Contribute
Register
Thank you for the effort.

2 challenges:

1. Your script "simpleMLB.sh.zip" to generate the serial number is empty when I download it. Only the folder structure comes through. So I decided to generate a serial using cloverconfig
  2. The MLB Generator "MLBGenV17V3" script generates the following error when I run it.

./MLBGen17V3
'R8' NULL
Serial is Incorrect
where 'R8" is characters 4 and 5 of the serial no.

I did managed to get it past the error but that was not using a serial number in my config. Doing this ask for S or M to input. S does not generate anything and says the MAC and ROM is different

Using clover to generate a SN should be fine as long as you use the magic wand to "shake" the values a bunch of times to randomize them. Then you need to check if it's a valid SN per the idiots guide, to be sure it conforms to the correct format AND is a SN that is not in use. Then use simplemlb.sh to generate a MLB value (i've re attached it here, just drag it to an open terminal window). Then use your ETH0 MAC address, or the last portion of your SmUUID as the ROM value.

This should either let you1. Log into IM. or 2. Throw the "Contact apple with customer service code xxx-xxx-xxx" issue (this is where I'm at)

option 2 means you'll have to call apple support and hope they whitelist your rig.

Attachments

• simpleMLBSerial.sh.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 104
You must have a formulated Mac Serial Number already injected for either of the MLB Generators to work as the creation of the MLB value is formed in conjunction with the Mac S/N. I've again uploaded the Generator you say you're having a problem with.
The MLBGen17V3 - If you use this one you must do exactly as it ask by matching lower case lettering and capital lettering, it will not work otherwise i.e 'iM' for iMac (without the quotes) etc, etc. Good luck.

Attachments

• simpleMLB.sh.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 85
If you use the MLBGen17v3 - This is what you should see (I've omitted my details from the last pic).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 20.06.06.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 20.06.06.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 20.06.35.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 20.06.35.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 20.07.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 20.07.11.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 259
If you use the MLBGen17v3 - This is what you should see (I've omitted my details from the last pic).

Thank you so much...

I had to change my SMBIOS from a iMac17,1 to iMac14,2 to make it work.

Question:

1. Using it this way I noticed that MLBGen17V3 display the MAC address (en0) correctly, i.e. that is = to the MAC Address found System/Preferences/Network/Advanced. MLBGen17V3 also generate a ROM value which is different to MAC. Do I need to use this ROM value in the clover config (under RtVariables section) as opposed to specifying "UseMacAddr0" ?? Which one do you use normally ??
  2. MLBGen17V3 calculated the MLB. Must this value be configured in the clover config (under RtVariables section), Or do I need to put it as BoardSerialNumber under the SMBIOS section ?? Reason I'm asking is there seem to be no definitive answer to this on the web. This guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ actually suggest not to use MLB, rather use BoardSerialNumber.

Please let me know so i can try it for IM

Once again thank you

Last edited:
Using clover to generate a SN should be fine as long as you use the magic wand to "shake" the values a bunch of times to randomize them. Then you need to check if it's a valid SN per the idiots guide, to be sure it conforms to the correct format AND is a SN that is not in use. Then use simplemlb.sh to generate a MLB value (i've re attached it here, just drag it to an open terminal window). Then use your ETH0 MAC address, or the last portion of your SmUUID as the ROM value.

This should either let you 1. Log into IM. or 2. Throw the "Contact apple with customer service code xxx-xxx-xxx" issue (this is where I'm at)

option 2 means you'll have to call apple support and hope they whitelist your rig.

Thank you, please could you check your apple system log.

I have the latter case with the customer service code. That message does not necessarily imply that you good to go and just phone apple, I have the same message but the apple system log gives:

identityservicesd[306]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x7fd260fxxxxx): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: MK-iMac] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: appleid@*.com] [Phone Number: this is emptyappleid@*.com] [AppleID: appleid@*.com] [UserID: E:appleid@*.com] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <3f7c6604 xx66xx37 273c52a3 32ef558c d15749c3 37b948d2 54a9a0a4 46xxe0be>] [Region ID: R:GB] [Base Number: +440000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: (+441x9xxx6x, appleid@*.com)] [Auth Cert: 0x7fd260fxxxxx] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:8xx17xxx3x] [Auth User ID: D:8xx17xxx3x] [Heartbeat Date: (null)] (Error: 31)

According to jaymonky's posts on page 1(in this thread) the error code mean something is wrong with MLB/SN. Hence I'm not going to even try to phone home unless the system log is clean.

