Contribute
Register
Changed my AppleID password yesterday and now when trying to login, with an app specific password due to two factor authentication, I'm getting the customer code.

I'll go through the guide to check that all is still as it should and see if there's any info since the last time I did all the guide.

Just wanted to say thanks for writing the guide. After an entire day of screwing around fixing things and getting nowhere I opted to just finally re-install using Clover. Now everything working perfectly!

Just wanted to say thanks for writing the guide. After an entire day of screwing around fixing things and getting nowhere I opted to just finally re-install using Clover. Now everything working perfectly!

Thanks for the feed back and happy to know you're up and running - I don't know why this is but I have been personally involved in setting up rigs trying to get iMsg/F-Time to function specially on a Clover install and no matter what fix was applied, the outcome was always failure.

In sheer desperation, a complete wipe of the Drive (Yosemite Reinstall) and start over using the 'Alternate ROM Method' always gives me 100% success of getting iMsg and F/Time working without the need to call Apple - I have a theory that the failures of getting it to work with Clover fails because either the system is not loading the FileNVRAM correctly or its corrupted and a reinstall corrects the fault, most will shy away from this fix because it is time consuming, but if you've exhausted every possible fix and is constantly plagued by the need to call Apple with no end results, then I suggest just wipe the Hard Drive and start again and use the 'Alternate ROM Method'.

Changed my AppleID password yesterday and now when trying to login, with an app specific password due to two factor authentication, I'm getting the customer code.

I'll go through the guide to check that all is still as it should and see if there's any info since the last time I did all the guide.

Run iMsg debugger and check values.

Had iMessage working no problem for months. Just logged on to this:
Your Apple ID "xxxx" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time. If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.

Customer Code XXX

I really do not know what happened here. :/ Running Clover 10.10.3

Had iMessage working no problem for months. Just logged on to this:

I really do not know what happened here. :/ Running Clover 10.10.3

Try 'Repair Permissions' reboot and try again - If still the same run iMsg debugger to see if any changes has occurred - Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by esafeddie View Post
Make sure your p/c is not connected to the internet then delete all the folders as directed.

I have not connected to internet from Hackintosh for quite some time, but for checking last time regarding login nature of iCloud. I did all deletions when not connected to internet only. Still ichat and icloud prefixed ones reappear. Also imagent and identityserviced are not getting stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymonkey View Post
@lvgandhi,

'imagent' should not be running as long as you have logged out of iMessage (on hack) and iMessage app is closed .... sometimes it is necessary to try two or three times ....

Cheers
Jay

I am already logged out of iMessage, iCloud and face time. Still imagent and imessageserviced are running and not getting stopped out. I did deletion of caches and preferences in the order mentioned in the guide and rebooted in single user mode to delete them. Then after booting emptied trash. But I find them again. Then when I try to close or force close those services imagent and identityserviced are not getting closed.
I am at loss to understand what to do? Any solutions, Please?

When I first built my hack I was able to login right away after contacting customer support. Something happened last night (got the code today). I called and they said it was unlocked but I still couldn't login. Apple said it could take 24 hours for the unlock to work. We'll see. Other users (my wife and kids) accounts and iMessage works. Just not mine.

Created a new identity following the guide, starting by deleting the cache and preference files. But at the end got the customer code when logging in.

The previous identity I had was working since last year (except during the november-february period during the "blackout") until yesterday didn't have the proper suffix in the S/N matching the model type, but the one I created today does. Still, the identity was working fine until I changed my password yesterday May 30 at 17:15 GMT.

Seeing that others are getting the customer code too and even have trouble after calling, there may be something going on and I'll wait before I call.

Fun fact: iMessage worked again the 15th of February, if the news archive it's right in the first page. 104 days until May 30.
Has there been an unusual increase in people getting the customer code message after May 26th? 100 days after the 15 of Feb'.

Back