Contribute
Register
I'm curious if you heard back from them or not. I'm in a similar situation. Was on the phone for an extended time and they reset my acct (or whatever it is they're doing on their end) using the customer code multiple times, but facetime throws the same customer code at me every time.

My specs are staying consistent in imessage debug across reboots, and I followed this guide to generate serial, ROM, MLB and UUID. My BSD names are in order (en0 for ethernet, en1 for the wifi I'm using). I even gave the support supervisor my clover generated serial number (had no option as I was sharing the screen with him and he asked to verify it) and he looked it up and said it was valid for my hardware even though the previous guy had made an issue of not finding it registered.

I was told to create a second Apple ID to narrow down if it was an account issue or a hardware issue. I told him I would this weekend and let him know. After the call, I tried with a second Apple ID from a test user account on my machine and got a customer code (different number).

So the problem doesn't seem to be with my account, but rather with the way I have my system set up.

Kind of at a loss here.

noup, im still waiting for a mail or phone call from them

To those using wifi...
I'm using the suggested TP link wifi card from the buyers guide which worked right out of the box (but no Imessage)
I tried everything in this thread...several hours...could sign into Imessage but could not send any messages
As a last ditch option I tried plugging into ethernet, signed out of Imessage and signed back in, and it works!

However I still don't have Facetime working. More accurately, when someone calls my Iphone I get the facetime alert on my hackintosh asking if I would like to answer the call but clicking yes results in the call being disconnected. When I try to initiate a call and send it to my iphone, my iphone will light up for a moment as though it is about to make the call (as sent by facetime) but then it stops and facetime (on hackintosh) reports call failed. Please help?

I'm running 10.10.3 with clover
I don't have a webcam connected (but I'm just trying to make and send calls to my Iphone from the hackintosh)
I have both the Ethernet and wifi connected (Imessage is working perfect like this)

Strange problem today. imessage kicked me out for first time in many months, and would not allow login unless i renerated an app specific password. Googling it got me this post on ******, https://www.******.com/r/apple/comments/326j4r/twostep_verification_app_specific_password_issue/

Which is exactly what happened to me.

I KNOW imessage supports 2 factor, it's asked for my iphone code before. Why all of a sudden the app is acting like a 3rd party non apple app is beyond me.

In addition. SMS forwarding is now disabled. regular imessages send but any and all SMS forwarding messages now delivery fail.
EDIT, fixed SMS forwarding part by unregistering and re-registering mac through forwarding on iphone.

Great!!! - No I am not saying that, the idea for checking your S/N on 'self solve.apple.com' is to insure that your generated s/n does not belong to a genuine Mac as that would cause some confusion as you could imagine. Now with your new values, if static and constant between reboots, hopefully you should be abled to log into iMsg/F-Time with your Apple ID without the need to call Apple - Good Luck.

What exactly would happen if your serial was the same as a genuine Mac someone was using? Is there risk that messages you send/receive would show up on their iMessage? Or since iMessage requires not only the serial matchup, but also logging in with your unique Apple ID, there is no way your messages would be routed to their machine?

What exactly would happen if your serial was the same as a genuine Mac someone was using? Is there risk that messages you send/receive would show up on their iMessage? Or since iMessage requires not only the serial matchup, but also logging in with your unique Apple ID, there is no way your messages would be routed to their machine?

Two machines sharing the same s/n takes us back to certain individuals cloning real Mac Serials just to get iMsg/F-Time working on their Hacks and just look at what happened, this caused Apple to revised their security protocols which caused these p/c's including real macs to be blacked listed and in some extreme cases Apple ID's as well.

Pretty soon the mismatch will show up on the Apple servers - although the s/n is the same, other values will not be and both machines will be flagged as bogus. Apple has become jittery since the iCloud security breach some time back and the cloning fiasco just made matters worse.

Two machines sharing the same S/N, is to be AVOIDED at all times if you want to run OS X on your rig trouble free and besides, its not hard to generate your Hack's own unique S/N, ROM, MLB etc etc - No need what so ever to clone values. Hope this answered your query.

Two machines sharing the same s/n takes us back to certain individuals cloning real Mac Serials just to get iMsg/F-Time working on their Hacks and just look at what happened, this caused Apple to revised their security protocols which caused these p/c's including real macs to be blacked listed and in some extreme cases Apple ID's as well.

Pretty soon the mismatch will show up on the Apple servers - although the s/n is the same, other values will not be and both machines will be flagged as bogus. Apple has become jittery since the iCloud security breach some time back and the cloning fiasco just made matters worse.

Two machines sharing the same S/N, is to be AVOIDED at all times if you want to run OS X on your rig trouble free and besides, its not hard to generate your Hack's own unique S/N, ROM, MLB etc etc - No need what so ever to clone values. Hope this answered your query.

Thanks for the info. I definitely double checked the serial I chose to ensure it was valid and not registered. My concern was more around if someone else with a Hackintosh chose the same serial in the future or some scenario like that and how it would be handled. Hopefully that doesn't happen, as the blacklisting, etc doesn't sound like a fun thing to deal with.

@ stevenikks - With the amount of Hacks out there, the laws of probability says there is a small chance that Clover or Chameleon Wizard would generate the same s/n for another rig. What would happen or how Apple would deal with that scenario is anyones guess. One would hope the owners would be contacted and a solution would be offered to resolve the issue.

Apple knows about and tolerates (at the moment - as long as we play nicely me thinks) the Hack Community, after all we also contribute a large chunk to their revenue by way of their other products, so shutting us out would not be in their best interest is my opinion.

Apart from that I don't know what else to suggest to help you apart from trying a clean install to get rid of all the garbage you may have accumulated on the rig during your trials and errors - what ever you decide Good Luck.

As for me, I just completed a clean install and still I get the customer code. It's seeming like Facetime isn't to be for my hack.

I don't know if there's a specific issue with Clover and "MacbookAir6,2" (I highly doubt it), but when I installed 10.10.3 on my Dell M6600, I used "MacbookPro6,2" (which is the right definition for that hardware), and a Clover based install.

After I had installed everything, modified config.plist, generated the serials and UUID, every single iCloud service worked without a hitch.

I seriously doubt that your issue is Clover's generated IDs.

mmm looking truth console and i found this

16/06/15 16:37:43.062 identityservicesd[311]: [Warning] Broadcasting no devices for account IDSDAccount: 0x7fd56254f080 [Service: IDSDService: 0x7fd562507e70 [Identifier: com.apple.private.alloy.continuity.auth Display Name: Continuity Auth Topic: com.apple.private.alloy.continuity.auth Service: com.apple.private.alloy.continuity.auth Protocol: com.apple.private.alloy] Login: [email protected] UniqueID: 7D30E9C9-19EF-4821-8DA0-DCFB0E1D8838 Account Type: Apple ID Registration: (null) Registered: YES Linked Accounts: (null)] even though we have some

but my system id is, as imessagesdebuuger say's is

SerialNumber: CK2LTX13DRVC
Hardware UUID: 0BF0E5E8-77F6-5B4F-93C8-E1D280DEB011
System-ID: 98A6819F-D2C4-41DD-B762-86A381A3BB22
ROM: 86a381a3bb22
BoardSerialNumber: CK2LTX13DRVC18MXB

whats wrong?!:crazy:

edit: mmm i think that the engineers are working whit my case LOL my S/N now appears as valid in to the apple support page :lol:....also...when i try to log in into iMessages i get another error message...it says that i can't use iMessage at the moment with mi id...need to call to support, than my service code and now it says my apple id...dont know if this is good or not

Back