Contribute
Register
@ siddsimac - (Even My Serial is registered to Apple) - I hope this is not a genuine Mac Serial and its one you generated because if its a real Apple Serial, you are creating a mis-match with the other values you generated and it will show up as such on the Apple Servers. All your Hack's values should be generated by you.

There is a chance that a Serial number you generate with either Chameleon Wizard or with Clover's Magic Wand will just happened to be a genuine one when you check on Apples Self Serve site, if it checks out as genuine DO NOT use it. Generate a Serial that conforms to Apples's Serial pattern but not registered - see the GUIDE on this. Good Luck.

@ siddsimac - (Even My Serial is registered to Apple) - I hope this is not a genuine Mac Serial and its one you generated because if its a real Apple Serial, you are creating a mis-match with the other values you generated and it will show up as such on the Apple Servers. All your Hack's values should be generated by you.

There is a chance that a Serial number you generate with either Chameleon Wizard or with Clover's Magic Wand will just happened to be a genuine one when you check on Apples Self Serve site, if it checks out as genuine DO NOT use it. Generate a Serial that conforms to Apples's Serial pattern but not registered - see the GUIDE on this. Good Luck.

The Serial wic m using was valid but not registered so i registered it :)
so is it ok !
Coz I've linked it to mu accounts :p

The Serial wic m using was valid but not registered so i registered it :)
so is it ok !
Coz I've linked it to mu accounts :p

I've been over your past posts trying to pinpoint your problem and the only conclusion I can come up with, if all your values conforms to the standard as advised in the GUIDE, then your values needs to be white listed by Apple with a phone call.

My Experience with Apple

wen i called apple der was lady n v greeted each other

Apple: she asked me name , Call back No. n my SL !
Me: i gave her Name CallBack No. n 10 dgt no.(Randomly SL) n she was able to identify n told me Model MBP Retina - i was like yes, i dont how ! :D

Apple: she asked me my Apple ID.
Me: i gaved her

Apple: she asked me Issue !
Me: so i told her i m not able to use FaceTime n iMessage.

Apple: she asked my Customer Code !
Me: i gave her the code.

Apple: she told me i have activated ID n to reboot n to check iMessage.
Me: i did n still was not working n i told her

Apple: she asked did no. change
Me: i told her yes n i gaved her.

Apple: she told me to login in apple ID n generate the Temporary Pin
Me: so i gave her the pin.

Apple: she told me I’ve Validated ID n to check again
Me: it still was not working

Apple:she handed back to expert
He verified my ID n asked all other details from lady n told me to check again.
Me: No Error during activation (I think at this time Network was down but i didn’t know)

Apple: he told me do Screen sharing -
Me: i told him i have slow speed

Apple: he was asking SL, OS, Network Speed, then he said OK
Me: i didn’t tell him anything n he said its OK(i thinks she gaved her SL as they ver having some chat)

Apple: he told me to switch Network to high speed n also for some other reason -
Me: i told ok ill call him tom with diff network.

Apple: he gaved me case ID n greeted me.

Then v thanked each other n thats it.

Conversation was of 1hr. n still my network was down :(

Happy to Help :)

@wingc3 , that is exactly the situation I am stuck in. One Apple tech suggested that I reinstall the OS. I haven't tried that yet. Also - for me, the problematic Apple ID works fine on my iOS devices and genuine macs. It's the combination of that Apple ID and my hack. My second Apple ID works fine with iMessage on my hack.

Interesting. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Someone else also mentioned that it worked on their guest account, but not their main account.
So clearly there is an element to how this all works that goes beyonds the MLB, ROM, and S/N stuff.
Either the OS account or the AppleID itself is involved.
Would love to see someone in the community with more expertise than us look into this.

My Experience with Apple

wen i called apple der was lady n v greeted each other

Apple: she asked me name , Call back No. n my SL !
Me: i gave her Name CallBack No. n 10 dgt no.(Randomly SL) n she was able to identify n told me Model MBP Retina - i was like yes, i dont how ! :D

Apple: she asked me my Apple ID.
Me: i gaved her

Apple: she asked me Issue !
Me: so i told her i m not able to use FaceTime n iMessage.

