CPU
2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok thanks - Ive read the article and most of the posts covering the piece and as far as I understand, it seems this is mainly about hacking iPhones and iPads. I didn't really see anything (not that it doesn't) to impact the Hackintosh community so I think for the time being we are ok as long as we stay away from cloning any Mac values, unless, and I am quite reluctant to say this, the Cloned device is owned by you, registered as your property and preferably no longer logging into any Apple Services.

Motherboard
Asrock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Many thanks to all iMessage experts over here. I'm at a loss. I have done two attempts following P1LGR1M's (clear) guide. All seems OK until I try to set up iMessage. I'm not sure on the first customer code (to provide to Apple Support), but with the second failure it is: 5995-7018-8088.

I think I have (at least) three options: 1) do a third attempt, 2) call Apple support with the guidance from OP in mind (e.g. S/N of my MBP) or 3) clone an old Mac mini I still own (and have not used for years).

Any thoughts - thank you very much.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WFI
CPU
2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Many thanks to all iMessage experts over here. I'm at a loss. I have done two attempts following P1LGR1M's (clear) guide. All seems OK until I try to set up iMessage. I'm not sure on the first customer code (to provide to Apple Support), but with the second failure it is: 5995-7018-8088.

I think I have (at least) three options: 1) do a third attempt, 2) call Apple support with the guidance from OP in mind (e.g. S/N of my MBP) or 3) clone an old Mac mini I still own (and have not used for years).

Unfortunately you have joined the ranks of those with the same iMessage problem. We are still in the dark why some members gain success where iMsg/F-Time is concerned and others like your self will not. The general consensus in most cases seems to be old established Apple ID's have a better success rate than (new) ID's on new Hack builds.

As stated in the past, once your build throws up a Code there's nothing you can do other than make the call. Constantly changing S/N, Mac Specs etc will not change the situation apart from maybe throw up a different code. Personally I would make the call to Apple and give them the S/N (If asked) from your MBP and just say you're having problems logging in with your ID.

If that does not work, as a last resort use the values from your old Mac mini ONLY IF IT WILL NOT BE USED AGAIN to access any Apple Services - this most important. Good luck.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

With your 100 series motherboard you will almost certainly have to use EmuVariableUefi-64 (and RC scripts) from Clover.
Have you done this ?

Motherboard
Asus TP500LAB (9 series)
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have the same problem with the customer code over and over again. I might try to call them again.

Motherboard
Asrock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you @esafeddie and @P1LGRIM. Yes, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is installed (not RC Scripts).

I have two AppleID's, a "primary" ID - created when Apple introduced .Mac services (1999?) and heavily used. Back in 2012, I created a "backup" AppleID - this account has been mostly dormant since. When I decided to try to get iMessage working on my (first) Hackintosh, I was a bit hesitant to use my "primary" account for testing this. So I reactivated my "backup" account, registered a credit card and tested from my MBP, iPhone and iPad's. Account is fine. But not for iMessage registration from my Hackintosh. Yesterday evening (CET), just before going to bed, I tried (for the first time) to register Hackintosh with the iMessage services of my "primary" account. What do you think .... SUCCESS. Again, many thanks to all.

Last edited: