Contribute
Register
Excuse me if my issue has been solved before, there's quite a lot of posts here and I haven't come across my issue through my skimming.

Today I set everything up via the iDiots guide to iMessage and was unsuccessful. I was getting the customer code error, with the same customer code every time. In the end I attempted to call Apple. The call went smooth, they were able to identify me and I used a story that I bought a iMac second hand from someone at school. They took my customer code and said that they confirmed it, but it may take a day to update. If not, I should call back to further investigate.

Currently I am still waiting for iMessage/FT to be activated, but each time I attempt a log in I do receive the same customer code. I have ticked the "trust" box in my config file as well.

Any other suggestions as to what I should look for, or how I should approach the follow up call? I am nervous they will want to screen share with me, as they asked to on the first call but I was able to evade that process. If they insist, is this something I should allow or not?

EDIT: I called back today as it still was not working, spoke with a senior advisor type person. They investigated further and said my account, the AppleID, was blocked I suppose from using this certain Mac. He escalated my account and is having some engineering team look into the issue and I have a scheduled call back next week. I hope this was the right path to take, but I've checked three times now to make sure all my IDs match I followed the guides perfectly.

Last edited:
Hi,

Issuing the command : "nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" On a real iMac 17,1 returns 11 digits
%xx%xx%xx%xx%xxx

Is it possible that this machine network was not setup ?

Last edited:
Are you sure that it is a valid apple id and that its associated with an iphone ?

Update: The guide has had multiple updates since first being posted, if you still suffering from the issue please take another look.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jaymonkey,

By default the ROM should be 12 hexadecimal digits.

Issuing the command : "nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" On a real iMac 17,1 returns 11 digits
%xx%xx%xx%xx%xxx

I'm not sure why, Could it be that the network was not setup ? Did not have a chance to look at that

Last edited:
Excuse me if my issue has been solved before, there's quite a lot of posts here and I haven't come across my issue through my skimming.

Today I set everything up via the iDiots guide to iMessage and was unsuccessful. I was getting the customer code error, with the same customer code every time. In the end I attempted to call Apple. The call went smooth, they were able to identify me and I used a story that I bought a iMac second hand from someone at school. They took my customer code and said that they confirmed it, but it may take a day to update. If not, I should call back to further investigate.

Currently I am still waiting for iMessage/FT to be activated, but each time I attempt a log in I do receive the same customer code. I have ticked the "trust" box in my config file as well.

Any other suggestions as to what I should look for, or how I should approach the follow up call? I am nervous they will want to screen share with me, as they asked to on the first call but I was able to evade that process. If they insist, is this something I should allow or not?

EDIT: I called back today as it still was not working, spoke with a senior advisor type person. They investigated further and said my account, the AppleID, was blocked I suppose from using this certain Mac. He escalated my account and is having some engineering team look into the issue and I have a scheduled call back next week. I hope this was the right path to take, but I've checked three times now to make sure all my IDs match I followed the guides perfectly.

A quick update. Upon checking my appleID, I've noticed that two iMacs appear. One for the serial number I generated, and one "D25LHACKF8JC." Upon googling I found that this is some generic ID? Is it possible that somehow this is being registered because of a ID mixmatch somewhere on my system, therefore causing this block? If so, how can I fix this? I'm still very new to this, any information you need to know I'll be happy to provide but may need to be directed on how to locate it.

EDIT: Here is what iMessagedebug returns.
Code:
              Model: iMac14,2
           Board-id: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
       SerialNumber: C02P8PSSFLHH
      Hardware UUID: 85939354-E9D5-5CAC-A4D9-8331C9369E84

System-ID: C92C88EC-D92F-4B00-9492-F4944CE8D325
                ROM: d8cb8aca1973
  BoardSerialNumber: C0258303OPDKG11H

Gq3489ugfi: 9a84143b581caf5cf6fb8310ad135d3a8e
          Fyp98tpgj: bee72ae9f8159667a0c0f015447d7bfec6
         kbjfrfpoJU: 6e3dc28858300009a469403c93f8114979
       oycqAZloTNDm: 3a9a4c298f708d46a9b6c1940391419430
       abKPld1EcMni: 03314b4dfd307a5b7d16a6541422988937

