Contribute
Register
I can confirm that I've also been experiencing similar issues. I've done multiple builds and although do understand how easy it is to mess up iMessage, I'm pretty sure I've gotten it down. I've rechecked all my values, and handled all fresh generations as clean as possible.

Two different hacks refuse to activate iMessage on new (2017/2016) accounts, where I can sign in with my older account (date unknown) on them without issue.

There must be something going on with new accounts. I currently have a ticket open with Apple, and plan to ask them to close it upon reading this thread through.

Last edited:
I can confirm that I've also been experiencing similar issues. I've done multiple builds and although do understand how easy it is to mess up iMessage, I'm pretty sure I've gotten it down. I've rechecked all my values, and handled all fresh generations as clean as possible.

Two different hacks refuse to activate iMessage on new (2017/2016) accounts, where I can sign in with my older account (date unknown) on them without issue.

There must be something going on with new accounts. I currently have a ticket open with Apple, and plan to ask them to close it upon reading this thread through.

I think you should keep that ticket open for now, I'd like to see Apple's response to it.

Not to blow my own horn but this is something that I long ago suspected and voiced in the forum quite a few posts ago. This iMsg hitch came about after the security breach in iCloud where hackers infiltrated several accounts some belonging to well known patrons. The 'Two Step Verification' security process was introduced and implemented, the procedure of checking S/N's on Apple's data base was also changed so on and so on.

New builds coupled with new Apple IDs has an almost zero chance of a successful iMsg logon whereas old established IDs has a higher success rate. As I've stated before, Apple is aware of the hackintosh community and I don't think it would be prudent to ban our machines all together but restrict us from certain services. Why do I say that - I built and run two rigs, I also have a large movie collection bought from the App Store plus other Apple software bought over the years and I am quite positive I am not alone here.

Although we are running hacks, we are also a large financial source for them, just see the many posts that can't access iMsg/F-Time servers especially new builds and new IDs but can logon to App Store, iTunes and iCloud but blocked from iMsg/F-Time - Weird yes I know but I think it is a form of culling the amount of Hacks let loose onto their servers.
I have said this also, if you are confident that you have done every thing possible to insure a successful iMsg/F-Time logon, don't repeatedly keep changing values and bombarding the servers with numerous attempts that keeps throwing up the 'Customer Code' just leave off and resist the attempt to logon at every boot up.

There are a few who reported after getting the Code and making the call then told there is no problem at Apple's end and still was having a problem, found several months later iMsg suddenly started to work, so are they running some kind of lottery? - Pure speculation on my part only those in the know has the answer. It was a lot easier back in the day, old IDs new IDs all the same just the NvRam problem to sort out, once that was done, (chameleon bootloader) piece of cake compared to now.

I think you should keep that ticket open for now, I'd like to see Apple's response to it.

I didn't see your post when I spoke to my support agent last night, but I told her it may be something related to the dates the accounts were created, and some kind of lockout mechanism. Shes known I was working on a hack, but helped anyway. She said if we manage to get it figured out, she'd like me to mail her personally with what we discover. She got me back into an iCloud account created in 2012, so I have some testing to do.

I didn't see your post when I spoke to my support agent last night, but I told her it may be something related to the dates the accounts were created, and some kind of lockout mechanism. Shes known I was working on a hack, but helped anyway. She said if we manage to get it figured out, she'd like me to mail her personally with what we discover. She got me back into an iCloud account created in 2012, so I have some testing to do.

I stumbled upon some post on ****** where guy wrote that he called support and they wasn't able to get that account to work, but he also wrote that he created new account and linked his PayPal to that account and that that account works.

I asked my friend (his account works on my machine) if he has or had PayPal or credit card linked to his account. He told me that he had US credit card linked to his account some time ago. I have my non US credit card linked to my account.

Is it possible that accounts with linked US PayPal or credit card works no matter when they are created?

Can someone with US PayPal or CC can try to create new account, link one of them and tell us if it works on hacks or not?

Hey people, I've read up the last couple of pages. I hate to throw this in there, but I'm experiencing the same thing. My account dates back to 2010, but it will not login to iMessage. I tried my brothers account, which is from 2016, and he is able to login successfully.

