Contribute
Register
I'm not gonna even bother with deleting caches and all that, I've already been the one of the first to get a new weird issue a in the past so I'm pretty sure it's Apple either having some issues or making some changes. If it's not resolved at the beginning of next week, probably Apple made some changes.

I followed the guide as always, it worked for one or two days and today it does not.

My Message settings looks normal, as always. Not sure what you mean with "Nothing appears to the right of my active iMessage account".

Also want to add that if I go to one of my iOS devices and try to enable text forwarding, the popup with the code doesn't appear on my hack. Although when singing out of iMessage and back in again in my hack I get the "That computer is now using iMessage" alert on my iOS devices.

If the setup on your Hack is correct you not only get 'That computer is now using iMessage' but you will be sent a 5 number verification code to be entered into either your iPhone or iPad to enable 'Text Forwarding' without this code you will not be able to employ that service.

I will reboot three times, checking with iMessage Debug. I'll do it in a few minutes.

I have been booting back and forth between my backup and my boot. I made my backup as soon as iMessage was working. Nothing changed. Didn't seem to make a difference UNTIL 2:45 when I was able to send messages! I cloned the backup to the boot. Reboot. Messages failed! I rebooted the backup. Messages failed!

It's working again, without me having to do anything.

There were some issues with the Mac App Store, probably some connectivity problems that affected iMessage.

tovkal,

You're lucky. Mine worked briefly at 2:45. Now it's not again.

essafeddie - I rebooted three times, checking Debug each time. Numbers all stayed the same.

The ID that iMessage works with, is that your primary Apple ID? - Create a guest account and try to login.

Yes it's my primary and what do you mean by guest account you mean guest as in OS X guest account or Apple ID?

tovkal,

You're lucky. Mine worked briefly at 2:45. Now it's not again.

essafeddie - I rebooted three times, checking Debug each time. Numbers all stayed the same.

Make sure your that your MLB value is not a default or Generic one - Post your iMsg readout after deleting any sensitive details if you like so that we can see any mismatches.

It's working again, without me having to do anything.

There were some issues with the Mac App Store, probably some connectivity problems that affected iMessage.

There is a section on the Apple website where one can check to see if there are any outages of any Apple Services in your particular part of the world or area before you start to panic that its your rig and start to change settings unnecessarily - A case of look before you leap? - lol.

Back