Apple: she asked my Customer Code !
Me: i gave her the code.

Apple: she told me i have activated ID n to reboot n to check iMessage.
Me: i did n still was not working n i told her

Apple: she asked did no. change
Me: i told her yes n i gaved her.

Apple: she told me to login in apple ID n generate the Temporary Pin
Me: so i gave her the pin.

Apple: she told me I’ve Validated ID n to check again
Me: it still was not working

Apple:she handed back to expert
He verified my ID n asked all other details from lady n told me to check again.
Me: No Error during activation (I think at this time Network was down but i didn’t know)

Apple: he told me do Screen sharing -
Me: i told him i have slow speed

Apple: he was asking SL, OS, Network Speed, then he said OK
Me: i didn’t tell him anything n he said its OK(i thinks she gaved her SL as they ver having some chat)

Apple: he told me to switch Network to high speed n also for some other reason -
Me: i told ok ill call him tom with diff network.

Apple: he gaved me case ID n greeted me.

Then v thanked each other n thats it.

Conversation was of 1hr. n still my network was down :(

Happy to Help :)

You mentioned that the number changed. That number is a checksum based on your MLB and ROM values. If it changed, then your NVRAM setup is not correct, and iMessage will NOT work. If you are using chimera, consider switching to clover. Calling Apple again will not resolve the issue.

scram69 said:
I'm using the system UUID, MLB, and ROM from an older mini (4,1) that will never connect to the internet. I'm using Chameleon 2377 and FileNVRAM.dylib and have successfully generated a nvram.UUID.plist with matching UUID file following section 6.2. I have injected the MLB and ROM, and iMessage Debug reports all valid values from the mac mini.

I have verified using DCPIManager that my network interfaces are numbered in order (wired=en0, wireless=en1) and en0 indicates "builtin".

I have followed section 3.3 to reset iMessage Configuration files.

However, I am still unable to register iMessage, receiving the following error:

localhost identityservicesd[200]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x7fa2b042fea0): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: Macmini4,1] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] ... [Heartbeat Date: (null)] (Error: 29)

I get this error for the cloned mac mini using multiple different AppleID's that register iMessage successfully on both real macs and other hackin(g)goshes.

You know at this point there's really no need what so ever to used cloned values owned by you or otherwise. With a bit of reading and research, you can have working values unique to your Hack for the life of it and beyond. Cloning values was a short stop and desperate method that caused lock outs (as predicted) and continues to cause all sorts of logging in problems to some Apple Services. Exercise the old grey matter give it a try, Generate your Hack's values it is not that difficult and if you run into any hick-ups, there are many here only willing to help you out apart from the extensive and informative Guide by Jay - Good Luck.

Fair enough - I generated a new S/N using Chameleon Wizard for a system type with similar hardware, which I checked against apple's database (no match). I generated a new UUID and injected it, creating a new, matching nvram.UUID.plist. I used the S/N + 5 random characters for the MLB and the last 6 bits of the UUID for the ROM, and injected those. Everything looked good in iMessageDebug.

Once again, I followed section 3.3 to reset iMessage Configuration files.

Still, the same error message: "Error:29"

Fair enough - I generated a new S/N using Chameleon Wizard for a system type with similar hardware, which I checked against apple's database (no match). I generated a new UUID and injected it, creating a new, matching nvram.UUID.plist. I used the S/N + 5 random characters for the MLB and the last 6 bits of the UUID for the ROM, and injected those. Everything looked good in iMessageDebug.

Once again, I followed section 3.3 to reset iMessage Configuration files.

Still, the same error message: "Error:29"

Are you getting the 'Call Customer Services' with a Code popup?

Are you getting the 'Call Customer Services' with a Code popup?

No - that only comes up if I incorrectly inject MLB or ROM.

All I get is:
"Could not sign in to iMessage.
An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Back