Last edited:
iMessage used to work on my rig on El Cap; I don't know how, I don't think I did anything other than filling SMBIOS. However it's not working any longer after I did a fresh install of sierra. So I followed the instructions in this tutorial with no luck.

Here's my configuration:
Motherboard: GA-Z170MX Gaming 5
CPU: i7 6700K

RtVariables and SMBIOS:
View attachment 241028
View attachment 241032
I have checked EveryMac.com and verified the Serial Number is valid; I also checked checkcoverage.apple.com and made sure it's not registered. Here's the output of iMessageDebug:

View attachment 241033
iMessage's error message: "Could not sign in to iMessage".
And here's what I found in the log:

[Warning] (IMAccount: 0x7fd4f9684130 [ID: 32684291-AF32-4943-B019-ACBD02A88268 Service: IMService[iMessage] Login: E:[email protected] Active: YES LoginStatus: Connected]) - isActive: YES - isOperational: NO - registration status: 2

Any suggestions as to how to trouble shoot next? Thanks!

Last edited:
Don't know the importance towards making iMsg work but on the SMBIOS tab tick the 'Trust' box. Another place to look is make sure the Ethernet connection is registered as en0, if its just wifi connection, then it must be registered as en0. As far as I can tell from your log, your account and hack has full access to both iMsg and F-Time, the problem lies on your machine. Like I said check your System profile and see how your Ethernet or WiFi card is registered.

If the above fails to solve the problem, turn the machine off and force a reset/refresh on your internet router by either removing the power line or pressing a reset button. Reboot the machine and try a logon. Also may I offer one more piece of advice, If you get it all working again, make a copy of the iMsg DeBugger or print so that you can maintain the values for any future reinstalls, saving loads of hassle having to formulate and inject new values. Remember, genuine Macs keeps the same values for the life of the machine, unless it has to go through major repairs, and we should do the same to emulate the characteristics of a real Mac.

Last edited:
Thank you so much...

I had to change my SMBIOS from a iMac17,1 to iMac14,2 to make it work.

Question:

1. Using it this way I noticed that MLBGen17V3 display the MAC address (en0) correctly, i.e. that is = to the MAC Address found System/Preferences/Network/Advanced. MLBGen17V3 also generate a ROM value which is different to MAC. Do I need to use this ROM value in the clover config (under RtVariables section) as opposed to specifying "UseMacAddr0" ?? Which one do you use normally ??
  2. MLBGen17V3 calculated the MLB. Must this value be configured in the clover config (under RtVariables section), Or do I need to put it as BoardSerialNumber under the SMBIOS section ?? Reason I'm asking is there seem to be no definitive answer to this on the web. This guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ actually suggest not to use MLB, rather use BoardSerialNumber.

Please let me know so i can try it for IM

Once again thank you

I use my Mac Address for preference and for a touch of authenticity but nothing wrong with using the other. The MLB value must populate section in RtVariable section and BoardSerialNumber (have a look at the attached pics at my setup) save to config.plist and reboot machine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 14.49.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 14.49.11.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 14.49.34.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 14.49.34.png
    357 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Yes, checking the "Trust" box worked for me! Interesting that no one else has mentioned it. Thanks!

Don't know the importance towards making iMsg work but on the SMBIOS tab tick the 'Trust' box. Another place to look is make sure the Ethernet connection is registered as en0, if its just wifi connection, then it must be registered as en0. As far as I can tell from your log, your account and hack has full access to both iMsg and F-Time, the problem lies on your machine. Like I said check your System profile and see how your Ethernet or WiFi card is registered.

If the above fails to solve the problem, turn the machine off and force a reset/refresh on your internet router by either removing the power line or pressing a reset button. Reboot the machine and try a logon. Also may I offer one more piece of advice, If you get it all working again, make a copy of the iMsg DeBugger or print so that you can maintain the values for any future reinstalls, saving loads of hassle having to formulate and inject new values. Remember, genuine Macs keeps the same values for the life of the machine, unless it has to go through major repairs, and we should do the same to emulate the characteristics of a real Mac.

Last edited:
Yes, checking the "Trust" box worked for me! Interesting that no one else has mentioned it.
Perhaps because most people are already using it.

The Clover Wiki said:
Trust
<key>Trust</key>
<true/>
Used to give priority to memory descriptor values found in SMBIOS or SPD. Change if your memory is described incorrectly in Mac. Default is <true/>.

Back