friendly, asked me about the s/n a few times, went on hold a few times, and then came back, asked me to do the PIN thing from the website, and then fixed my issues. i was able to make an outgoing facetime call and actually speak to someone.

Then i turned the computer off, went home, turned it back on and now it doesn't work. Facetime is asking for my AuthToken then when i "allow" it boots me back to the password screen. From reading it seems that NVRAM is the problem (maybe?) but in that section it says that since i'm using clover then i didn't need to worry.

is there any way for me to fix this?

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on a HP probook that seems to have no other issues (yet) *knocks on wood*

Are your values staying the same on every Reboot? Are you using Apples native NVRAM or are you using EmuVariablesUefi-64? Id recommend to see if values are staying the same on every reboot, cold boot.

Are your values staying the same on every Reboot? Are you using Apples native NVRAM or are you using EmuVariablesUefi-64? Id recommend to see if values are staying the same on every reboot, cold boot.

ROM and MLB seem to be staying the same.
I have no idea if I'm using native nvram or emuvariablesuefi-64. how would i tell?

When i set this up i more or less did a hybrid of NgyuenMac's probook guide and that of RehabMan's Hotpatch for probooks (to load all the post install stuff).

I never knew anything about NVRAM until i started reading this guide, and when i got to the part that talked about it, it advised that i didn't' need to worry since i used clover. so i didn't :(

Back