Contribute
Register
@ joel.bep - I just had another look at your values and realised your mac model s/n maybe wrong as the MacBook Air models Serial Numbers begins with CK and not C0. If you've used Clover Configurator, It looks like you've accepted the first s/n offered up. In Clover Configurator, you must shake the 'Week of Manufacture Button' a few times (aim for a number between 30 to 40) and then shake the 'Unit Number Button' a few times which will then give you a S/N beginning with CK and not C0. Chameleon Wizard for some reason gets the s/n wrong for the MacBook Air, so its best to use Clover Configurator.

Your SmUUID and ROM are ok to reuse, your MLB and Mac Model S/N needs to be done as these values are wrong - sorry for my initial post, I am in a rush as I am of to work -post back any problems or queries - Good luck.

ok, it was the serial number...now i get the screen when tells me that i need to contact the support team with the costumer code..also i get a message on my iphone that im using my apple id with a new mac.

so what is the next step?

thanks!

ok, it was the serial number...now i get the screen when tells me that i need to contact the support team with the costumer code..also i get a message on my iphone that im using my apple id with a new mac.

so what is the next step?

thanks!

Ok thats a strange series of events - as I understand it, if you get the message that you're using your ID with a new Mac, all should be well and you should be able to log in without the need to call Apple, then you would be sent a 5 digit code to pair your iPhone with your Mac. All I can suggest at this stage is to make the call if you're unable to log in.

Serial Number C02L6754DRVC is valid for a MacBookAir5,2 - everymac.com.

Thanks for the correction P1LGRIM but I am a little confused, Clover Configurator ver 4.22.12 does indeed offer up an initial S/N beginning with C0 for a MacBookAir 5.2 and judged as correct by 'everymac.com' but when you shake 'Week of Manufacture' and then 'Unit Number' button, every S/N after comes up beginning as CK. So is that a bug in Clover Configurator or is the version I quoted outdated.

Ok I think I can answer my own query - Different manufacturing countries hence the C0 and CK prefixes.

Ok I think I can answer my own query - Different manufacturing countries hence the C0 and CK prefixes.

I guess you're right. I never pondered it too much. If the generated serial number passes verification on everymac.com and is not registered to anybody on the Apple site, I know that I can move on to the next stage.

I know for sure that it's asking for trouble if either of those two conditions aren't met.

lol i call to the apple support and they says that my S/N is invalid!!!

where else can i generate a valid number?...chamelon wizard put the s/n with C0 and the clover configurator make it with CK but all the serial numbers that clover makes says invalid on the support page of apple

:(

edit: im in the middle of a fight with a girl lol 45 minutes and counting...i convinced her that its a legal number and she is trying to activate my account :eek:

edit 2: 1hr passed...she is putting the service code over and over and over with no success :(

edit 3: after 1 hour and 15 minutes...she say me that will pass the case to some engineers and they will mail me to help me with the activation in less than 24hrs...is that good or not? jejeje

@bnishii,

As noted above i would also be suspect of your network settings .... Check BSD names and ensure NIC is flagged as built in ... see Chapter 3.2

Cheers
Jay

@Jay , @esafeddie

Thank you for your response!

And, I feel pretty silly for not READING THE WHOLE GUIDE CAREFULLY!! - note to self and others....

Anyway, initially I had not installed any ethernet kexts because clover seemed to get me connected on the lower LAN port (Intel1210) OOB, and as I read Chapter 3, I saw that my NIC's BSD was en0 and therefore skimmed the rest without paying attention to flagging it as 'built in'. I tried doing so using DPCIManager and Clover Configurator after reading your responses, but am unsure as to how to confirm if the flag is successful. (more on that in a second)

Per ESAFEDDIE's pics, I decided to install the AppleIntelE1000e kext and connect to the other LAN port (Intel 1217V) which gave me the 'built in' check box in DPCIManager and BOOM, all of iCloud and iMessages are happy. YAY!~

-BUT-

It turns out when I use Intel 1217, I lose Wake on Lan. Boo!

So I switched back to the other port, and I don't know if it's because I got it to work first on the other port, but now iMessage and WOL work for me. Yay Yay!!

