Contribute
Register
Glad you got it sorted out.

Im curious to know if it Works with injecting only the ROM from a real mac and generate your own MLB, so if it does we have to sort out a new generator for Rom`s and maybe everyone can have iMessage working or if it doesn`t work without MLB then someone has to update the generators so they have a proper matching with each other (rom & mlb)
No, it did´t work using ROM from real Mac and a generated MLB Serial.
I even tried to generate another MLB Serial using the same model, year and week of the real Mac.
It didn't work either. Both ways gave the message saying to talk to apple with a token number.

I made this test just for curiosity, cause my AppleId works just fine with generated MLB and ROM.
Just trying to help science here.

I made this test just for curiosity, cause my AppleId works just fine with generated MLB and ROM.
Just trying to help science here.
Great, thanks for doing the testing for us.

So from this i can assume somehow MLB & Rom as to match properly with each other to have success on every apple ID.

Maybe/Hopefully someone can come up with a newer generator and discover how they should match with each other so everyone can have iMessage working that way.

Great, thanks for doing the testing for us.

So from this i can assume somehow MLB & Rom as to match properly with each other to have success on every apple ID.

Maybe/Hopefully someone can come up with a newer generator and discover how they should match with each other so everyone can have iMessage working that way.
I don´t think it is possible. I think Apple is using a new check if the Mac trying to log has a registered rom/MLB on their databank. If it is not registered, then you have to call Apple and prove that you have a real Mac and, only if they get convinced, they insert your rom:MLB on the system.
And this kind of check is not made for any AppleIds, only for some and nobody understand how they chose who to block.
So, for those getting the token number and message to call Apple, their is only two possibilities. Call Apple and convince them to insert your rom:MLB on their databank or use a real rom:MLB.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

* I carefully do all steps in this guide - - > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
but iMessage still doesn't work.
* After I click "Sign in" several times iMessage open with conversation empty view.
* I open preferences and see my account is still "inactive", so I writing password and again click "Sign in".
* After it I see panel with "Sign out" button, list of my appleid, and my phone number, but after a second or two this panel was closed and I see red label with it: "problem with authentication".

PS. I don't read this guide yet - - > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/

Could you give my any advice?
System: macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Last edited:
I don´t think it is possible. I think Apple is using a new check if the Mac trying to log has a registered rom/MLB on their databank. If it is not registered, then you have to call Apple and prove that you have a real Mac and, only if they get convinced, they insert your rom:MLB on the system.
And this kind of check is not made for any AppleIds, only for some and nobody understand how they chose who to block.
So, for those getting the token number and message to call Apple, their is only two possibilities. Call Apple and convince them to insert your rom:MLB on their databank or use a real rom:MLB.

This sounds like my situation. I have set up iMessage successfully on four other builds being used by people in my household with their Apple IDs and no issues. With my new build, I used the Idiot's Guide. My iMessage debug values are consistent, got the appropriate messages from insanemac / Apple self care and did all this setup before connecting the machine to my network for the first time.

I got the "Call Apple with code" message. The code never changes. I called Apple and they cleared the block on my Apple ID but I still can't login. I tried two other Apple IDs on this machine and they both work.

At this point I'm looking for input / advice. I can call Apple back and tell them that whatever they did didn't work but I expect they are going to press me to provide the serial for the Hack (for my initial call I gave them my legit MacBook Pro serial) and ask to connect remotely to poke around in it, which isn't a good option.

On the other hand, I'm convinced this is tied to some sort of more stringent checks involving my Apple ID somehow and I'm not sure there is any point flushing all my settings and trying again with new values. I'm at the point now where my Apple ID doesn't work on any of the hacks I have access to - even though iMessage works on those same hacks for others.

Any advice?

This sounds like my situation. I have set up iMessage successfully on four other builds being used by people in my household with their Apple IDs and no issues. With my new build, I used the Idiot's Guide. My iMessage debug values are consistent, got the appropriate messages from insanemac / Apple self care and did all this setup before connecting the machine to my network for the first time.

I got the "Call Apple with code" message. The code never changes. I called Apple and they cleared the block on my Apple ID but I still can't login. I tried two other Apple IDs on this machine and they both work.

At this point I'm looking for input / advice. I can call Apple back and tell them that whatever they did didn't work but I expect they are going to press me to provide the serial for the Hack (for my initial call I gave them my legit MacBook Pro serial) and ask to connect remotely to poke around in it, which isn't a good option.

On the other hand, I'm convinced this is tied to some sort of more stringent checks involving my Apple ID somehow and I'm not sure there is any point flushing all my settings and trying again with new values. I'm at the point now where my Apple ID doesn't work on any of the hacks I have access to - even though iMessage works on those same hacks for others.

Any advice?

You are quite right with your assumption. The problem lies with your ID on your hack specially if other ID's has no problem logging in - also changing values will be pointless as you speculated. The only advice I can offer is to log into (web base) iCloud with your Apple ID and remove any unwanted or defunct devices. You could call Apple tech again and give them the s/n from your MacBook and hope for the best. Good luck.

I can not access Imessage ... it shuts down unexpectedly always in MacOS 12.10.5 with Clover! How to solve this problem ..?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2017-05-31 às 22.03.02.png
    Captura de Tela 2017-05-31 às 22.03.02.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 141
Before seeing your reply I said "screw it," and went through all the instructions in the first post. Everything is working now.
I have the same issue - I tried logging out of iCloud on my phone and hack. Logged in first on phone - then on hack. Did not work.

Do you have more than these 2 devices, and did you log out of all of them before logging in again?

Thanks!

Back