Contribute
Register
Back on th 12 /29 (previous page) I fixed my problems and Messages was working GREAT!

I woke up yesterday morning and it acted like it only wanted to send SMS. The green progress bar stops just short of sending and then it fails. All of the accounts I try sending to are red and "is not registered with Messages"

So what changed? I checked iMessage Debug. None of the values have changed since it was working.

Mini Update: I just booted my backup. Same thing. I'm able to login. I even got a notification on my iPhone that a new Mac is using Messages. But is still will not send or receive. Still the red "is not registered with Messages"

I'm seeing the same issue, with a computer build just this week. Yesterday morning (CET) was the last time it was working.

Back on th 12 /29 (previous page) I fixed my problems and Messages was working GREAT!

I woke up yesterday morning and it acted like it only wanted to send SMS. The green progress bar stops just short of sending and then it fails. All of the accounts I try sending to are red and "is not registered with Messages"

So what changed? I checked iMessage Debug. None of the values have changed since it was working.

Mini Update: I just booted my backup. Same thing. I'm able to login. I even got a notification on my iPhone that a new Mac is using Messages. But is still will not send or receive. Still the red "is not registered with Messages"

Please note - as reported before, sometimes the ability to get full function of iMessage/F-Time after a new setup or build especially on a hack is not always instant. If you were able to log in successfully after a few problems and got notification from one of your Apple devices i.e. iPhone or iPad about a new device logged in but you are unable to send or receive messages, it can take a while for the Services to sync across all your devices and function as expected, just sit tight and don't change anything at this point because it can take anything from a few hours to a few days for everything to come together. If you're still having problems such as 'Recipients not Registered' or in 'Red' or can send but cannot receive, try logging out of iCloud and back in again. Sometimes this has the knack of kick starting synchronising - Good luck.

tovkal,

I'm both sorry for you and kinda sort of relieved it's not just me.

I've got through and done all the previous stuff that had worked: deleted all the imagent, ichat, iMessage, etc prefs. Deleted the Messages folder, deleted the cache. Rebuilt permissions. Nothing. Deleted my internet accounts - iCloud and Google. Still doesn't work. I can sign back in in Messages. Everything is still red.

Now in Messages -> Preferences -> Accounts: Nothing appears to the right of my active iMessage account. No linked iPhone or emails. I'm not able to delete the account via the minus symbol.

Hi esafeddie,

Thanks for the reply.

Messages was running beautifully for 2-3 days. I was having multiple conversations. No issues. Perfect. So it seemed like everything was activated.

Haha. No. We're having a communication issue.

Caps for clarification; not trying to be rude.

It's NOT working NOW.

At first I had an issue prior to the 29th. THEN it WORKED for TWO days. YESTERDAY it stopped working.

So I am having a NEW problem.

The previous issue was not being able to sign in. I fixed it then. For two days I was signed in & everything worked. NOW I am signed in, but all my contacts are "not registered with iMessage"

I had the same problem, but I fixed it! :) Thanks for the guide!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I did the following things:
1. Log out from the iMessage and iCloud too!
2. Turn off the internet (cable off) !!
3. Run Clover Configurator and open the clover config.plist (need to mount the EFI partition)
4. Choose the 'SMBIOS' tab. I generated a new (12 digit) serial number with the wizard
5. Generate a new SmUUID with the following Terminal command: 'uuidgen'
6. Copy-paste the generated UUID to the (empty) SmUUID field in the Clover Configurator - SMBIOS tab
7. Choose the 'Rt Variables' tab. For the 'ROM' field you need to find and type you network card Mac Address (12digit).
8. For the 'MLB' field copy-paste your 12digit serial number and type more 5 random digit.
9. Restart your Hackintosh
10. Log in to the iMessage.
IT WORKS!! :)

My serial number on SMBIOS sections has only 11 characters, is this normal?

tovkal,

I'm both sorry for you and kinda sort of relieved it's not just me.

I've got through and done all the previous stuff that had worked: deleted all the imagent, ichat, iMessage, etc prefs. Deleted the Messages folder, deleted the cache. Rebuilt permissions. Nothing. Deleted my internet accounts - iCloud and Google. Still doesn't work. I can sign back in in Messages. Everything is still red.

Now in Messages -> Preferences -> Accounts: Nothing appears to the right of my active iMessage account. No linked iPhone or emails. I'm not able to delete the account via the minus symbol.

I'm not gonna even bother with deleting caches and all that, I've already been the one of the first to get a new weird issue a in the past so I'm pretty sure it's Apple either having some issues or making some changes. If it's not resolved at the beginning of next week, probably Apple made some changes.

I followed the guide as always, it worked for one or two days and today it does not.

My Message settings looks normal, as always. Not sure what you mean with "Nothing appears to the right of my active iMessage account".

Also want to add that if I go to one of my iOS devices and try to enable text forwarding, the popup with the code doesn't appear on my hack. Although when singing out of iMessage and back in again in my hack I get the "That computer is now using iMessage" alert on my iOS devices.

Hey my problem is that iMessage only works with one Apple ID all the rest of them I've tried give me a customer code what's the deal?

Haha. No. We're having a communication issue.

Caps for clarification; not trying to be rude.

It's NOT working NOW.

At first I had an issue prior to the 29th. THEN it WORKED for TWO days. YESTERDAY it stopped working.

So I am having a NEW problem.

The previous issue was not being able to sign in. I fixed it then. For two days I was signed in & everything worked. NOW I am signed in, but all my contacts are "not registered with iMessage"

Sorry about the mixup - From what you're saying I would hazard a guess that something has changed at your end because if it worked before, then that tells me that your inject values are not constant every time you boot up or log out. The best way to ascertain this is to run iMessage DeBugger make a note or better still do a print out of the results. Now run DeBugger between at least three reboots and compare the values with the one you initially printed out or made a note of, there should be no deviation between the results if there is then thats where your problem lies.

Back