Contribute
Register
Glad I read this thread before I called Apple!

In any event, thanks in advance for all the hard work on the issue! Happy Holidays!!

@bodybybuddha,

Best bet right now is to sit tight, I'm working on the issue as are several others and with the communities help i hope to be able to update the guide with some good news soon.

@All,

If your researching the latest MLB issue you may come across a number of so called MLB generators, at the moment these are all work in progress and none of them currently provide a complete solution which is why i'm not posting them here just yet.

However they do offer a framework to add to as each element of the MLB is deciphered and fine tuned. I'm in contact with some of the primary developers and will add them along with instructions to the guide once they are ready for public release.

In the meantime I would appreciate that no one posts any of these utilities as links or attachments, at this stage there is no point and i don't want to get peoples hopes up just yet and flood the thread with posts about a utility that is not quite ready. It is better that the focus stays where it currently is rather than spreading unfinished code around the internet.

I hope you all understand my reasoning for this and any post's relating to these early releases may be moderated, once ready and confirmed working the guide will be updated ...please be patent....the solution is coming soon.

Merry Christmas
Cheers
Jay

Hey guys....... it's been a while I haven't built a Hackintosh so I really had to take a good 2 hours to follow this EXCELLENT - albeit very long - guide.

I don't really care about iMessage since I have a gazillion other Apple products that all have it (ok, maybe just 3 but still). So I diligently followed this to get at the very least the App store and iCloud working. And it did.

But to my great surprise, iMessage works!.......?

I should say, I don't get any errors. I don't really have anyone to text at this time of the night, but it seems legit. I didn't use any data from my real Mac, just used what was in the guide.

Did I just luck out? Am I going to get a disconnect eventually - my understanding was that those ALREADY logged in would take a while to get punted, but those with brand new installs were SOL off the line.

Did I do anything that could benefit the community?!? I'm no coder, so I doubt I did anything outrageous but you never know.
Sorry if I'm being a n00b and missed some post somewhere explaining this, but I was really, really puzzled...

And thanks again for the excellent guide!

Is it possible to use iMessage without an Apple ID? Is that safe?

Hey guys....... it's been a while I haven't built a Hackintosh so I really had to take a good 2 hours to follow this EXCELLENT - albeit very long - guide.

I don't really care about iMessage since I have a gazillion other Apple products that all have it (ok, maybe just 3 but still). So I diligently followed this to get at the very least the App store and iCloud working. And it did.

But to my great surprise, iMessage works!.......?

I should say, I don't get any errors. I don't really have anyone to text at this time of the night, but it seems legit. I didn't use any data from my real Mac, just used what was in the guide.

Did I just luck out? Am I going to get a disconnect eventually - my understanding was that those ALREADY logged in would take a while to get punted, but those with brand new installs were SOL off the line.

Did I do anything that could benefit the community?!? I'm no coder, so I doubt I did anything outrageous but you never know.
Sorry if I'm being a n00b and missed some post somewhere explaining this, but I was really, really puzzled...

And thanks again for the excellent guide!

How did you generate your MLB and is it 13 or 17 characters long?

In all the discussions about MLB generators and the format of the MLB, it seems to be assumed that the Production Location code for the computer should be the same as the Production Location for the logic board. What is particular to Apple that they would manufacture components like the logic board at the same site they assemble the computers?

The reason I ask is that it may be possible to use a MLB production location that does not, in fact, make component parts such as the logic board. That would be an obvious error for validation software to check.

Is it possible to use iMessage without an Apple ID? Is that safe?

No I had, but after a brief reprise, this morning I got the dreaded Call Support message. So I'm assuming I fell in the cracks of the servers somehow, but they caught up to me.

Sorry for the false hopes.

EDIT: my then joy, which became disappointment, is now down right despair!!!

I'll try to be clear: for some odd reason, my network card doesn't show up under About this Mac/.../Eternet Cards. Actually nothing shows up there at all. Yet my Wifi card works just fine (TP-Link WDN4800), and it shows up in DPCI Manager, but not as built-in. Anyway I followed all the instructions to add the strings and all and in the end it works fine and I can connect to iCloud.

