Contribute
Register
It
My colleague does have a MacBook Pro 8.2 which he never ever uses any apple services and for any other reason but just for Virtual Dj,he works as a DJ as a second job at 2 nights per week and thats it,he has another windows laptop for daily uses but he purchased the MacBook just for the more premium look when he makes music.
I told him about the consequences and he said take whatever you want from it since i will never use iMessage or any other service from it.
I just made a dump and only used his MLB and Rom and generated a pair of new serial & UUID for each of my laptop and put the mlb and rom from his dump.
Did that on both of my laptops and iMessage and FaceTime finally working on both of my laptops,i stopped using macos on my Lenovo B570e and installed Windows since i don't need 2 laptops with same os and its older,im using macos only on my ThinkPad L440 and iMessage and FaceTime working perfect.
It is very interesting.
Based on what you said, MLB serial should be the most important variable.
We need some more testing just to know if ROM is relevant.
This Mac that you extracted MLB and ROM from. Does it have the same model you are faking on your hack?
We have a very important information here.
It is possible that we need a more accurated MLB generator to have iMessage on some Mac models.
Maybe it works for some models and don't for others or it is just lucky of somebody generating a random real MLB serial. Who knows?
I am saying that for people that have iMessage working with new appleids.

His Macbook is a Macbook Pro 8.2
My Lenovo B570e was using Macbook Pro 8.1SMBIOS (now using it for Windows)
My Lenovo ThinkPad L440 uses SMBIOS MacBookPro 11.1.
So basically i only took MLB & Rom from the dump.
So from my testing that i have done so far :

1.Serial Number is generated new and UUID then just pasted his mlb and rom and it worked.
SMBIOS & Serial Number & UUID doesn't seem to matter.

2.i tried only pasting MLB without putting the dumped Rom but generated my own,it didn't work,it throwed a customer code.
So i assume ROM is important or should perfectly match with MLB

3. Might give a try with ROM only and with my own generated MLB and see if it works.if i have time for that,but im a bit worried to experiment since I don't want to get it blacklisted since it's working fine so far.

Last edited:
All:

I'm still having trouble with Messages logging in successfully and receiving messages successfully but randomly not sending. Again: I can log in and receive messages just fine, but randomly, I can't send.

I watched the console log closely and signed out / back in and made an interesting discovery:

IMDMessageServicesAgent: IORegistry entry 'IODeviceTree:/efi/platform' does not contain the key 'apple-coprocessor-version'

See attached image for messages debug output (masked for privacy), which seems healthy and normal. Given that IMDMessageServicesAgent is Messages and that it's looking for some platform identification in the IORegistry, I'm pretty sure this is what's been plaguing me. A search on both this site and by Google doesn't reveal anything that looks helpful to me.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.22.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.22.09 PM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 131
His Macbook is a Macbook Pro 8.2
My Lenovo B570e was using Macbook Pro 8.1SMBIOS (now using it for Windows)
My Lenovo ThinkPad L440 uses SMBIOS MacBookPro 11.1.
So basically i only took MLB & Rom from the dump.
So from my testing that i have done so far :

1.Serial Number is generated new and UUID then just pasted his mlb and rom and it worked.
SMBIOS & Serial Number & UUID doesn't seem to matter.

2.i tried only pasting MLB without putting the dumped Rom but generated my own,it didn't work,it throwed a customer code.
So i assume ROM is important or should perfectly match with MLB

3. Might give a try with ROM only and with my own generated MLB and see if it works.if i have time for that,but im a bit worried to experiment since I don't want to get it blacklisted since it's working fine so far.
You did a great work testing it for us.
Did you test your setup with a fresh new appleid or this is an old one?

Last edited:
You did a great work testing it for us.
Did you test your setup with a fresh new appleid or this is an old one?
I have a total of 5 Apple ID of mine.
Did a fresh install and followed P1LGRIM`s idiots guide to iMessage.
Everything setup correctly and the result:
  • The Apple ID of my father and Apple ID`s of my sisters were working successfully.
  • Since their Apple ID`s worked, i opened 2 new fresh Apple ID`s to try out, none of them did, not even the 3 others that I had before.
  • None of my Apple ID were working (all of them giving me Customer Code).
  • So I opened a new email account and added that to the iMessage of my Father Apple ID, unticked everything and configured iMessage to only Send and Receive from that email of mine on my Laptop so we don`t get our messages synced/mixed.(it was the only possible workaround).
  • Got the dump from my colleague, cleaned old values, setup new ones and then just pasted the MLB & ROM from the dump that I got from him so the result:
BOOM - iMessage & FaceTime Fully working on every Apple ID that I tried (like tried around 15 apple ID`s and all of them working).
I went ahead and just wanted to give a try to see if ROM is important or not, removed it, and generated a new one so I could just leave the MLB from the dump and the result:
not working (customer code).
I Would love to try making new values and only pasting the ROM from the dump and generating my own MLB and see if it works so I can just make sure that both MLB & ROM has to perfectly match each other or Only ROM is the Important one.

