Contribute
Register
In my experience I have only had to call them once many moons ago when they near enough kicked everyone out off the iMsg Servers including genuine Macs because of the cloning fiasco. My problem was fixed by the first level tech when I told him I was having a problem logging on with my ID. After answering a few security questions I was informed the problem was resolved and I will be able to logon. After the call was finished, I turned the machine off then rebooted and could log into iMs/F-Time right away, never had any problems since even with all the testing and reinstalls I do from time to time.

This maybe clutching at straws but if ever you make a call to apple with a code and they say the block has been removed, it would be a good idea to turn the machine off before attempting to logon straight away then reboot and try a logon after a few minutes just to give the server time to implement the changes.

Great, I will post back after I call them.

old values to activate the Imessage and Face time can stay in the bios and hinder the activation of Imessage and Face time ..?

old values to activate the Imessage and Face time can stay in the bios and hinder the activation of Imessage and Face time ..?

Injected values are not held in a machine's Bios, the Bios is activated long before it reaches the OS X installation.

was wondering if there is a possibility that Hackintosh users will be banned or will not be able to activate Imessage and Face time ... any more?

was wondering if there is a possibility that Hackintosh users will be banned or will not be able to activate Imessage and Face time ... any more?

Very doubtful. Ive been using the same values on the same Desktop since 10.9.2 days. No problems.

As VioletDragon pointed out that premise is most unlikely as long as we don't break too many of Apple's rules. They already tolerate hacks flouting the EULA ruling. The area where you would come under scrutiny, would be cloning genuine Mac values on a hack machine. Apple sees that as a major security risk allowing these machines on the servers, so they would block both.

This has happened in the past and was quite chaotic at the time for all including genuine Apple devices, that is why you're constantly advised to generate values pertaining to your own setup to avoid that happening again.
As it was said - 'It's like taking the registration plate from you neighbour's Ferrari and putting it on your Mini, you'll be ok for a while but sooner or later'.............

If my IP address .. is blacklisted by apple ... I will not be able to activate Imessage and Face time ... anymore? it is possible .. ? if my IP happens on the black list of apple have any way to use Imessage ..?

If my IP address .. is blacklisted by apple ... I will not be able to activate Imessage and Face time ... anymore? it is possible .. ? if my IP happens on the black list of apple have any way to use Imessage ..?

If indeed your IP address is blocked - (you need to ascertain if that is the case or not - can you logon with another device? if you can then it is not) - you need to contact your service provider and ask them to change your IP address. In all it could be that your hack is responding with data that the servers deemed as suspect for one reason or another.

As VioletDragon pointed out that premise is most unlikely as long as we don't break too many of Apple's rules. They already tolerate hacks flouting the EULA ruling. The area where you would come under scrutiny, would be cloning genuine Mac values on a hack machine. Apple sees that as a major security risk allowing these machines on the servers, so they would block both.

This has happened in the past and was quite chaotic at the time for all including genuine Apple devices, that is why you're constantly advised to generate values pertaining to your own setup to avoid that happening again.
As it was said - 'It's like taking the registration plate from you neighbour's Ferrari and putting it on your Mini, you'll be ok for a while but sooner or later'.............

I have cloned Values on all my machines but they're Values from Broken/Dead Logic Boards I've bought off Ebay which are not being used anywhere else.

Back