However... for some odd ball reason it completely kills my audio! I'm on a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with the proper ALC898 kext. It works fine as long as I don't mess with the built-in string in org.chameleon.boot.plist, but then iCloud doesn't work!

I've replicated this 7 times, so I'm dead sure that's the problem. The thing is both audio AND the App Store are deal breakers for me.

Anyone can point me in the right direction??

I've looked in Audio troubleshooting, but it's not an audio problem since it works as long as I don't fiddle with the NIC. But the fact even my Intel Ethernet card doesn't show up really makes me think it's a NIC problem, but the Wifi works and even DPCI Manager tells me it's there and working...

I really don't know where to look anymore......

No I had, but after a brief reprise, this morning I got the dreaded Call Support message. So I'm assuming I fell in the cracks of the servers somehow, but they caught up to me.

Sorry for the false hopes.

EDIT: my then joy, which became disappointment, is now down right despair!!!

I'll try to be clear: for some odd reason, my network card doesn't show up under About this Mac/.../Eternet Cards. Actually nothing shows up there at all. Yet my Wifi card works just fine (TP-Link WDN4800), and it shows up in DPCI Manager, but not as built-in. Anyway I followed all the instructions to add the strings and all and in the end it works fine and I can connect to iCloud.

However... for some odd ball reason it completely kills my audio! I'm on a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with the proper ALC898 kext. It works fine as long as I don't mess with the built-in string in org.chameleon.boot.plist, but then iCloud doesn't work!

I've replicated this 7 times, so I'm dead sure that's the problem. The thing is both audio AND the App Store are deal breakers for me.

Anyone can point me in the right direction??

I've looked in Audio troubleshooting, but it's not an audio problem since it works as long as I don't fiddle with the NIC. But the fact even my Intel Ethernet card doesn't show up really makes me think it's a NIC problem, but the Wifi works and even DPCI Manager tells me it's there and working...

I really don't know where to look anymore......

I had a similar issue when trying to get audio to work on an Asus Maximus II Formula. If I use the AD2000B kext that is supposed to work my Ethernet is no longer detected by OS X. I ended up having to use VooDooHDA to get audio and Ethernet.

In all the discussions about MLB generators and the format of the MLB, it seems to be assumed that the Production Location code for the computer should be the same as the Production Location for the logic board. What is particular to Apple that they would manufacture components like the logic board at the same site they assemble the computers?

@mld1,

As you say that does seem to be a common assumption but it's not correct, almost all of the current MLB generators floating the internet about copy the location code from the S/N ..... and whilst some location/production codes are the same between the OSX S/N and the MLB it is not always the case, I've got many examples from real Mac's which prove it ....

More investigation is required but based on my testing so far it would seem that the S/N is not used at all in the validation of the MLB nor is the system type defined in the SMBIOS (at the moment), this has alos been confirmed by others working on the issue.

what is important are the EEE and CC codes which may need to correlate to the MLB location code. Unfortunately there are no known public sources/databases for these codes at least so far. The only real way to make a comprehensive list would be collate the codes form as many real MLB's as possible .... which would be extremely time consuming and would require many Mac owners to share their MLB's which is something that is not recommended.

So anther way has to be figured out ...... its a bit of a head scratch but progress is being made .... slowly.

With regards to valid ROM values Hackingtosh wizard Piker Alpha has confirmed that the Apple-Mac-Hack utility does not generate valid Apple ROM values (something i suspected), and its still not clear if it even needs to follow a standard, it must however be white-listed.

Cheers
Jay

I have seen a listing of the PREFIX parts of ethernet (probably also wifi) MAC addresses assigned to Apple. I did not bookmark it, unfortunately. It MAY have been on the "IM" site (don't know if I am allowed to reference them directly by name :) My understanding of MAC addresses is that the SUFFIX parts can be assigned randomly IIRC. But there may be a MLB production location component governing which MAC prefixes are used in which location. I certainly don't know.

I guess we could worry ad infinitum, but since the two numbers must be whitelisted, I guess it really does not matter. That is until our generated numbers are not accepted by the Cloud or App Store! If that happens we really will be in trouble.

Back