Contribute
Register
Im guessing you have a generic value or a number that is not remaining constant through reboots. Run iMessage debug and post output here, along with your config.plist... :thumbup:

Thanks!

And here you go, I really appreciate it:

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 223
  • iMessageDebug.txt
    685 bytes · Views: 126
Thanks!

And here you go, I really appreciate it:

This is your iMessage readout you posted - This value 'C02140302D5DMT31M' is Generic and will not work, so many posts advocating about the inability of rigs with this value not being able to log into iMessage, means either you are not paying attention or has not taken the time to read the 'How to Fix iMessage' guide. Other values in your readout are also suspect - this 'ROM: f80700080009' value and this 'System-ID: 43021703-0004-C005-4D06-F80700080009' value seems like your Board is suffering from the 'SId Bug' this problem along with a Fix is also covered in the GUIDE. My advice to you is set aside a little time to read the GUIDE so that you can have a little understanding of what is needed to get iMsg/F-Time to work, then if you do run into problems post back so that help can be offered -Read how to create and inject values unique to your rig, its not as difficult as you think - Good luck.

See Post#4969

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 12.52.33.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 12.52.33.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 157
I apologize for any inconvenience. Thought I had read through the guide sufficiently.
I did before have a SmUUID, but two days ago changed to the MacPro5,1 ID, because the Continuity Activation Tool, made some sort of alert that I tracked down to the 3,1-model. But the problem persisted at that time as well.

I will read about the generic C02140302D5DMT31M value, and look more before posting.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Thought I had read through the guide sufficiently.
I did before have a SmUUID, but two days ago changed to the MacPro5,1 ID, because the Continuity Activation Tool, made some sort of alert that I tracked down to the 3,1-model. But the problem persisted at that time as well.

I will read about the generic C02140302D5DMT31M value, and look more before posting.

I am sorry if my response to your post came across a bit terse, it was not intentional but as I pointed out so many members are posting with the 'C02140302D5DMT31M' problem which is so easily fixable, it can and does get a bit tedious explaining over and over that Generic value will not work. Also if I may ask, are you sure a Mac Pro 5.1 is the ideal Mac model for your rig?. The general consensus is to pick a Mac model as close as possible to the components in your build and while we are on the subject, please please fill out your Specs in your profile to give us all a clue as to what advice we can give you pertaining to the rig's specs - Good luck.

No it is alright, I understand :) I get your frustration.

I misread and misunderstood the MLB/ROM section, and though that Clover did that for me. My bad. I'm as you can see still a novice.

I went with the 5,1, because first of all I started with 3,1 but Continuity Activation Tool gave me this error:

"Verifying ContinuitySupport... Print: Entry, ":Mac-F42C88C8:ContinuitySupport", Does Not Exist
NOT OK. Unknown state. Your Mac might not be compatible."

Which I found out was related to 3,1. And since I didn't have any of the kexts installed that was a problem with 5,1, I thought that might be the way to go. That and iMac17,1 seems to be problematic, I can't get it to boot, but didn't try too hard since 3,1 and 5,1 works better.

Now to get the correct MLB.

No it is alright, I understand :) I get your frustration.

I misread and misunderstood the MLB/ROM section, and though that Clover did that for me. My bad. I'm as you can see still a novice.

I went with the 5,1, because first of all I started with 3,1 but Continuity Activation Tool gave me this error:

"Verifying ContinuitySupport... Print: Entry, ":Mac-F42C88C8:ContinuitySupport", Does Not Exist
NOT OK. Unknown state. Your Mac might not be compatible."

Which I found out was related to 3,1. And since I didn't have any of the kexts installed that was a problem with 5,1, I thought that might be the way to go. That and iMac17,1 seems to be problematic, I can't get it to boot, but didn't try too hard since 3,1 and 5,1 works better.

Now to get the correct MLB.

One should never settle for the default values of Clover - whilst Clover will get you up and running, you should always create and inject your own set of unique values i.e. ROM, MLB and SmUUID. That way you stand a better chance of a machine properly emulating the characteristics of a real Mac. On a final note, with your Specs, I would lean towards making my rig an iMac 14.2 or an iMac 15.1, these two Mac models are tried and tested and running on quite a few rigs trouble free. The 17.1 model is relatively new and unless your specs are close to the real iMac 17.1 specs, you may (IMHO) find it somewhat problematic.

Remember this - Before you change the values of your rig, you must log out of iCloud and any Apple Services you are logged into and then do the changes off line (disconnect from the internet until new values are added). Feel free to post any queries or problems you may encounter along the way, there are plenty of good folks here only willing to help - Good luck.

Well, that still didn't work for me but I'll try and generate a whole new set of values using your tips just to be sure.

P1LGRIM...

I assume I've been thinking about this the wrong way, so I'm attaching my latest config and debug for perusal. I've called Support twice now for two different sets of IDs matching what was in the guide (Generated S/N, generated UUID, ROM from UUID, and MLB/BSN of S/N + 6) and each time they authorize the code it never actually works. As others have said they are able to follow the guide and DO NOT get a Support Code, I've been trying to achieve the same thing - without success.

If you would be so kind as to verify the latest files look good to you, I'll reinstall and use the same process you outlined and I'll contact Support. Hopefully this time everything will work correctly, otherwise I'm giving up on this particular Hack.

Thanks for your (and others) help with this!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 190
  • iMessageDebug.txt
    688 bytes · Views: 105
One should never settle for the default values of Clover - whilst Clover will get you up and running, you should always create and inject your own set of unique values i.e. ROM, MLB and SmUUID. That way you stand a better chance of a machine properly emulating the characteristics of a real Mac.

One thing to note is the guide does say to try and use the Clover generated MLB (Chapter 7.1):

jaymonkey said:
Another method of generating a MLB value is to not specify one initially in your boot-loader config and let the boot-loader generate one for you, ensure that you disconnect from your network and boot OS X, run iMessage debug and check the MLB value, if its the correct length (13 or 17 digits depending upon system type) then copy the value and use it in-place of the above method.

Once you get through the posts, it becomes clear this is something to avoid but it can get confusing at first.

We appreciate all the tips and assistance though!

P1LGRIM...

I assume I've been thinking about this the wrong way, so I'm attaching my latest config and debug for perusal. I've called Support twice now for two different sets of IDs matching what was in the guide (Generated S/N, generated UUID, ROM from UUID, and MLB/BSN of S/N + 6) and each time they authorize the code it never actually works. As others have said they are able to follow the guide and DO NOT get a Support Code, I've been trying to achieve the same thing - without success.

If you would be so kind as to verify the latest files look good to you, I'll reinstall and use the same process you outlined and I'll contact Support. Hopefully this time everything will work correctly, otherwise I'm giving up on this particular Hack.

Thanks for your (and others) help with this!

Yes, they look ok to me.

Good Luck

Yes, they look ok to me.

Good Luck

Alas, no go. I gave the rep the code and they "cleared" it, but still not able to log in. I will stop changing my IDs around on the chance that either:

a) It starts working after a bit
b) It has to do with some other issue that gets identified or fixed later

I appreciate all the help trying to get it work... Thanks!

Back