Contribute
Register
Can't find system-id in IORegistryExplorer

Hi, I followed your guide and tried to check if I had the SID bug. I opened IORegistryExplorer and entered IODeviceTree/efi/platform, but I can't find system-id property. Could you help me?

P.S. after I clicked "platform", the CPU rate immediately rose. The property named "extra" returned a lot of "00" and very few non-zero numbers in the end.

P.S. My laptop is Lenovo Y50-70 i5 Haswell 1080p. I followed the guide in http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html.

I cannot even begin to comprehend how that is possible! (unless Apple has changed the protocol which I doubt) - The only plausible explanation I can think of is that iMessage DeBugger is not reading your values correctly, as having correct ROM and MLB values are an important factor for iMessage/F-Time to function correctly as you described in your post. I can understand your curiosity but if your happy with your setup, just enjoy.

No I am not happy because It doesn't work so on my el capitan system. So I have two options: either I configure clover in a way so that I get failed ROM and MLB output from imessage_debug or if imessage_debug isn't able to read correct MLB ans ROM values from my yosemite+chimera as you said then I get those values with the help of any other tool. Do you have any suggestions?

Well... that's just weird. Do me a favor and try to make a new Apple ID in Messages on the guest account. My suspicion is that it won't work.

Lazarus,

would you like me to try and use my current ID, or just create a completely new one?

Thanks again for the help :)

Also as requested for information:

Newest OS X Build. This was a 100% fresh install. However, upon thinking about it, I think maybe I might know what caused it:

I was previously on Yosemite, then did a 100% new install on a different drive, and I copied my Clover config information and Sys Def.

(Items used: Sys Def | Serial | Rom | MLB). Now, the only thing I can't remember is if I brought over the UUID or if I let the system compile a new one?

If I missed one of these items or screwed it up somehow, then technically I would be getting a random error from Apple's end as all the items match except for one, maybe causing the kick-out of Icloud / iMessage?

Which brings me to this question:

If I am going to go and do a new install, what can/should I bring over from my working iMessage Clover config (see above)?

No I am not happy because It doesn't work so on my el capitan system. So I have two options: either I configure clover in a way so that I get failed ROM and MLB output from imessage_debug or if imessage_debug isn't able to read correct MLB ans ROM values from my yosemite+chimera as you said then I get those values with the help of any other tool. Do you have any suggestions?

I am not too familiar with a Chimera install but there is detail instructions in the Guide how to inject the necessary values in a Chimera install to get iMsg/F-Time working. Maybe give it a read and try the method within - Good luck.

Lazarus,

would you like me to try and use my current ID, or just create a completely new one?

Also as requested for information:

Newest OS X Build. This was a 100% fresh install. However, upon thinking about it, I think maybe I might know what caused it:

I was previously on Yosemite, then did a 100% new install on a different drive, and I copied my Clover config information and Sys Def.

(Items used: Sys Def | Serial | Rom | MLB). Now, the only thing I can't remember is if I brought over the UUID or if I let the system compile a new one?

If I missed one of these items or screwed it up somehow, then technically I would be getting a random error from Apple's end as all the items match except for one, maybe causing the kick-out of Icloud / iMessage?

Which brings me to this question:

If I am going to go and do a new install, what can/should I bring over from my working iMessage Clover config (see above)?

If I may, I would suggest running iMessage Debugger and make a note of the values i.e. ROM, MLB, Sys Def and Mac S/N because all you've changed is the OS X version. Now you can inject these values into your new install - Before you make these changes it would be advisable to log out of all Apple services you're logged into and go offline until you make the changes - Good luck.

hi everyone until now my imessage and facetime is not working..do i need to call to the apple customer support?because when i try to log in it said call apple customer support and it has a code..

If you get a Code with a 'Call Apple customer support' there is nothing you can do but to put in the call to remove a potential block on your Hack or to 'White-List' it on the Servers. There is an example in the Guide how to handle the call - Good luck.

If I may, I would suggest running iMessage Debugger and make a note of the values i.e. ROM, MLB, Sys Def and Mac S/N because all you've changed is the OS X version. Now you can inject these values into your new install - Before you make these changes it would be advisable to log out of all Apple services you're logged into and go offline until you make the changes - Good luck.

Thanks Eddie! :)

I will definitely start there.

I will go back to my old physical drive / Yosemite OS and see if the ROM/MLB/Def/SN Match my current system.

Question: would it matter if they have a different UUID? I know I asked this in the last post, but if I did not pull that over with all the rest, could that be causing an issue?

Thanks Eddie! :)

I will definitely start there.

I will go back to my old physical drive / Yosemite OS and see if the ROM/MLB/Def/SN Match my current system.

Question: would it matter if they have a different UUID? I know I asked this in the last post, but if I did not pull that over with all the rest, could that be causing an issue?

If you can pull the other details from the original install I can't see any reason why the original UUID value won't be there as well. As far as having a different UUID with original values, I am not sure how that would affect the ability for your hack to log into Apple services. If you cannot find the original values, I would log the rig out of iCloud (very important), formulate a set of new values and inject those into the config.plist - Hope this helps and good luck.

Lazarus,

I'd like to see you make a totally new ID and do it on the guest account. That way there are no preferences or files for it to refer to. My prediction is that even though your existing account works with wonky or missing numbers, a new account won't.

I'd like to see you make a totally new ID and do it on the guest account. That way there are no preferences or files for it to refer to. My prediction is that even though your existing account works with wonky or missing numbers, a new account won't.

Perfect! I'll give it a shot tonight.

SIDE NOTE: I was going through my phone and found that use SMS if iMessage is unavailable was turned off. Clicked it back on computer automatically added phone again.

Back