Contribute
Register
After going through the fix iMessage guide three times I finally got iMessage to work. Today however, I got: "Your message could not be sent. 1-714-xxx-xx20 is not registered with iMessage." The mentioned phone number works on all my other idevices.

I signed off and on but it didn't work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

NEW INFO:

I don't remember if it was like this yesterday but today when I right click on the iMessage icon it gives my "Status" as "Offline" and I can't change it.

@Jay : Just to confirm what you said in your updated tutorial, I did set up a new laptop as a MacBook Pro, carefully following your instructions (tried to make sure the MLB was as close as possible to the real pattern) and everything is up and running without even the need to call Apple just like I needed back in November 2014. Thanks again!

@Jay : Just to confirm what you said in your updated tutorial, I did set up a new laptop as a MacBook Pro, carefully following your instructions (tried to make sure the MLB was as close as possible to the real pattern) and everything is up and running without even the need to call Apple just like I needed back in November 2014. Thanks again!

Nice feed back - will give hope to others still struggling and proving once again, there's no magic to apply just read and follow the Guide as close as possible.

I built my first hackintosh in November. Since then, I've been checking back for updates on this guide hoping that I'd be able to get iMessage to work someday. Monday night, I checked back and saw that users were able to start using iMessage again. So, I started following through the guide and trying the listed techniques. I'm not sure if I actually made progress or not, but I was never able to log into iMessage for more than a split second before being kicked out, which a linked post in the guide indicated was an MLB/ROM authentication error. I tried updating my MLB and ROM values (which I have never updated) and totally flamed out - boot failed with a common error about missing bluetooth devices. I ended up having to pull my hard drive and replace config.plist with a backup I had thankfully saved before updating MLB and ROM values. After getting my system back up and running, still no iMessage for more than a split second.

This morning, I decided to read some of the posts at the end of the thread to see if there had been any new breakthroughs. I noticed a user a few pages back had been able to log in this week after making no changes, so I decided to try my luck. I logged in. I'm in. I haven't been kicked out. Initially, messaging didn't work at all, even though I was logged in, although I did receive an email from Apple that I had logged into iMessage from a new device. I tried a restart for kicks and giggles. After restart, I was asked to enter a code on my iPhone and SMS messages (nobody shows up as being an iMessage user) now show up in the conversations on my phone, but the recipient doesn't get the message. Anyways, logging in is progress. Maybe when I get home from work, everything will magically fully function.

I'm thinking that clearing all the iCloud caches might be a good next step when I get home, but for now, I'm way late to work because I was so excited I just spent 30 minutes I didn't have playing around.

I have been unable to get imessage to work since Apple instituted the stronger authentication back in Nov. or Dec. of 2014. I have read the guide many times and tried many of the things from that toolbox. I have finally decided to try Clover to see if I can get at imessage that way. Here is my question before I start. My old SMBIOS has always been for MacPro 3,1. My actual hardware is in fact more closely associated with MacPro 4,1 or MacPro 5,1. I have a 1366 MB (GA EX58 UD3R rev 1.6) and a Xeon 5650 CPU with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU. Moving from Chimera to Clover it has been suggested to keep the same serial number and all other things like ROM, MLB, & other unique identifiers the same so Apple does not black list because of it not matching what it formerly was. My question is, should I stay with 3,1 or is it more important to go with 4,1 or 5,1 which better matches the system? Also, if I go to MacPro 4,1 or 5,1 can I keep the same serial number I've used in MacPro 3,1?

BTW, I think my issue relates to the SmUUID (SystemID) and the SId Bug. That may mean that Apple has no identifiers yet to compare against my UUID. Maybe that makes changing SMBIOS as mentioned above an easier choice???

