Contribute
Register
I am thinking about finally making the jump to Yosemite - I have been avoiding it because I am afraid of getting my Apple ID locked. I installed Clover on a second partition and it is working fine so far - though I have not yet tried logging into iMessage.

On my Chimera partition I have the NVRam fix from this thread going and iMessages is working fine - has been since March. Am I better off updating that partition to Yosemite and then switching my bootloader to Clover or starting with a fresh install? I am thinking that upgrading would have the same serial number and SMUUID already. Should I upgrade, install Clover and transfer the values from the working Mavericks install to Clover via Clover Config?

Any ideas / thoughts / success stories would be helpful! As you can see from my system info I am running basically a 2013 Customac Pro. Very basic. Thanks!

I know this sounds blunt but upgrade however you want, use the correct kexts, use the same clover stuff (plist etc), and just use clover its awesome!!!

P.S. You are lucky you have a custom built hackintosh. I have a Asus G750JM Laptop and upgrading is way harder... Also if you are very scared about upgrading maybe clone your hard drive.

EDIT: Do not use an extra partition for clover... Get clover configurator mount efi partition usually first one, goto finder then efi partition(this efi partition is like on you macintosh Hd install.. Make a folder called EFI on the root of that partition), Copy the Clover and Boot folder in the EFI folder on the EFI partition and your good to go!! Delete that partition you have clover installed on(you need to mount that so you can copy the clover files to the new location)

as mentioned i already tried that solution.
however i only tried reseting the wan ip by myself.
ill try call my isp to reset it again and if it still exist i will contact apple one more time.
thanks again:thumbup:
let you guys know my result

looks weird that im quoting myself.
anyway, i tried to contact my isp and they said they can't do it for me because im not using a static ip address so i already done my fix via power cycling my router with a new wan ip for this solution.
i contacted apple later and went through the same process again.
they transfer me to an expert which he asks me to screen share again and i just gave some reason to put it on hold and i can contact them to continue later.
do you guys think i should let them screen share my hack or i should just give up having access to imessage/facetime?
if i you guys think i should screen share, what do i need to hide so they won't be able to know that its a hack?

looks weird that im quoting myself.
anyway, i tried to contact my isp and they said they can't do it for me because im not using a static ip address so i already done my fix via power cycling my router with a new wan ip for this solution.
i contacted apple later and went through the same process again.
they transfer me to an expert which he asks me to screen share again and i just gave some reason to put it on hold and i can contact them to continue later.
do you guys think i should let them screen share my hack or i should just give up having access to imessage/facetime?

Sounds risky... Check out what I just posted for you it might just work!

Good Luck!

id recommend trying Clover out on a test drive so install Mavericks once you done that install Clover in Mavericks on your Test drive then once you got everything up and running such as Graphics audio etc run iMessage debug and fill in rt Variables get iMessage and FaceTime everything up and running once you've done that copy your config.plist over to your main Drive :thumbup:

EDIT: Do not use an extra partition for clover... Get clover configurator mount efi partition usually first one, goto finder then efi partition(this efi partition is like on you macintosh Hd install.. Make a folder called EFI on the root of that partition), Copy the Clover and Boot folder in the EFI folder on the EFI partition and your good to go!! Delete that partition you have clover installed on(you need to mount that so you can copy the clover files to the new location)

Sorry I should have been more clear: I have Clover installed on EFI with a partition for Yosemite on a separate SSD. My Unibeast Mavericks install is on one SSD using legacy boot and then I have Clover going with the EFI partition and UEFI boot on a second SSD. I just hit F12 at the bios start and choose which disk to boot off of. Everything is running smoothly in the Clover install but it has a new serial number generated in clover configurator and as such my main concern is that Apple ID will lock my account when I try to login.

So I am wondering if I am better off copying all of the iMessage Debug values from my working Unibeast Mavericks install over to the Clover config so that it matches what Apple's servers are already seeing.

I have been Hackintoshing for a couple years and it is great - but I will say Apple has succeeded in making me freakin' paranoid about iMessage! :crazy:

you can copy the values from your working config that will work just fine its what i did and it worked for me :thumbup: make sure you disconnect from the internet before changing anything

Sounds risky... Check out what I just posted for you it might just work!

Good Luck!

yea. i feel risky giving access to them too.
so thats why i put it on hold ask some advice here.
i already checked out what you had posted and the solution there is basically what i had done.
i worked on it already and encounter the same issue.
i also tried to go through the whole process again re-generate new values and try again.
unfortunately, i still encounter the same issue which im still working around with it.
im starting to wonder whether it will be my setup.
any ideas?
thanks again

Goto chapter 3.3. Run these two commands in terminal (needed so you can view files that need to be deleted and be able to navigate to them)
  1. defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
  2. killall Finder
  3. delete the iMessage config files (where to navigate to and stuff that needs to be deleted in chapter), reboot, empty trash can, repair disk permissions, and try logging in...

EDIT: Also delete any files with security in the title... and please manually navigate to the folders to make sure your in the right ones..

P.S. I deleted a couple of files not mentioned with the word messages in them and others (Prob didn't make a diff)

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and report back.

I had the same problem. Enable 2 step authentication on your Apple ID & add a credit/debit card. It should start working.

hi guys,

im a newbie whos just setup a hackintosh via clover everything works fine except for imessage, graphics card not working properly for dual monitor (when detecting the exact series) and sleep/wake. ill just going to details of the issue of imessage here since this thread focus on imessage.

i had read some related stuff from the guide from page 1 of this thread and followed this guide here. at the end, i got a customer code and went to try to contact apple support suggesting from chapter 8. i had made two calls as i wasn't sure they are not really strict on s/n. So basically, my first call was just directing them to my customer code i got from imessage and they told me they had fix it and ask me to try later when i have access to the mac later. Obvious when i try i got the same code again so I called again. Second call, the lady just skipped the s/n part after she can't verify for 2 attempts. however, i still encounter the same customer code after they said they got me registered in the system. they did some troubleshooting with me but i still have the same code while trying to login and they passed me to a senior technician which i hanged up in the middle of the process.

any suggestion that i can do to find out whats the problem in my hand?
I had checked my value didn't change every reboot via imessagedebug that was provided here.
i also had tried to reset my wan ip.
sorry for my poor english

thanks in advance

I had the same problem. Enable 2 step authentication on your Apple ID & add a credit/debit card. It should start working.

Back