Edit: I'm just going to add on that I've tried adding a Canadian PP and Canadian CC, but to no avail. My brother's account has no payment method.

Last edited:
I stumbled upon some post on ****** where guy wrote that he called support and they wasn't able to get that account to work, but he also wrote that he created new account and linked his PayPal to that account and that that account works.

I asked my friend (his account works on my machine) if he has or had PayPal or credit card linked to his account. He told me that he had US credit card linked to his account some time ago. I have my non US credit card linked to my account.

Is it possible that accounts with linked US PayPal or credit card works no matter when they are created?

Can someone with US PayPal or CC can try to create new account, link one of them and tell us if it works on hacks or not?

No dice, I registered a new account using a US credit card to no avail, Facetime and Messages refused to activate.

Hey people, I've read up the last couple of pages. I hate to throw this in there, but I'm experiencing the same thing. My account dates back to 2010, but it will not login to iMessage. I tried my brothers account, which is from 2016, and he is able to login successfully.

Edit: I'm just going to add on that I've tried adding a Canadian PP and Canadian CC, but to no avail. My brother's account has no payment method.

Could you give me some more info on that? Are you using a valid MLB and ROM from a existing Mac registered to you or generated serials? What kind of error message is displayed?

I finally got it working after a friend/colleague at work gaved me his macbookpro id's since he works as a DJ and never uses any single apple services.

I only used his MLB and ROM and generated my Serial Number & UUID and it worked on first try.

Every ROM value I got so far is completely different. There is nothing in common, except all OUI values belongs to Apple. I have no idea is OUI depends on model, production place or something else.

What are first 3 chars of MLB that you got? C02, C07, C1M or some other?

What is OUI (first 6 chars) of ROM you got? Is it any of those: 7c6df8, 406c8f, or something else? Maybe one of those from this list? http://www.adminsub.net/mac-address-finder/apple

When you tried to change a value, which value did you changed? Do not try to change first 6 chars of ROM (since you will break vendor information), change just last two for example. Just be sure that you using only hex values (00-FF). For MLB you can try to change last two chars to any of those (those are some of valid values for last two chars of MLB): '1H', '1M', 'AD', '1F', 'A8', 'UE', 'JA', 'JC', '8C', 'CB', 'FB', 'A6', 'AL', 'AN', '16', 'A5', 'AH', 'AA', 'AD', 'AK', 'AN', '1W', 'AY', '1A'.

EDIT:

Looks like MLB and ROM are actually registered as a pair, or at least some calculated value based on those two values. Valid MLB and valid ROM that are not registered as a pair doesn't work. I replaced last two chars of MLB and last two chars of ROM with values from other MLB/ROM pair and that doesn't work, even both new values are in valid format. It might be possible to call Apple with a code, and that this will work after registration on their servers as a valid MLB/ROM pair.

I can't be sure, but it is possible that calling Apple with support codes doesn't work if MLB and ROM values are not in valid format. If LAN MAC is used as ROM value (as instructed), that value will have OUI of your LAN card manufacturer. For example I have a Dell laptop and my LAN MAC address starts with 20:47:47, witch is OUI that clearly stats that LAN card is made by Dell.

If someone wants to try to call support and register new unique combination of valid MLB/ROM pair, please send me PM, and I will generate some new, generic (but still valid) values for you.

Last edited:
I am able to RECEIVE iMessages, but if I try to send one it does not deliver and I can only send text messages.

Here is a picture:

pzBfj18.png

So in short, I can receive iMessages and text messages, but I can only send text messages.

However, if I text the person from my iPhone and they text back multiple times, then I can send iMessages to that person only from my Hack.

But after a reboot, I am faced with the same problem. OSX doesn't seem to remember which contacts have iMessage.

I am able to RECEIVE iMessages, but if I try to send one it does not deliver and I can only send text messages.

Here is a picture:

pzBfj18.png

So in short, I can receive iMessages and text messages, but I can only send text messages.

However, if I text the person from my iPhone and they text back multiple times, then I can send iMessages to that person only from my Hack.

But after a reboot, I am faced with the same problem. OSX doesn't seem to remember which contacts have iMessage.

You have a sync problem between your iPhone and Hack which is easily fixable.

Back