So that way we can hopefully workout a solution like getting a new Generating Script for values to match them properly.
But I'm afraid to try 1 more time because if I get somehow this ROm or MLB blacklisted its my only working solution and who knows when or if I will be able to find someone else to do me such favor to share his/her values.

All:

I'm still having trouble with Messages logging in successfully and receiving messages successfully but randomly not sending. Again: I can log in and receive messages just fine, but randomly, I can't send.

I watched the console log closely and signed out / back in and made an interesting discovery:

IMDMessageServicesAgent: IORegistry entry 'IODeviceTree:/efi/platform' does not contain the key 'apple-coprocessor-version'

See attached image for messages debug output (masked for privacy), which seems healthy and normal. Given that IMDMessageServicesAgent is Messages and that it's looking for some platform identification in the IORegistry, I'm pretty sure this is what's been plaguing me. A search on both this site and by Google doesn't reveal anything that looks helpful to me.

Any ideas?

In case you didn`t try, go to your SMBIOS and just see if Trust box is ticked or not, if not, tick it, save, reboot and see if it works.

I have a total of 5 Apple ID of mine.
Did a fresh install and followed P1LGRIM`s idiots guide to iMessage.
Everything setup correctly and the result:
  • The Apple ID of my father and Apple ID`s of my sisters were working successfully.
  • Since their Apple ID`s worked, i opened 2 new fresh Apple ID`s to try out, none of them did, not even the 3 others that I had before.
  • None of my Apple ID were working (all of them giving me Customer Code).
  • So I opened a new email account and added that to the iMessage of my Father Apple ID, unticked everything and configured iMessage to only Send and Receive from that email of mine on my Laptop so we don`t get our messages synced/mixed.(it was the only possible workaround).
  • Got the dump from my colleague, cleaned old values, setup new ones and then just pasted the MLB & ROM from the dump that I got from him so the result:
BOOM - iMessage & FaceTime Fully working on every Apple ID that I tried (like tried around 15 apple ID`s and all of them working).
I went ahead and just wanted to give a try to see if ROM is important or not, removed it, and generated a new one so I could just leave the MLB from the dump and the result:
not working (customer code).
I Would love to try making new values and only pasting the ROM from the dump and generating my own MLB and see if it works so I can just make sure that both MLB & ROM has to perfectly match each other or Only ROM is the Important one.

So that way we can hopefully workout a solution like getting a new Generating Script for values to match them properly.
But I'm afraid to try 1 more time because if I get somehow this ROm or MLB blacklisted its my only working solution and who knows when or if I will be able to find someone else to do me such favor to share his/her values.
I think you have already made a great contribution for us to understand important things here.
It is wonderful to know that we don't need to use the same Mac Model on SMBIOS, just MLB and ROM.
Soon, I will try to use only ROM number and post results here.
I will make a new install on another hard drive, just to don´t mess with my partialy working SMBIOS.
Thank you for your discovery.

isted your MLB & ROM)

To make it simple try this:
Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator.
Go to SMBIOS section.
Copy Serial Number to Board Serial Number and ad 5 random letters to the end of It
Eg KURBX. (don´t use this just 5 random capital letters)
Then open Terminal and type uuidgen and pres Enter
Do that 5 - 10 times.
(copy/paste uuidgen press enter/backspace)
Copy one of the last generated to SmUUID in Clover Configurator SMBIOS section
And save your config.plist

This method has worked for me more than 5 years and never failed

It´s a great guide P1LGRIM´s made but sometimes to much info just distracts you

It this current for 10.12.4? I tried the Idiot's guide a couple times before reading through the comprehensive one and I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

On top of that I noticed in the comprehensive guide:

Comprehensive guide OP said:
Simply copy and paste your OSX S/N into the form and click on continue, if your S/N passes the validation checks and is not registered then site will return with the following message:-

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

I gather this should be the return you get from Apple when you check your serial.
Instead I am always getting this:

We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again

The idiot's guide does not differentiate the two returns, but fact of the matter is I couldn't get iMessage to work for me. Should I keep generating serials until I get the first output, or is that info now obsolete and I should be looking for the problem elsewhere?

In case you didn`t try, go to your SMBIOS and just see if Trust box is ticked or not, if not, tick it, save, reboot and see if it works.
thank you! I've solved problems. But still can't send SMS from iMessage (MacOS). why?

Back