I have been unable to get imessage to work since Apple instituted the stronger authentication back in Nov. or Dec. of 2014. I have read the guide many times and tried many of the things from that toolbox. I have finally decided to try Clover to see if I can get at imessage that way. Here is my question before I start. My old SMBIOS has always been for MacPro 3,1. My actual hardware is in fact more closely associated with MacPro 4,1 or MacPro 5,1. I have a 1366 MB (GA EX58 UD3R rev 1.6) and a Xeon 5650 CPU with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU. Moving from Chimera to Clover it has been suggested to keep the same serial number and all other things like ROM, MLB, & other unique identifiers the same so Apple does not black list because of it not matching what it formerly was. My question is, should I stay with 3,1 or is it more important to go with 4,1 or 5,1 which better matches the system? Also, if I go to MacPro 4,1 or 5,1 can I keep the same serial number I've used in MacPro 3,1?

BTW, I think my issue relates to the SmUUID (SystemID) and the SId Bug. That may mean that Apple has no identifiers yet to compare against my UUID. Maybe that makes changing SMBIOS as mentioned above an easier choice???

The general consensus is once your Hack have working values, you should keep them for the life of that Hack.

On a personal note this is what I would do:-
1. Make a note of all values of the Mac pro 3.1 (Serial Number, SmUUID, Board Serial Number, ROM, MLB etc) just incase you run into problems and want to switch back - Better still Clone the Disk.

2. Sign out of iCloud Services, De-authourise this Mac in iTunes and App Store.

3. Disconnect from internet and if you want to be more thorough, clear out iMsg and F/Time folder caches and reboot.

4. Still off line create a new System ID closer to your Specs (Serial Number, SmUUID, Board Serial Number, Rom, MLB etc) - Mac Pro5.1 or even newer - The reason for this, you will receive the correct updates for your Mac model from Apple.

5. After inputting all the new values - 'Repair Disk Permissions' - reboot, still off line run iMsg Debugger a few times between reboots to insure values are not changing.

If all checks out reconnect and log into all Apple Services - Remember to Authorise the new MacPro in iTunes and App Store.

By the way - Solid Board takes everything thrown at it - Post back if you make the change - Good Luck.

The general consensus is once your Hack have working values, you should keep them for the life of that Hack.

On a personal note this is what I would do:-
1. Make a note of all values of the Mac pro 3.1 (Serial Number, SmUUID, Board Serial Number, ROM, MLB etc) just incase you run into problems and want to switch back - Better still Clone the Disk.

2. Sign out of iCloud Services, De-authourise this Mac in iTunes and App Store.

3. Disconnect from internet and if you want to be more thorough, clear out iMsg and F/Time folder caches and reboot.

4. Still off line create a new System ID closer to your Specs (Serial Number, SmUUID, Board Serial Number, Rom, MLB etc) - Mac Pro5.1 or even newer - The reason for this, you will receive the correct updates for your Mac model from Apple.

5. After inputting all the new values - 'Repair Disk Permissions' - reboot, still off line run iMsg Debugger a few times between reboots to insure values are not changing.

If all checks out reconnect and log into all Apple Services - Remember to Authorise the new MacPro in iTunes and App Store.

By the way - Solid Board takes everything thrown at it - Post back if you make the change - Good Luck.

@esafeddie, thanks for the advice. Before I get started I wanted to clarify a couple things. I should have mentioned in my first post that I am currently on Mavericks (with Chimera) but I am installing Yosemite now that I'm going to Clover as my boot loader. This will be on a seperate drive from Mavericks. Mavericks will remain as it is. Does that offer any complication to the process you've already described? Also, in the past I have taken my time moving from one OSX to the next to gain more experience before completely switching. After reading some of your cautions regarding removing cache files and staying unconnected to the internet, I am wondering if having and booting to both the Mavericks & the Yosemite OS's might present some issues especially as it relates to imessage? Any thoughts before I begin?

@esafeddie, thanks for the advice. Before I get started I wanted to clarify a couple things. I should have mentioned in my first post that I am currently on Mavericks (with Chimera) but I am installing Yosemite now that I'm going to Clover as my boot loader. This will be on a seperate drive from Mavericks. Mavericks will remain as it is. Does that offer any complication to the process you've already described? Also, in the past I have taken my time moving from one OSX to the next to gain more experience before completely switching. After reading some of your cautions regarding removing cache files and staying unconnected to the internet, I am wondering if having and booting to both the Mavericks & the Yosemite OS's might present some issues especially as it relates to imessage? Any thoughts before I begin?

