Contribute
Register
Guys!

I have macbook with working iM, but I'm not won't to use MLB & ROM from macbook.
So, I'm install Yosemite to may HackBook and .. repair SmUUId, Generate new SN, make "recommended" MLB & ROM, and, like a "little success" I have Customer code.

So, I'm not really know, do I need to call Apple and does it help to me for all time or for 2-3 hours only..
What U recommended to do?

Guys!

I have macbook with working iM, but I'm not won't to use MLB & ROM from macbook.
So, I'm install Yosemite to may HackBook and .. repair SmUUId, Generate new SN, make "recommended" MLB & ROM, and, like a "little success" I have Customer code.

So, I'm not really know, do I need to call Apple and does it help to me for all time or for 2-3 hours only..
What U recommended to do?

Just wait. There is nothing you can do now but wait.

Patience! A little birdie has whispered in my ear.... :think:
Dont cloan values!!

... and i'm hopeful that a method to auto generate valid MLB values will be found soon.

Keep an eye on the news in the main guide for updates ... however I don't think i'll get much done this side of christmas now but will continue to work on the problem as and when i get chance.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

Can I generate a valid MLB value from a complete DarwinDumper of a machine !? If I understand correctly the answer should be no. Because even if all the data is there, we don't know the correct algorithm that generates it ... or am I wrong?

Another point which is not perfectly clear is: if the answer to the previous question should have been yes, the MLB value would be correctly generated but still not present in the whitelist, so what should happen?

@jaymonkey,

Can I generate a valid MLB value from a complete DarwinDumper of a machine !? If I understand correctly the answer should be no. Because even if all the data is there, we don't know the correct algorithm that generates it ... or am I wrong?

Another point which is not perfectly clear is: if the answer to the previous question should have been yes, the MLB value would be correctly generated but still not present in the whitelist, so what should happen?

@Azimuth1,

Darwin Dumper does not generate anything, it just dumps a very complete catalogue of all system values, so it will only extract the existing NVRAM values .... so MLB & ROM will be whatever is currently configured on the system you run it on, if its run on a real Mac then it will be the Mac's real MLB & ROM values, if you run it on a hackingtosh then it will be whatever you set MLB & ROM to either via Clover or via NVRAM command if using Legacy Boot-loader with FileNVRAM boot module.

Unfortunately it does not contain any lookup/conversion tables which could help with decrypting the makeup of the MLB, in that sense it's no more useful than iMessage Debug.

As of Mid November it seems both MLB & ROM need to be whitelisted and MLB needs to pass enhanced syntax/makeup verification - See the 1st news item in the main guide.

Cheers
Jay

Has someone had this problem? I once deleted some cache files of Messages app, and since then I can't see any option of my active account. Any ideas how to fix this?

Zrzut ekranu 2014-12-22 o 11.58.28.png

Has someone had this problem? I once deleted some cache files of Messages app, and since then I can't see any option of my active account. Any ideas how to fix this?

@Majkwin,

You cant, for some time now Apple no longer stores copies of your message history on their servers, perviously your local message cache was re-synced with those that were stored on Apples servers. But that has not worked for over six months now. My guess is that stopped working once Apple put out the beta test versions of Yosemite, with all the new iMessage features such as SMS redirection .. etc it would make sense for Apple to stop caching everyones messages - better for security to.

The only way you can get the local cache back is to restore the folder 'Messages' from a clone/backup or time machine you should only need to restore the folder 'Messages' from/to your user Library folder. You may need to use 'Show all files' If you don't have a shortcut set up.

I assume you deleted it following Step 4 of the guide, if you haven't emptied the trash yet you may be able to put it back from there.

Cheers
Jay

Guess I don't need it that much. It's suppose to look like this, right?
@Jay, it was few months ago, so I emptied trash couple of times already.
imessage1-625x625.png

Guess I don't need it that much. It's suppose to look like this, right?
@Jay, it was few months ago, so I emptied trash couple of times already.

@Majkwin,

Opps my bad, i thought you were looking to get back your Message History ?

The Account info is stored in the plist's

com.apple.imservice.ids.FaceTime.plist
com.apple.imservice.ids.iMessage.plist

in the Preferences folder in your user Library sub folder.

However the values are token based and reference encrypted data stored in a local database, so best to enter it all again rather than restore this info.

Cheers
Jay

Back