Contribute
Register
I have a serious problem that I can't resolve

I used UNIBeast and installed OS X El Capitan smoothly. I wanted iMessage to work. So I started going through the steps. I came to the SMBIOS information. I downloaded clover configurator and started following some of the steps within. I clicked the magic wand and changed some information to better match my build. I read that changing the information to something closer to your build can help fix iMessage. So I chose a iMac 15,1. I did not finish configurator so instead of loosing my changes, I saved upon exit. Well, the next time I restarted my computer, it applied the SMBIOS changes and now my computer will not restart. What is the best solution for this? I tried starting from scratch again and that does not work so now I can only see to throw away my SSD and buy another. Is there another option?

The apple sign appears and an error flashes in the top left corner.
panic(cpu 0 caller oxffffff801c3213c6): "zone_init: kmem_subbaloc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.3 and that's all I have, there was more but it was cut out of the video.

I used UNIBeast and installed OS X El Capitan smoothly. I wanted iMessage to work. So I started going through the steps. I came to the SMBIOS information. I downloaded clover configurator and started following some of the steps within. I clicked the magic wand and changed some information to better match my build. I read that changing the information to something closer to your build can help fix iMessage. So I chose a iMac 15,1. I did not finish configurator so instead of loosing my changes, I saved upon exit. Well, the next time I restarted my computer, it applied the SMBIOS changes and now my computer will not restart. What is the best solution for this? I tried starting from scratch again and that does not work so now I can only see to throw away my SSD and buy another. Is there another option?

The apple sign appears and an error flashes in the top left corner.
panic(cpu 0 caller oxffffff801c3213c6): "zone_init: kmem_subbaloc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.3 and that's all I have, there was more but it was cut out of the video.

You must be very wealthy to discard a perfectly good ssd drive - just use the installation usb drive to boot up and make the necessary changes to the config.plist - or worst case scenario, use the same usb installation drive to reformat the ssd and install el-capitan again.

I do have some spare SSD's, but I have a strong feeling that I will run into this issue again because I don't know what I'm dealing with. I've been working on this for days and have become quite aggravated. I know nothing about computer coding and boot software and things that are described in these build threads. I simply rely on the instructions given and most of this confuses me. Can I make my repairs in the clover options menu, since I intend on using clover config for my details anyway? I'm reading about what all of the items in the list mean and comparing them to my components to utilize proper entries.

In clover configurator, the instructions stated to mount the EFI to your drive to apply the changes and I never did that because I don't know how, but when I exited clover config, it asked me to save the information and I did. Did I do this correctly?

My computer will not boot at all. Last night I was at the clover screen trying to install from the USB to start all over. That would not work. I turned off my computer for the night. Today, I started it up and nothing was showing up on the monitor. I switch from the graphics card to the motherboard, nothing. I changed monitors, nothing. I unplugged the SSD for Mac OS X El Capitan and connected my SSD for Windows 10. Windows 10 would boot in 7-8 seconds. Now, it will not boot at all. My screen is showing as it nothing is connected. I tried graphics card and motherboard and nothing happens. I cannot access the BIOS menu to change anything. Nothing boots up. What happened to my computer, can anyone help?

I've been trying to get iMessage working a couple times now, on my old T430 and my current t450. I have to use a MBP 12,1 SMBIOS and it works, and doesn't show up in Apple's database. Also. I'm injecting my en0 MAC address as my ROM value and I have tried using 50 different generated and custom made MLB values and none of them seem to work. I know that they stay consistent using iMessageDebug, but I still can't get it to work. When I log in to iMessage, it logs in fine, but then it asks me to sign in again when I try to send a message, and it gives me a customer code. I have already called Apple 2 times before to try to get imessage working on the same account and they have unlocked it on their side both times but I think it would be more suspicious if I called again.

My computer will not boot at all. Last night I was at the clover screen trying to install from the USB to start all over. That would not work. I turned off my computer for the night. Today, I started it up and nothing was showing up on the monitor. I switch from the graphics card to the motherboard, nothing. I changed monitors, nothing. I unplugged the SSD for Mac OS X El Capitan and connected my SSD for Windows 10. Windows 10 would boot in 7-8 seconds. Now, it will not boot at all. My screen is showing as it nothing is connected. I tried graphics card and motherboard and nothing happens. I cannot access the BIOS menu to change anything. Nothing boots up. What happened to my computer, can anyone help?

The Power Unit could be at fault if there is no sign of activity.

Fantastic, after 18 months of no Messages (apple blocked me) this worked a treat so thanks for the obvious effort you put into this and yes I did donate, so thanks again.:thumbup:

Fantastic, after 18 months of no Messages (apple blocked me) this worked a treat so thanks for the obvious effort you put into this and yes I did donate, so thanks again.:thumbup:

Hi if you don't mind, can you elaborate a little exactly on what part/parts of the Guide that worked for you just to give an insight and hope to other members still trying to get iMessage to work - Thanks - Glad you found the Guide useful - enjoy:thumbup:

When you say that it won't boot, do you mean NOTHING happens when you power on? You're not getting the motherboard logo, or Clover, or anything? Because my first assumption would be that after changing to iMac15,1 you've encountered the screen sleep problem due to the different way it handles graphics.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

Back