Contribute
Register
Hello.
Can someone help me define my problem.
I read the chapters and cannot find a solution.
I changed the s/n rom and UUID number with the help of this guide.

My problem, I presume it makes it a problem, is:
* when I restart my hackintosh, old s/n and name are given to it.
* when I restart and manually pull out the cable, I get the identity i put into the clover plist.
* If I delete the ethernet connection and restart, the Ethernet loads back up per clover configuration, so I get the old s/n and name back.

How do I know? Old identity and new are listed as two difference devices in the apple ID section. I can delete the new one, but cannot delete the old one. As the old one is the one being seen "online" ...

When I restart with the cable unpluged I get the new name identity in terminal...
If I restart with the cabel pluggged in I get the old identity in the Terminal, but the sharing name is the new one.

Any idea what is going on???

So now iMessanger is working.
But with help from outside. I had additional problems that are yet not described in this guide.

* had to clean my 3 years old cache folder with cleanmymac, so now the name stays and does not change.

* had to generate mlb according to s/n. Whatever this was a major or minor issue I do not know.

* came across that my NVRAM might not be working. And true, after reboot It forgot test variables.
I have a legacy boot and needed additional scripts.
So I had to go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/?source=typ_redirect and download clover booter form there.
The ones on this site are not useful, since they do not have the "Costumize" option...or excuse me I did not find it.
So under "costumize" I installed "Rc scripts on rarget volume" and "RC scrips on all other bootable OSX .."

WORKS!

FYI, I followed the guide and got a customer code to call Apple with. Called them and they really had no idea what to do. Finally, they did as described in the guide, but according to the rep on the phone, with 10.11.2, there is some sort of problem where registering the code is no longer instantaneous.

Was told to wait 24 hours for the code to get registered in their database.

Thanks for the excellent work!

Try signing out of iMessage/F-Time and then iCloud, next sign back into iCloud then iMessage and F-Time, you may have to go through the verification process on one of your Apple devices again. Good luck.

Hello. I have this same problem, Looks like it signs in well, Contact is correct color, sometimes texts load that I had sent from my phone, I go to put in a message, it looks blue immediately after sending, then the contact name field turns red, and the (!) appears in red next to my message :(
I tried signing out of everything, rebooting, then signing back into iCloud first, authenticating iCloud keychain, made sure that worked. Made sure my contacts had time to load. Then signed into iMessage, and the same thing happens :/ I tried generating a few new UUIDs using the generator and putting it in clover config and saving, then all that again and still no good :/

Edit/Update : 5 Minutes later, I tried enabling "Text message forwarding" it took a while, but then it showed up in messages, I entered the code, then i was able to text. A few minutes later I notice now my messages are going out as iMessage instead of texts. What a strange world we live in. I'll update again if it fails again. Thanks!

Update 2:
Well it's still working, but weirdly, I noticed random minor pick ups in fan speed, and some very short hangs in Messages, so I opened up Activity monitor, Turns out, about once every ~10 seconds or so, Messages, callserviced, and soagent each use a full thread of CPU. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Is it bad that I'm considering not touching it because I finally have iMessage working ? :p

Update 3:
In the process of deleting all those files, my Gmail chat was disabled from Messages app. One of the things I tried to do this was turn remove and re-add the google account. Apparently When I re-added it, there was some kind of conflict. All I had to do was turn off google contacts sync and the problem went away.

Hi,
I installed El capitan on my lenovo Z50-70 but I have a problem with iMessage:
I can use normally FaceTime but when I try to use iMessage I have only this message: "non è registrato con iMessage" that means it isn't registered with iMessage. When I send a message to my account from another I can read it on my mac mini but not in my hackintosh... Somebody knows a fix? Thanks

I have this issue that I think others have on 10.11.2 where it won't let me send iMessage. I have no authentication errors or anything. It just tries to send SMS to my iMessage contacts. Sometimes it will say the user isn't registered with iMessage if I don't login to iCloud.

I have no issues with text message forwarding though.

I have this issue that I think others have on 10.11.2 where it won't let me send iMessage. I have no authentication errors or anything. It just tries to send SMS to my iMessage contacts. Sometimes it will say the user isn't registered with iMessage if I don't login to iCloud.

I have no issues with text message forwarding though.

Hi - Have you tried method described in post #5393?.

Hi,
I installed El capitan on my lenovo Z50-70 but I have a problem with iMessage:
I can use normally FaceTime but when I try to use iMessage I have only this message: "non è registrato con iMessage" that means it isn't registered with iMessage. When I send a message to my account from another I can read it on my mac mini but not in my hackintosh... Somebody knows a fix? Thanks

If you setup iMessage/F-Time correctly on your Hack, you should get a message and an e-mail from Apple saying a new mac model (Macbook pro or Mac mini - etc etc) is now signed into your Apple account along with a Number Verification code with which you confirm by entering the Verification Code on the Hack in question. Without these Apple Security steps iMessage will not work. Hope this helps.

If you setup iMessage/F-Time correctly on your Hack, you should get a message and an e-mail from Apple saying a new mac model (Macbook pro or Mac mini - etc etc) is now signed into your Apple account along with a Number Verification code with which you confirm by entering the Verification Code on the Hack in question. Without these Apple Security steps iMessage will not work. Hope this helps.

Well I got it working by following this guide but after I changed darkwake=10 to darkwake=8 trying to fix audio breaking on resume from sleep it stopped working and after reverting those changes it just won't work at all. I tried redoing everything in the guide with no luck :(. I also tried what you wrote in #5393

Well I got it working by following this guide but after I changed darkwake=10 to darkwake=8 trying to fix audio breaking on resume from sleep it stopped working and after reverting those changes it just won't work at all. I tried redoing everything in the guide with no luck :(. I also tried what you wrote in #5393

Darkwake wont have had any effect on iMessage. That's just a coincidence IMHO

that's what I thought too.... I'm waiting on hold with apple because i have the same issue on my MBP too now :(

Back