Contribute
Register
I hope an easy question.

If I have a working hackintosh with serial etc that has been tested working, can I use those same numbers on a clean install. The same hardware, except a replacement HD and a clean macOS install in order to do some testing. Can I copy the relevant clover section across to the clean install or is that asking for trouble somewhere? The clean install has so far been kept offline.

I hope an easy question.

If I have a working hackintosh with serial etc that has been tested working, can I use those same numbers on a clean install. The same hardware, except a replacement HD and a clean macOS install in order to do some testing. Can I copy the relevant clover section across to the clean install or is that asking for trouble somewhere? The clean install has so far been kept offline.

Yes :thumbup:

I"m not sure where to start to fix mine. Messages sort of works.

I get some messages in iMessage, some in sms. When I try sending some messages, they go as sms, sometimes they go as iMessage.

If I send a test to myself for example, they work fine as iMessage and come on my phone & iPad. If I send to another iPhone, it tries sms, then fails. But if someone messages me, I get it and can reply.

My machine shows up in iCloud properly. Air drop & everything else works.

Any ideas where to start?

I"m not sure where to start to fix mine. Messages sort of works.

I get some messages in iMessage, some in sms. When I try sending some messages, they go as sms, sometimes they go as iMessage.

If I send a test to myself for example, they work fine as iMessage and come on my phone & iPad. If I send to another iPhone, it tries sms, then fails. But if someone messages me, I get it and can reply.

My machine shows up in iCloud properly. Air drop & everything else works.

Any ideas where to start?

Your problem seems to be a slight synchronisation glitch between your devices. Logging out from iCloud usually corrects the problem.

Again and again try to fix iMessage, but no luck. NVRAM works, iMessage debug gives identical results after each reboot. where is the problem? wi-fi Broadcom BCM94360CD (ethernet en0), Imac 18,2 in SMBIOS, HS 10.13.4

I already did it and even tried to launch it with new Apple ID. I did everything after a clean installation HS, no luck. Any ideas?

after a lot of attempt, , following available tutorials about clover/smbios (correct serial number, rom and mlb), i only get it working setting SIP to 0x63 instead of 0x67...hope this will help ..

I've had a hackintosh for a couple of years and never got iMessage to work. Just tried tonight and it worked for the first time. I haven't made any changes except for regular MacOS updates and NUC updates from Rehabman. Hey ho lets hope it stays working.

Anyone else having problems getting Messages in iCloud to work (macOS 10.13.5)? New messages works fine (iMessage/SMS), but it's not downloading old messages from iCloud. Says "Downloading Messages from iCloud..." for several hours without anything downloaded. Tried logging out, re-syncing, de-activate iCloud sync - 5-6 times, still same issue.

Back