Intel i5 4670K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Jay,
in case that we use the MLB/ROM from unused real mac, isn't it more consistent and safer to also re-use other unique numbers like SmUUID and S/N?

For now yes. The problem is that if you use the values from a MBP, but your hack's system definition is from a iMac and apple decides to do cross checks it will block your hack. Understand?

Motherboard
Custom G5
CPU
Intel i7 2600
Graphics
Sapphire HD7870 GHz Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a quick one guys.
This has probably been answered before, so I do apologise in advance-
But it's just a thought that came to mind while I'm at work, & I don't have the time available to go through 3,250 posts at this moment.

I own a broken 13" MBP, 2010 model, which doesn't power on / has no display & no external display output.
I no longer have the hard drive that it was using when it failed.
I've since replaced the MPB with a newer model & so I no-longer use it. It literally sits inside a draw, incase I need spare parts.

Can I use the printed SN & MLB codes inside on the mainboard, on the sicker near the RAM slots?

EDIT: Can I somehow obtain it's ROM, if that is also required?

Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Use iMessageDebug 2.0 tool to print them out. Google for it.

I tried using MLB/ROM values from genuine iMac7,1 with a hack configured as iMac14,1. Login into iMessage and Facetime succeeds, but messages and calls aren't delivered. iMessage can't deliver messages to phone numbers of iPhones. It claims that message is delivered to e-mail registered as AppleID, but recipients devices don't show anything.

Facetime calls fail. They ring on the recipient side and terminate immediately. The hack placing the call keeps ringing.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F13
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5.1Ghz
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Use iMessageDebug 2.0 tool to print them out. Google for it.

He clearly stated that the machine is dead. Running imessage debug on it is not exactly possible. It's a valid question on getting rom. I don't know if ethernet info is easy to grab as the MLB :\

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
He clearly stated that the machine is dead. Running imessage debug on it is not exactly possible. It's a valid question on getting rom. I don't know if ethernet info is easy to grab as the MLB :\

Is the ROM value the same as the machine's MAC/physical address? My dead MacBook pro has been connected to my home's wifi before it died, and I can get its MAC address by logging into my router.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is the ROM value the same as the machine's MAC/physical address? My dead MacBook pro has been connected to my home's wifi before it died, and I can get its MAC address by logging into my router.

@dokh22,

No the ROM value is not the same as a Mac's ethernet address, however you could try it - I'm not convinced that you need to use a real ROM value, i think it just needs to be unique and white listed, i belive that only the MLB is subject to extensive validation - give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Either way you will need to contact Apple to white list your MLB & ROM once your happy that they injecting correctly and are persistent.

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I own a broken 13" MBP, 2010 model, which doesn't power on / has no display & no external display output. I've since replaced the MPB with a newer model & so I no-longer use it. It literally sits inside a draw, incase I need spare parts.

Can I use the printed SN & MLB codes inside on the mainboard, on the sicker near the RAM slots?

@dj-ek,

Yes this is what i am currently doing, if the machine is no longer bootable then you will not be able to obtain the ROM value - see above post ....

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Jay,
in case that we use the MLB/ROM from unused real mac, isn't it more consistent and safer to also re-use other unique numbers like SmUUID and S/N?

@dekalb,

Its a good question and one which is open to debate at this moment in time .... my own feeling is that if you do have to use a cloned value from a broken or unused Mac that you own then you should try to use the minimal amount of cloned values to get iMessage working .... Like i've noted in several posts over the last few weeks things are in a state of flux at the moment with regards to Apples iMessage Validation protocols.

Cloning all of the values to use on a Hack that has a different System Type may lead to issues ... especial if you want to use the continuity and/or handoff features.

Right now it's a case of trying and seeing what you can get away with .... Sorry i cant be more specific, hopefully in time i'll be able to give a more concise answer.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Graphics
EVGA GTX760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@dekalb,

Its a good question and one which is open to debate at this moment in time .... my own feeling is that if you do have to use a cloned value from a broken or unused Mac that you own then you should try to use the minimal amount of cloned values to get iMessage working .... Like i've noted in several posts over the last few weeks things are in a state of flux at the moment with regards to Apples iMessage Validation protocols.

Cloning all of the values to use on a Hack that has a different System Type may lead to issues ... especial if you want to use the continuity and/or handoff features.

Right now it's a case of trying and seeing what you can get away with .... Sorry i cant be more specific, hopefully in time i'll be able to give a more concise answer.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,

What about the "Board ID" - is that a generic value related to the system type or is it generated by Clover?

I note that my Hackintosh iMac14,2 Board ID is identical to the one in the images in your guide...

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What about the "Board ID" - is that a generic value related to the system type or is it generated by Clover .... I note that my Hackintosh iMac14,2 Board ID is identical to the one in the images in your guide...

@happywombat,

The 'Board ID' can be thought of as a part number, each type of Mac has a different type of system board and the 'Board Id' identifies the type in the SMBIOS. It's not used (AFAIK) in anyway for validation purposes. You can accept the generated 'Board ID' from Chameleon Wizard or Clovers SMBIOS generator with no problems - is pretty much cosmetic on a Hackingtosh.

Cheers
Jay