In answer to your question - I have got a copy of Mavericks Running on the same Machine as Yosemite as well as Win8.1Pro (Tripple Booting) running all Apple Services on both Yos & Mav. I found that some times when I boot into Yos after playing around in Mavericks, I have to reset the 'Keychain' in Yosemite for every thing which is a bind at the best of times.

To combat this, I no longer use any iCloud Services on Mavericks just internet - whether having both OS X systems operating on the same board caused the call for a Keychain reset (sometimes) I don't know, it could be something else but I no longer suffer with that problem and besides I only use Maverick to store my movies as its on a 1TB Drive and Yosemite is on a SSD 250 MB Drive. Hope this helps - what ever decision you make, Good Luck.

I built my first hackintosh in November. Since then, I've been checking back for updates on this guide hoping that I'd be able to get iMessage to work someday. Monday night, I checked back and saw that users were able to start using iMessage again. So, I started following through the guide and trying the listed techniques. I'm not sure if I actually made progress or not, but I was never able to log into iMessage for more than a split second before being kicked out, which a linked post in the guide indicated was an MLB/ROM authentication error. I tried updating my MLB and ROM values (which I have never updated) and totally flamed out - boot failed with a common error about missing bluetooth devices. I ended up having to pull my hard drive and replace config.plist with a backup I had thankfully saved before updating MLB and ROM values. After getting my system back up and running, still no iMessage for more than a split second.

This morning, I decided to read some of the posts at the end of the thread to see if there had been any new breakthroughs. I noticed a user a few pages back had been able to log in this week after making no changes, so I decided to try my luck. I logged in. I'm in. I haven't been kicked out. Initially, messaging didn't work at all, even though I was logged in, although I did receive an email from Apple that I had logged into iMessage from a new device. I tried a restart for kicks and giggles. After restart, I was asked to enter a code on my iPhone and SMS messages (nobody shows up as being an iMessage user) now show up in the conversations on my phone, but the recipient doesn't get the message. Anyways, logging in is progress. Maybe when I get home from work, everything will magically fully function.

I'm thinking that clearing all the iCloud caches might be a good next step when I get home, but for now, I'm way late to work because I was so excited I just spent 30 minutes I didn't have playing around.

Just wanted to throw out an update. BTW, I'm running Yosemite using Clover.

SMS messages actually were going through, but they were only showing up on phones, not iPads.

At some point during the day, iMessages started more or less working (but now SMSes really don't work, it tries to only do iMessages). When I got home, most of the messages I had sent and received throughout the day showed up on my computer. However, some random iMessage users do not work. When starting a new message from iMessages, it says that they are not registered as an iMessage user. I can still message them from my iPhone or iPad. I've done at least 3 restarts and cleared all the caches with no apparent changes in functionality. Weird, but this is still a vast improvement over no iMessages.

Just wanted to throw out an update.....iMessages started more or less working (but now SMSes really don't work, it tries to only do iMessages). ...... Weird, but this is still a vast improvement over no iMessages.

@iSam2k,

Thanks for posting your feedback ....Very odd how some of you seem to be getting in to this state of iMessage sort of working but not fully .... i haven't seen the issue my self, I only have iPhone4/IOS7 so not sure if an issue with Yosemite/IOS8 when using continuity features (SMS & CALL) ..... There are numerous reports of similar behaviour happening to users with genuine Mac's on the Apple forums so this my not be related to hachkingtosh / iMessage activation.

Try creating a new OS X user account & connect to iCloud using your existing AppleID and see if it's any better, if not try creating temporary new AppleID see if iMessage works as expected ... if yes then issue maybe to do with your AppleID..

Cheers
Jay

Back