Quad-Core Q6700
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Other
wondering if anyone can please help me.

I have not been able to use iMessage on my Hackintosh since the changes in Oct/Nov. 2014. I tried to follow this thread to fix but NO LUCK.

SYSTEM:
Mavericks 10.9.5
Chameleon bootloader
OS X SN - 9 digit, CKxxxxxxx (created by Chameleon wizard, under Mac Pro 3,1 preset which is closest to my system specs)

This is what I did:

(1) My appledID is 'verified' through on-line Account Manager (https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/), although DO NOT have a credit card # on the account

(2) Verified that my network interface is en0

(3) I checked my SN at https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and to my surprise to find out that the S/N is already registered and assigned to another machine. Not sure how and when. I do have an iPod touch with iMessage logged into the same AppleID and working FINE, but don't think that's the case.......Anyways........

(4) Followed "Updating the SMBIOS & OSX S/N - Chimera or Chameleon method" to get another SN, verified with https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and I get the message "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again".....I assume good so far?

(5) tried to log onto iMessage, NO GO. Even tried with a different AppleID but still did not work.

(6) Followed Step-4 to reset iMessage configurations. Tried to log into iMessage again, NO GO. Still getting the message "Could not sign in to iMessage. Please check your network connecting and try again"

(7) After running iMessage Debug v2, noticed my ROM is all ZEROs so I created new MLB and ROM values following Step-5d and manually injecting the values via Terminal:

sudo nvram <my Hardware UUID pulled from iMessage debug>:MLB=<my new OS SN + 2 extra numbers to make 13 digits>
sudo nvram <my Hardware UUID pulled from iMessage debug>:ROM=<my network Mac address separated by %>

(8) Rebooted, run iMessage debug again and STILL all ZEROs for the ROM.

(9) decided to follow all the steps in Step-5e to reset my FileNVRAM plist. Following step 6, NEVER saw a new nvram.uuid.plist file created after rebooted. Only saw a nvram document file (nvram.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-ee0DriversPackage-xxxxxxx). anyways......

(10) ran iMessage debug v2 again, STILL ROM 0000000000000.......

......so here I am, still NO iMessage.

Where and what did I do wrong?

anyone?

sorry for a long post, tried to be as detailed as I can.

thank you.

kd

P.S. side notes: (1) I have never gotten a message to contact Apple for any code
(2) I created a Clover bootable USB to boot Mavericks with so I can tried Clover method, didn't work
(3) i did a fresh install of Yosemite (with Chameleon boot loader) on ANOTHER DRIVE and boot with Clover USB and tried Clover method, didn't work
(4) I have a system of total 5 Drives: 1 SSD with the main Mavericks, a partition of another HDD with a backup of FRESH INSTALL of Mavericks, another partition of a different drive with a backup of current-state Mavericks, another partition with Yosemite so I can test.........Do you think this may be the problem because when OS boots up, it also mount other drives and perhaps the data may 'cross over'? I noticed that certain files are associated with apps I didn't even install but it was from the previous install on another HDD......hope you understand what I mean. (5) plan to do a fresh install of either Mavericks or Yosemite with Clover boot loader on a test HDD to see what happens.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H-Clover
CPU
i7-2600K @ 4.6GHz OC
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
wondering if anyone can please help me.

SYSTEM:
Mavericks 10.9.5
Chameleon bootloader
OS X SN - 9 digit, CKxxxxxxx (created by Chameleon wizard, under Mac Pro 3,1 preset which is closest to my system specs)

kd

P.S. side notes: (1) I have never gotten a message to contact Apple for any code
(2) I created a Clover bootable USB to boot Mavericks with so I can tried Clover method, didn't work
(3) i did a fresh install of Yosemite (with Chameleon boot loader) on ANOTHER DRIVE and boot with Clover USB and tried Clover method, didn't work
(4) I have a system of total 5 Drives: 1 SSD with the main Mavericks, a partition of another HDD with a backup of FRESH INSTALL of Mavericks, another partition of a different drive with a backup of current-state Mavericks, another partition with Yosemite so I can test.........Do you think this may be the problem because when OS boots up, it also mount other drives and perhaps the data may 'cross over'? I noticed that certain files are associated with apps I didn't even install but it was from the previous install on another HDD......hope you understand what I mean. (5) plan to do a fresh install of either Mavericks or Yosemite with Clover boot loader on a test HDD to see what happens.
Not absolutely sure with the new successes, it seems that Clover is needed to make working an installation that was not already working before Apple changes in November.

