CPU
i7-4510U - HaswellULT
Graphics
HD "Graphics Family", 1366x768
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I might have screwed up....

I went through the guide and called Apple, and they were super friendly, asked me about the s/n a few times, went on hold a few times, and then came back, asked me to do the PIN thing from the website, and then fixed my issues. i was able to make an outgoing facetime call and actually speak to someone.

Then i turned the computer off, went home, turned it back on and now it doesn't work. Facetime is asking for my AuthToken then when i "allow" it boots me back to the password screen. From reading it seems that NVRAM is the problem (maybe?) but in that section it says that since i'm using clover then i didn't need to worry.

is there any way for me to fix this?

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on a HP probook that seems to have no other issues (yet) *knocks on wood*

Motherboard
Dell 7347
CPU
Haswell I5 4th Gen
Graphics
Hd 4400 intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've read through several guides, and did tons of searches.. Has anything changed with getting a valid serial number?

I've tried probably 125+ :banghead: serials, all were either not valid, or actually valid. I had about 4 that were please login in to validate your purchase date?

Did everyone else have this much trouble?

Looking for a valid 10.2 Macbook pro haswell I5... Am I trying to get a serial for something more controlled or? Should I go for something else? My system is a Dell Laptop I5 4gen 8gb ..

Motherboard
Dell 7347
CPU
Haswell I5 4th Gen
Graphics
Hd 4400 intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The more I think about it, either theres a complete misunderstanding on this subject .. Or a non valid serial number works. Because I find it implausible, this many users found valid, non registered serial's. At the rate I'm going, 500 tries might yield 1? might???. Unless theres something I'm missing.

CLover, now I'm trying Chemleon wizard..

Motherboard
ASUS Z97-K
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 750TI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
The more I think about it, either theres a complete misunderstanding on this subject .. Or a non valid serial number works. Because I find it implausible, this many users found valid, non registered serial's. At the rate I'm going, 500 tries might yield 1? might???. Unless theres something I'm missing.

CLover, now I'm trying Chemleon wizard..

I think you are misunderstanding. When you say you have a non-valid serial #, what do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com. You should be getting the message:
We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

If you get anything else it's a no go. That message means the serial number seems legit, but can't be found in their system. That's what you want. If you stumble in to an existing registered serial you'll have conflicts and it won't go well when the valid user of that serial tries to log in.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I might have screwed up....

I went through the guide and called Apple, and they were super friendly, asked me about the s/n a few times, went on hold a few times, and then came back, asked me to do the PIN thing from the website, and then fixed my issues. i was able to make an outgoing facetime call and actually speak to someone.

Then i turned the computer off, went home, turned it back on and now it doesn't work. Facetime is asking for my AuthToken then when i "allow" it boots me back to the password screen. From reading it seems that NVRAM is the problem (maybe?) but in that section it says that since i'm using clover then i didn't need to worry.

is there any way for me to fix this?

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on a HP probook that seems to have no other issues (yet) *knocks on wood*

Are your values staying the same on every Reboot? Are you using Apples native NVRAM or are you using EmuVariablesUefi-64? Id recommend to see if values are staying the same on every reboot, cold boot.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 450 G2 (Clover)
CPU
i7-4510U - HaswellULT
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Are your values staying the same on every Reboot? Are you using Apples native NVRAM or are you using EmuVariablesUefi-64? Id recommend to see if values are staying the same on every reboot, cold boot.

ROM and MLB seem to be staying the same.
I have no idea if I'm using native nvram or emuvariablesuefi-64. how would i tell?

When i set this up i more or less did a hybrid of NgyuenMac's probook guide and that of RehabMan's Hotpatch for probooks (to load all the post install stuff).

I never knew anything about NVRAM until i started reading this guide, and when i got to the part that talked about it, it advised that i didn't' need to worry since i used clover. so i didn't :(

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4510U - HaswellULT
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

.... Yes, I shut down, took the battery out, chilled for a bit, turned it back on, loaded CCC and mounted the EFI and looked at RTVariables, and the ROM and MLB are the same as before. is there another way/thing i should be looking for?

All help is appreciated (in advance)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4510U - HaswellULT
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

well, it very well could be an account thing. I logged into the FaceTime with another apple ID that is mine, and i was able to successfully make a video call. so it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem???

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
A lot of people are having issues with certain accounts it's strange. I can log in and out fine with both of my Apple ID accounts perfectly fine. And too check to see if you have EmuVariblesUEFI mount your EFI and go to EFI/Clover/DriversUEFI64.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 7347
CPU
Haswell I5 4th Gen
Graphics
Hd 4400 intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think you are misunderstanding. When you say you have a non-valid serial #, what do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com. You should be getting the message:
We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

What do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com.
YES.. check

on-valid serial #, what do you mean?
selfsolve.apple.com replies with:
on valid /legit= The machine data, plus warranty information.
non valid= "this serial number is not valid"
but, not the Hackintosh valid..

No misunderstanding ... Im getting nothing but invailds after say 150+ tries. Serial not valid, or actually legit/ valid, and a couple of login in to validate purchase date.

But never out of 150+ i'm being conservative when i say this tries. Never got the Hackintosh valid "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again"

I'm asking how many tries did it take for you to get yours?? I feel like I'm looking for a Unicorn that doesn't exist anymore?

Last edited: