Contribute
Register
Are your values staying the same on every Reboot? Are you using Apples native NVRAM or are you using EmuVariablesUefi-64? Id recommend to see if values are staying the same on every reboot, cold boot.

.... Yes, I shut down, took the battery out, chilled for a bit, turned it back on, loaded CCC and mounted the EFI and looked at RTVariables, and the ROM and MLB are the same as before. is there another way/thing i should be looking for?

All help is appreciated (in advance)

Are your values staying the same on every Reboot? Are you using Apples native NVRAM or are you using EmuVariablesUefi-64? Id recommend to see if values are staying the same on every reboot, cold boot.

well, it very well could be an account thing. I logged into the FaceTime with another apple ID that is mine, and i was able to successfully make a video call. so it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem???

A lot of people are having issues with certain accounts it's strange. I can log in and out fine with both of my Apple ID accounts perfectly fine. And too check to see if you have EmuVariblesUEFI mount your EFI and go to EFI/Clover/DriversUEFI64.

Last edited:
I think you are misunderstanding. When you say you have a non-valid serial #, what do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com. You should be getting the message:
We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

What do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com.
YES.. check

on-valid serial #, what do you mean?
selfsolve.apple.com replies with:
on valid /legit= The machine data, plus warranty information.
non valid= "this serial number is not valid"
but, not the Hackintosh valid..

No misunderstanding ... Im getting nothing but invailds after say 150+ tries. Serial not valid, or actually legit/ valid, and a couple of login in to validate purchase date.

But never out of 150+ i'm being conservative when i say this tries. Never got the Hackintosh valid "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again"

I'm asking how many tries did it take for you to get yours?? I feel like I'm looking for a Unicorn that doesn't exist anymore?

Last edited:
What do you mean? You should be generating a serial with CLover and testing at at selfsolve.apple.com.
YES.. check

on-valid serial #, what do you mean?
selfsolve.apple.com replies with:
on valid /legit= The machine data, plus warranty information.
non valid= "this serial number is not valid"
but, not the Hackintosh valid..

No misunderstanding ... Im getting nothing but invailds after say 150+ tries. Serial not valid, or actually legit/ valid, and a couple of login in to validate purchase date.

But never out of 150+ i'm being conservative when i say this tries. Never got the Hackintosh valid "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again"

I'm asking how many tries did it take for you to get yours?? I feel like I'm looking for a Unicorn that doesn't exist anymore?

I have the same problem when looking for a valid, but unused serial number for the Retina MacBookPro 11,1. I have text file with 33 real Mac serial numbers. I either get the not valid error message or a real Mac. I've tried it like 300 times now. I think this method does not seem to work anymore.

Are we doing something wrong?

I had a working serial number times ago, that was valid but not registered. I tried to get it working using it, but the serial was blacklisted and I'm using the EmuVariables efi file in clover folder to get my NVRAM working. I'm using UUIDGEN to get my SMUUID and simpleMLB.sh to generate the MLB. The only that is stopping me right now is, that I can't find any valid but unregistered serial.

Thank you

So here's something I noticed.

A while ago, I reinstalled OS X on my hackintosh. I created a new serial number and checked it on everymac.com and it brought up the mac I was aiming for. I checked it on the apple warranty page, and got

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

So I thought, hey, this is working great! Unfortunately, the serial number fails a different check. I tried entering the serial on supportprofile.apple.com/regProd for the heck of it - and it said it was invalid.

"We're sorry, but this serial number is either invalid or it is for Apple software or accessories. If you are trying to add Apple hardware other than an accessory, please check your information and try again."

I'm beginning to think that there's something we're missing. This is really frustrating to me, because the first time I called Apple, the guy became pretty suspicious of me pretty fast. I'm going to have to call them again soon to see if hopefully I get someone a little nicer, but I'm not too thrilled about it.

So here's something I noticed.

A while ago, I reinstalled OS X on my hackintosh. I created a new serial number and checked it on everymac.com and it brought up the mac I was aiming for. I checked it on the apple warranty page, and got

So I thought, hey, this is working great! Unfortunately, the serial number fails a different check. I tried entering the serial on supportprofile.apple.com/regProd for the heck of it - and it said it was invalid.

"We're sorry, but this serial number is either invalid or it is for Apple software or accessories. If you are trying to add Apple hardware other than an accessory, please check your information and try again."

I'm beginning to think that there's something we're missing. This is really frustrating to me, because the first time I called Apple, the guy became pretty suspicious of me pretty fast. I'm going to have to call them again soon to see if hopefully I get someone a little nicer, but I'm not too thrilled about it.

When you check on everymac.com it confirms that the serial number is in the correct format.
When you check on Apple self solve it confirms if the serial number has or has not been registered.
When you try and register it for warranty Apple checks its records and knows that they never actually made that item.
You cannot register a fake product, why would you even try ?

Sh*ts and giggles? Curiosity? I have been unable to get this to work despite following every possible guide I could find to the letter. I have a nice ROM, MLB and Serial number all generated by clover configurator. I'm taking shots in the dark here and playing around with various things to see what happens - without changing the values I have currently.

The fact of the matter is I have the stupid "contact apple support" thing, and one huge forum thread (aka here) says "it's okay to contact them just be tactful" and another huge forum somewhere else says "don't contact them you could get your account banned." Yadda Yadda ya. All I want is for my iMessage to work, and I've been looking all over at various things toward that end - with no avail yet.

Plus I was not entirely sure what would happen there. Or, rather, what error it would give me.

When you check on everymac.com it confirms that the serial number is in the correct format.
When you check on Apple self solve it confirms if the serial number has or has not been registered.
When you try and register it for warranty Apple checks its records and knows that they never actually made that item.
You cannot register a fake product, why would you even try ?

I agree with not registering a valid/fake serial. P1LGRIM could you please help us ? Could you test out what we are saying? Run a few through clover like you used to. Help us conclude, we are either doing something wrong. Or they've figured out, and blacklisted the serial algorithm of Clover.

I agree with not registering a valid/fake serial. Could you please help us ? Could you test out what we are saying? Help us conclude, we are either doing something wrong. Or they've figured out, and blacklisted the serial algorithm of Clover.

Everything that you need is already in the guide.
For a walkthrough of the setup process see my Qx-2000 build - Link in sig.
You only need a serial number in a valid format.
You do not need a serial number from a genuine Mac.
You do not need to register a serial number for iMessage to work.

Back