In my desktop, I have 4 HDD (Data) and 2 SDD (Osx and Win 8.1) and iMessage is working.

No need to reinstall to switch from Chameleon to Clover.
First make an USB boot with Clover and try to start your regular install from it (disable network when you are trying to avoid to send multiple configuration to Apple). When it is working, you can make a duplicate (or a backup) and modify your installation on SSD.
They are many tutorials to explain how to switch from Chameleon to Clover (format of startup file is different, there is a special place for kext, and it is more powerful with the possibility to patch kext on the fly). Not so easy, and need time to understand how to take advantage of the patch on the fly (it is possible to have installs updating without problem as a true Mac).

Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU
i7 3770k
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can someone help me figure out why I keep getting the following value when I run iMessage Debug?

Code:
4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: (null)
I can't figure out how to make my MLB value stick. I've run the sudo command several times, but it doesn't stick after reboot. Somehow I don't even have a NVRAM.plist in my Extra/Modules folder but I do have FileNVRAM.dylib and FileNVRAM in the correct directories.

Running Chameleon on an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo

Motherboard
Yosemite on Clover
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Gefore 770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can someone help me figure out why I keep getting the following value when I run iMessage Debug?

Code:
4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: (null)
I can't figure out how to make my MLB value stick. I've run the sudo command several times, but it doesn't stick after reboot. Somehow I don't even have a NVRAM.plist in my Extra/Modules folder but I do have FileNVRAM.dylib and FileNVRAM in the correct directories.

Running Chameleon on an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo
Sounds like maybe your File NVRAM wasn't installed correctly? I'm using Clover though (which I highly recommend) and was able to get iMessage working on a new machine with unique IDs (not cloned) without much frustration.

Anyhow, found this from a post on this page: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/153259-filenvram-modded-os-x-yosemite-fix-imessage-using-chameleon-chimera.html

How To
Once you have your system stable with the correct System Definition. I installed iMac 14,2 with MultiBeast. Use a unique Serial Number, not a real Mac's Serial Number. If you have any older versions of FileNVRAM installed. You must delete the Kext along with the previously created plist, empty trash. A new one will be created once you've follow the next steps.

1. Place FileNVRAM.kext on the desktop. Download KextBeast and run it to install FileNVRAM.kext to /S/L/E. Manually place FileNVRAM.dylib in the modules folder located in /Extra.

2. On your Mac run iMessage Debug and make a note of the MLB and ROM values only, or take a screen shot. You will need these values in Terminal.

3. Open Terminal located in Applications>Utilities and write to FileNVRAM with the values from your Mac as described for example below.

4. To store the MLB value, use the following command example:
Code:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=Your_MLB_value_goes_here
5. To store the ROM value, use the following command example:
(NOTE: you need to put % in front of each 2 byte pair of the ROM value, i.e.%nn%nn%nn%nn%nn%nn)

Code:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=Your_ROM_value_goes_here
6. Now run iMessage debug and make sure these values are correct and installed within NVRAM.

7. Restart your system and run iMessage debug again to verify the values. If the values are correct, it's time to log into iMessage.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H, 16 GB
CPU
Intel i5 4670K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So,

1. no one said you HAD to clone.
2. That's EXACTLY what I said.
3. The structure of these IS well understood, but the correlation that might be required to a generated ROM value is explained in contradictory ways all over the web. Perhaps you could enlighten us? Did you have to call apple to get your generated values to work? Did you use your en0 address or did you generate a ROM value using Apple's prefixes?
4. Also EXACTLY what I said, I'm using a macbook pro's IDs (my own), but an iMac 14,2 system definition and it works fine.

