Contribute
Register
So I'm using 10.10.4 and chimera as my boot loader fresh install on a gigabyte ud3h ....I have a graveyard of unwanted macs 2007-2011. is there a simple fix for iMessage by just using the mlb and rom from one of the old macs? I see ch. 7.1 and i know I got macs that will never be used again. I'm a first time hackintosher and have pulled off an amazing build with everything working . but iMessage and FaceTime has got me stumped

Hi I am not too keen on cloning values but as long as you own the host rigs and they will no longer be in use then no harm in going that way. For me iMessage proves a little hit and miss with Chimera, I find Clover a lot easier, but its not impossible to have a sucessful setup of iMsg/F-Time with Chimera Bootloader. Have a read of the Guide how to inject the values in Chimera, you will need to go offline to do this, run iMessage DeBugger after to insure values are true and constant between every reboot and then reconnect to the internet.
If you find you're having problems with your injected values, try removing your DSDT until your injected values are stable - Good luck.

is this " two step verification" "on" must to run imessage?

I had the same problem. Enable 2 step authentication on your Apple ID & add a credit/debit card. It should start working.

i was using 2 step verification but i disabled it as it got annoying and my iMessage and FaceTime just logs in with no issues :thumbup:

yeah, i don't have 2 step verification enabled too and i can login and log out imessage and facetime normally but i am getting still 'Not Delivered' but still can delivered to my own imessage id

i was using 2 step verification but i disabled it as it got annoying and my iMessage and FaceTime just logs in with no issues :thumbup:

I have mentioned this before - If you are confident that your setup passes all the requirements for iMessage/F-Time to function on your Hack but for some reason is throwing up a Customer Code to call Apple, this can mean two things either your Hack's values are flagged or your ID is flagged on this particular P/C - hence the reason you are abled to log in on your iPhone or iPad but not the Hack.

If you do get the Code to call, there is nothing you can do but to make the call, just be clear concise and assertive (see Guide how to handle the call). Apple knows all about the Hackintosh Community, we are a big part of their revenue and you'll be surprise how helpful they can be during the call. Remember also, if you are told by the Apple Tech all is good to go at their end, try not to log into the iMsg/F-Time Service straight away as it can take anything up to an hour. Too soon and you will suffer the same lock out again with the Customer Code, or Sync problems, Contacts not recognised, Messages not delivered or received etc. etc. The best policy (what worked for me) - When told by the tech all is good to go, end the call and power off the rig, power back on but resist the urge to sign into iMsg/F-Time for an hour or so and all being well, you should be able to enjoy all the Apple Services.

is this " two step verification" "on" must to run imessage?

No, it's not. But what's the harm in trying it? It worked for me. May be it would work for you too, may be not. 2 Step auth and a credit card adds credibility to your apple ID.

@xxxnac i did generate a password for imessage and i got a different customer code while attempting to login.
i haven't change any rom,mlb,s/n
think ill just call apple again and see.
thanks mate

Let us know if u get it working!

I have mentioned this before - If you are confident that your setup passes all the requirements for iMessage/F-Time to function on your Hack but for some reason is throwing up a Customer Code to call Apple, this can mean two things either your Hack's values are flagged or your ID is flagged on this particular P/C - hence the reason you are abled to log in on your iPhone or iPad but not the Hack.

If you do get the Code to call, there is nothing you can do but to make the call, just be clear concise and assertive (see Guide how to handle the call). Apple knows all about the Hackintosh Community, we are a big part of their revenue and you'll be surprise how helpful they can be during the call. Remember also, if you are told by the Apple Tech all is good to go at their end, try not to log into the iMsg/F-Time Service straight away as it can take anything up to an hour. Too soon and you will suffer the same lock out again with the Customer Code, or Sync problems, Contacts not recognised, Messages not delivered or received etc. etc. The best policy (what worked for me) - When told by the tech all is good to go, end the call and power off the rig, power back on but resist the urge to sign into iMsg/F-Time for an hour or so and all being well, you should be able to enjoy all the Apple Services.

Thanks for your help. I'm confident the values are correct, because I can use iMessage on my wife's hack with my own login. I can use her login on my Macbook Pro with iMessage. I just can't use her login on her hack to use iMessage. I contacted Apple and gave them the code; still no dice. I followed 3.3 to a T; still no dice. I'm going to try this two-step authentication thing. It seems like no matter what I do, her hack still gives the exact same customer code and asks to call. If any ideas other than two-step authentication, please let me know. Thanks again!

did you check your account page under imessage preferences?
does it show the account is active?

Yup, under the preferences it says account is active and I can sign in and sign out without an issue. But I can't send or receive any iMessages. It has been 24 hours and the issue has not resolved itself. I did the Chapter 3.3 thing and deleted all the necessary files but that didn't make a difference. I can only assume that when I called Apple they used the code provided by iMessages to allow me to sign in but it is not registering as a new machine using iMessage, therefore it won't send. But that's just a guess.

Back