Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I need some help please. Does anyone have a suggestion for ways de debug an invalid ROM & Board Serial Number? iMessageDebugV2 reports a failed ROM and BoardSerialNumber. I followed the guide with a Designare Xtreme and Mojave 10.14.6, using iMac 19,1 and I get "failed" for both of these. I've also gone through the steps for fixing iMessage. Do any of you have suggestions for debugging this to figure out why the ROM & Board Serial Number come back as failed? Also, the data in the last 2 lines reported by iMessageDebugV2 are all zeros. Maybe that is a useful clue to someone.
Assuming that your config.plist is correct then these symptoms point to a lack of native NVRAM support or an emulation of it.

Motherboard
ASUS X99-E WS
CPU
E5-2697 V3 14-core
Graphics
GTX 760 2GB
Does anyone know what the "unknown error" corresponds to when attempting to sign into iCloud? I assume some other plist needs to be trashed.

On my current install iMessage/FT/iCloud work on the new account I created during installation, but an account that I imported via Migration Assistant gets an "unknown error" when attempting to sign in.

All necessary serials and UUIDs are being injected, persist through reboot, and work fine on the other user account.

So far I've trashed all plists in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, plus the affected user account's keychain, as well as /Library/ApplicationData/iCloud.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Prime A II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there,

I have a strange behaviour on my desktop machine: My Broadcom PCI card works OOB, and it has always worked so since it came more than 5 years ago; iMessage is working properly, MLB and ROM are ok, S/N is OK too, UUIDGEN, NVRAM and all the other stuff are OK, and I'm on iMacPro 1,1 sysdef. FaceTime is working when I make an audio/video FaceTime call, but when I make a normal phone call, it drops all the calls, I really don't know where to look at to fix the problem...

I tried the same phone call with my MBP it works perfectly so I don't think my iPhone can be the culprit, HandOff is ON on all my devices.... any hints?

CONTINUITY
WIFI+ETH
ETH
WIFI
GSM call X GSM call Y GSM call Y
GSM call: redirect from iPhone to Mac X GSM call: redirect from iPhone to Mac Y GSM call: redirect from iPhone to Mac Y
FaceTime audio: redirect from iPhone to Mac X FaceTime audio: redirect from iPhone to Mac Y FaceTime audio: redirect from iPhone to Mac Y
FaceTime audio: redirect from Mac to iPhone X FaceTime audio: redirect from Mac to iPhone Y FaceTime audio: redirect from Mac to iPhone Y

Last edited:
Motherboard
VAIO SVE14A25CVH Laptop
CPU
i5 3210m 2.5 Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7670
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Can confirm this procedure still works on latest Catalina 10.15.4.
I use Catalina 15.4 with clover rn and you have to do everything that is given in this guide, I still get problem with the iMessage keep telling me to contact apple with the customer code thing.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 14.32.26.png

But now I already solved this by following the guide no.8 for contacting apple support. So if you've done everything but still getting those customer code message just try contacting apple support. now u don't need to call because they have a live chat feature, thought this would be easier for everyone. thanks to ⇩⇩. and I now have a working iMessage and FaceTime. Thank you very much!!

How to Fix iMessage

Chapter: 8 - Contacting Apple Support

Last edited:

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@innosensius,

Glad you found the guide helpful and your up and running.
The process outlined in Chapter 8 has changed a bit since i wrote the guide.
I really should try and find the time to update it to use the live chat method.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
skylake
CPU
2.21ghz
Graphics
HD540 Intel
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi how can I contact the live chat ??

Motherboard
skylake
CPU
2.21ghz
Graphics
HD540 Intel
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I use Catalina 15.4 with clover rn and you have to do everything that is given in this guide, I still get problem with the iMessage keep telling me to contact apple with the customer code thing.

View attachment 467879
But now I already solved this by following the guide no.8 for contacting apple support. So if you've done everything but still getting those customer code message just try contacting apple support. now u don't need to call because they have a live chat feature, thought this would be easier for everyone. thanks to ⇩⇩. and I now have a working iMessage and FaceTime. Thank you very much!!
Hi! How can I contact the live chat???? I receive an error 403 forbidden when trying to access get support.apple... :(

Motherboard
VAIO SVE14A25CVH Laptop
CPU
i5 3210m 2.5 Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7670
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi! How can I contact the live chat???? I receive an error 403 forbidden when trying to access get support.apple... :(
go to support https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region
choose your country
go to get support, it will be like this. it maybe different per country but it always says tell us how we can helo
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 19.52.27.png

Choose apple id
choose other apple id topics
choose the problem is not listed
type message and it shoould appear like this
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 19.55.36.png

choose the messages and apple id
there will be options for you, you want the support to call you or you want to live chat.

Motherboard
skylake
CPU
2.21ghz
Graphics
HD540 Intel
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
go to support https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region
choose your country
go to get support, it will be like this. it maybe different per country but it always says tell us how we can helo
View attachment 468568
Choose apple id
choose other apple id topics
choose the problem is not listed
type message and it shoould appear like thisView attachment 468572
choose the messages and apple id
there will be options for you, you want the support to call you or you want to live chat.
Thanks for the reply!. The problem is that I get a forbidden error 403 when trying to get the support :). No way to contact them :(