Though my system works, I would like to have my own unique values that work. So, if you could enlighten us with some DETAIL, as to how you generated your MLB/ROM values and whether that resulted in a call to Apple or not, that would be more helpful than somehow implying that the hundreds of people working on this are somehow morons....No one who is even in the position to be struggling with this on their home-built hackintosh is a moron. What we are dealing with is large amounts of contradictory information, and your help in sorting us out with what YOU did to be successful would be GRATEFULLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
No, but people seem to clone like its in style because they are too lazy to RTFM

I used the information from this site and the insanelymac site to make the MLB/ROM so that they would more likely validate each other.
Yes, I did get the call apple, but before apple was letting anyone in, you always had to call them to whitelist them.

I wont call the people working on this morons. They are the ones that deciphered the MLB/ROM. To the countless people that ask the same questions after its been answered every other page, I wont call them morons. I will call them lazy though, because the answer to their questions have been posted again and again and again. In fact, I followed the guide(s) to a T and got it working on try #1.

I say lazy because when a user tells me they glanced over the guide instead of reading it then thats laziness. When someone asks a question that was just answered a page or two ago that means they didn't read...thats laziness. In the beginning when this method didn't work on chimera and it was said it didn't work on chimera and people asked "How does it work, im on chimera"..thats them not reading = laziness.

If YOU want DETAIL on how to make this work using your own values, then read the guide. Follow the thread on insanelymac too to see how a MLB/ROM are formatted. I really don't have the time or patience to explain what's already been explained in DETAIL from those two sources. If you can't follow them (or refuse to), then me explaining it won't help either.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WFI
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
No, but people seem to clone like its in style because they are too lazy to RTFM

I used the information from this site and the insanelymac site to make the MLB/ROM so that they would more likely validate each other.
Yes, I did get the call apple, but before apple was letting anyone in, you always had to call them to whitelist them.

I wont call the people working on this morons. They are the ones that deciphered the MLB/ROM. To the countless people that ask the same questions after its been answered every other page, I wont call them morons. I will call them lazy though, because the answer to their questions have been posted again and again and again. In fact, I followed the guide(s) to a T and got it working on try #1.

I say lazy because when a user tells me they glanced over the guide instead of reading it then thats laziness. When someone asks a question that was just answered a page or two ago that means they didn't read...thats laziness. In the beginning when this method didn't work on chimera and it was said it didn't work on chimera and people asked "How does it work, im on chimera"..thats them not reading = laziness.

If YOU want DETAIL on how to make this work using your own values, then read the guide. Follow the thread on insanelymac too to see how a MLB/ROM are formatted. I really don't have the time or patience to explain what's already been explained in DETAIL from those two sources. If you can't follow them (or refuse to), then me explaining it won't help either.
Totally agree!!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WFI
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@ jbamford - Glad to see you back on the Scene and up and running, the last time we heard from you, you was that Hacked off with the iMessage fiasco, (no pun intended) you was about to offload all your Hacks and buy an iMac - Glad we didn't lose you to the dark side lol.

Motherboard
Sony VAIO E Series SVE15127CNB(Clover)
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD 7650M
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Jay waiting for ur Version 2 of this thread desperately :beachball::beachball:

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H 16Gb
CPU
Intel 3570k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Jay waiting for ur Version 2 of this thread desperately :beachball::beachball:
Why ? I dont think the method is going to change just the layout to make it easier to follow.

As long as you are willing to read and understand the full guide you should be able to get imessage working with the current guide.

Motherboard
Sony VAIO E Series SVE15127CNB(Clover)
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD 7650M
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Why ? I dont think the method is going to change just the layout to make it easier to follow.

As long as you are willing to read and understand the full guide you should be able to get imessage working with the current guide.
Tried lots of post n 2FA method, but still iMessage is not waorking !