I'm not sure how long this will last though, so I wanted to go over the process of "flagging as built in" for Clover, in case this comes back to haunt me.

This is what I did:

1) Open DCPI Manager and notice that the 'Built In' check box is NOT checked beside the NIC I want to use. (see pic)
2) click on the eye next to '1210' on the left and get the 'device-properties' key as well as the 'string' that goes with it. (see pic)
3) In Clover Configurator, I open the Devices pane and under "Add Properties", I add the above 'Key' and 'Value' of 'String'.

Question: What do I put in the 'Device' field in Clover Configurator? I lifted the 'Device' number of the desired NIC port from the 'PCI List' tab in DPCIManager. (see pic) Is this correct? Should I put in another name for 'Device'? 'en1'? And how do I confirm that the flag is being read by Clover? After I reboot and come back into DPCIManager, should the 'Built In' box be checked if it is successful?

A bit more guidance would be appreciated if you can spare the direction, but I thank you both either way for all the tremendous work.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Built In Flag.png
    Built In Flag.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 125
  • PCI List .png
    PCI List .png
    314.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Configurator.png
    Configurator.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 119

where else can i generate a valid number?...chamelon wizard put the s/n with C0 and the clover configurator make it with CK but all the serial numbers that clover makes says invalid on the support page of apple

edit: im in the middle of a fight with a girl lol 45 minutes and counting...i convinced her that its a legal number and she is trying to activate my account :eek:

edit 2: 1hr passed...she is putting the service code over and over and over with no success :(

edit 3: after 1 hour and 15 minutes...she say me that will pass the case to some engineers and they will mail me to help me with the activation in less than 24hrs...is that good or not? jejeje

Ok - what the tech lady actually meant is that as your unit's S/N is not registered in Apple's data base as one of their own. As long as you followed the documentation in Chapter 4.1 OS X SERIAL NUMBERS (S/N) faithfully, plus using a little moxxy by giving them a real Mac s/n (the internet is washed with them) or saying you must have copied it down wrong and you are not at your p/c at the moment, they would have move away from the argument of the validity of your S/N . Please read the chapter to grasp a full understanding as what to do because I feel you have skipped important steps to enable the functions you're trying to get - Good Luck.

@ bnishii - The best approach I found was to disable the Intel Ethernet Network Connection i217 in the BIOS, Clover then uses the available I210 Network Connection which shows as builtin and assigns it automatically without the need to add the device string in properties. Having the two Network Cards enabled can and will cause connection problems from time to time.

I'm curious if you heard back from them or not. I'm in a similar situation. Was on the phone for an extended time and they reset my acct (or whatever it is they're doing on their end) using the customer code multiple times, but facetime throws the same customer code at me every time.

My specs are staying consistent in imessage debug across reboots, and I followed this guide to generate serial, ROM, MLB and UUID. My BSD names are in order (en0 for ethernet, en1 for the wifi I'm using). I even gave the support supervisor my clover generated serial number (had no option as I was sharing the screen with him and he asked to verify it) and he looked it up and said it was valid for my hardware even though the previous guy had made an issue of not finding it registered.

I was told to create a second Apple ID to narrow down if it was an account issue or a hardware issue. I told him I would this weekend and let him know. After the call, I tried with a second Apple ID from a test user account on my machine and got a customer code (different number).

So the problem doesn't seem to be with my account, but rather with the way I have my system set up.

Kind of at a loss here.

Ok - what the tech lady actually meant is that as your unit's S/N is not registered in Apple's data base as one of their own. As long as you followed the documentation in Chapter 4.1 OS X SERIAL NUMBERS (S/N) faithfully, plus using a little moxxy by giving them a real Mac s/n (the internet is washed with them) or saying you must have copied it down wrong and you are not at your p/c at the moment, they would have move away from the argument of the validity of your S/N . Please read the chapter to grasp a full understanding as what to do because I feel you have skipped important steps to enable the functions you're trying to get - Good Luck.

i read all the chapter again...im shure that the S/n that i used is correct, its valid and its not registred in apple's database.

lets see what the engineers can do :|

Back