EDIT2: Further investigation shows that even after I log off iCloud on the generated serial number, and power off the machine, the ghost id still shows as signed on via appleID.
EDIT3: Ghost device successfully removed, thanks to this thread. However, iMessage now throwing a new customer code at me. Gonna have a fun time trying to explain this to apple support. :problem:

Last edited:
Hi!
I've spent the last 5 days to fix iMessage and FaceTime on my hackintosh, with no luck. Generated MLBs never worked, I kept getting the customer code error. However, today I found a working ROM and MLB on a forum. It was posted a couple years ago, so I assume a lot of people are using it. I applied that ROM and MLB in Clover Configurator, rebooted and boom, I could log in to iMessage and FaceTime instantly. I was relieved that I finally found a solution, but also I'm worried.

- Is it safe to use this ROM and MLB, if other people are using it too?
- Can I get into any trouble? Like getting my Apple ID banned or something worse.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
I've spent the last 5 days to fix iMessage and FaceTime on my hackintosh, with no luck. Generated MLBs never worked, I kept getting the customer code error. However, today I found a working ROM and MLB on a forum. It was posted a couple years ago, so I assume a lot of people are using it. I applied that ROM and MLB in Clover Configurator, rebooted and boom, I could log in to iMessage and FaceTime instantly. I was relieved that I finally found a solution, but also I'm worried.

- Is it safe to use this ROM and MLB, if other people are using it too?
- Can I get into any trouble? Like getting my Apple ID banned or something worse.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting this. One thing is for certain, those 2 variables are definitely white listed.

What can happen ?

- it depends. if that MLB/ROM is from real mac, there is a probability that at some point you may find yourself in the desert without communications :). That may hurt. If your assumption holds that many customers are actively using the same MLB and ROM then it will leave apple with a BIG head ache. Meaning ..... who do they FIRE? (Last in first out ... only joking)

- if nothing happens (assuming many customers are using the same 2 variables) it actually puts a complete new spin on things into what is true. Generally these 2 variables are believed to be unique to a machine (iMac, Macbook etc....)

- lastly, it is well documented that cloning the array of variables (serial, mlb, rom, smuuid etc) gets you in the fast lane towards the desert. Think of it this way. Would you be happy buying a real mac only to find out someone is using your identifiers that apple uses for security measures.

Good luck, let us know

Question:

1. What smbios did you use eg iMac 14,2 ?
2. Did you use a generated serial no and a generated SmUUID ?

As a side note:

Many people may go down this route, they could potentially use their own white listed ROM/MLB from their real machine. I can't comment if it is recommended. Personally i think it is not good practice but that is just my own view.

Within the next few days or months, others opting to do the same may share their experiences with you as well.

Last edited:
I am trying to configure a new Hackintosh (I've successfully done five). In following the iMessage guide I cannot get a valid S/N for 14,2. I've done multiple "shakes" and checked 12 generated serial numbers but all come back not valid. I've never had this much trouble finding one I can use. Has something changed?

I am trying to configure a new Hackintosh (I've successfully done five). In following the iMessage guide I cannot get a valid S/N for 14,2. I've done multiple "shakes" and checked 12 generated serial numbers but all come back not valid. I've never had this much trouble finding one I can use. Has something changed?

Read the 'Idiots Guide' for the answer to your query.

@ krallmen do not use any ROM and MLB that does not belong to any genuine Apple device that is owned by you, this is cloning and will lead to serious consequences. People using farmed values they find on the internet or where ever will impact the whole of the hackintosh community including real Mac owners as it did before, thats why Apple now uses the 'Two Step Verification' security process not to mention the fact that new builds now throws up the 'Customer Code' to be white listed on Apple Servers.

Once your machine throws up the Code, there is nothing you can do but to call Apple Tech and hope for the best. Yes using cloned values will get you logged in but trust me it will be short lived, your ID and Hack will be permanently blocked along with your IP address. If you're that anxious just buy a real Mac instead of going down that route.

im lost! i've done all the guides on the internet and this forum. I've even used real ROM, smUUID and MLB. and i still get the message with the support ticket id. i need help. I'm despaired.

Back