Contribute
Register
A long shot - force a refresh on your modem by turning it off or push the reset button!!??

Okay forced a refresh, generated a new IP address but still comes up with the same customer code message. I think apple are lying to me about there not being a lockout on my apple ID, will making a new Apple id and calling them make any difference?

Okay forced a refresh, generated a new IP address but still comes up with the same customer code message. I think apple are lying to me about there not being a lockout on my apple ID, will making a new Apple id and calling them make any difference?

Why on earth would Apple lie to you, that is highly unlikely my friend - The problem is on your rig its just a matter of finding exactly where it is. Try to log in again and note down the Customer Code, now create a Guess Account and try to log in with your Apple ID and see if there is a difference in behaviour or a different Customer Code.

Why on earth would Apple lie to you, that is highly unlikely my friend - The problem is on your rig its just a matter of finding exactly where it is. Try to log in again and note down the Customer Code, now create a Guess Account and try to log in with your Apple ID and see if there is a difference in behaviour or a different Customer Code.

Thanks for the suggestion - Just created a guest account and logged in, received the same message with the same code. Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks for the suggestion - Just created a guest account and logged in, received the same message with the same code. Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

I've been in this situation on a friend's hack - solved the problem by wiping the drive and start over. I am not suggesting you do that but what you could do is log out of iCloud along with any other Apple Service and create new values including Mac S/N, ROM, MBL and System ID - I am wondering if you remembered to delete the contents of the iMessage cache folders to minimise any repeat corrupt data (Guide has procedure on 'How to') - Apart from this and previous, I am all out of ideas - Good luck.

I've been in this situation on a friend's hack - solved the problem by wiping the drive and start over. I am not suggesting you do that but what you could do is log out of iCloud along with any other Apple Service and create new values including Mac S/N, ROM, MBL and System ID - I am wondering if you remembered to delete the contents of the iMessage cache folders to minimise any repeat corrupt data (Guide has procedure on 'How to') - Apart from this and previous, I am all out of ideas - Good luck.

Forgive my ignorance, if i was to wipe the drive and then end up back at the customer code screen even after i've changed all the values, would i then need to call Apple again with the new customer code even if its with the same Apple Id as before?

Forgive my ignorance, if i was to wipe the drive and then end up back at the customer code screen even after i've changed all the values, would i then need to call Apple again with the new customer code even if its with the same Apple Id as before?

Unfortunately unless you are fortunate enough to log in right away after an installation and configuration, the answer to your question is yes.
If you do go down the route of wiping the drive and start over, remember its important to log out of iCloud and any other Apple Services before wiping the drive.

So I have been getting an apple customer code error when trying to login to imessage and was told to contact apple support. I did so and they tried everything and it doesnt seem to work. he wanted to screen share but i didnt let him and figured if its not working maybe there is something wrong on my end. I figured id just create a whole new SMBIOS profile and run through imessage setup again. But I wasnt sure if its a good idea for my apple id...

So I have been getting an apple customer code error when trying to login to imessage and was told to contact apple support. I did so and they tried everything and it doesnt seem to work. he wanted to screen share but i didnt let him and figured if its not working maybe there is something wrong on my end. I figured id just create a whole new SMBIOS profile and run through imessage setup again. But I wasnt sure if its a good idea for my apple id...

First, make sure you are changing and altering all value's while you are offline. Doing this once or twice, isn't going to flag your Apple ID. The concern is you do not want the same machine showing up with different values, too many times... :thumbup:

Back