i7-2600K 3.4GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX760 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
JayMonkey the way you handle this is incredible. On all the forums that I participate in there is only one guy, NickN, on the SimForums for FSX, that is as dedicated, competent and helpful as you are. This forum is indeed blessed to have you around.
I wish some of the other threads on this board will adopt your method of dealing with the people that are desperate for guidance,
help and feedback, the way you do.

YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE EXAMPLE OF WHAT CAN BE ACHIEVED IF ONE REALLY CARES, THANK YOU

Keep up your excellent endeavors to have this problem finally sorted out.

i couldn't agree more! Well said.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
hylkepylke.. thanks for the info. Please elaborate as to your method of generating your results. Thanks.

Motherboard
Custom G5
CPU
Intel i7 2600
Graphics
Sapphire HD7870 GHz Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used MacPro3,1; a 11 char S/N, 13 char MLB; uuidgen for smUUIDGEN and ROM (last part only), got it working yesterday (december 14th 2014)

My system has always been using MacPro3,1 with an 11 char S/N. The same details. For years now.
I recently upgraded to Clover & everything had been working great, until these recent iMsg errors.

I just opened Clover Config & discovered on the RT Variables page that the ROM & MLB values were empty? Below them is a "Calculator", which when you press "Calculate", fills out all the known existing info, S/N ect, & also fills the ROM & MLB.
I copied these & put them into the empty ROM & MLB fields at the top of the page, then deleted a few characters from the end of the MLB, to make it 13 characters (I don't think it was 17? Im sure it was 15).

I rebooted, but still couldn't log in.
Am I on the right track though? Is there another way I should be generating my ROM & 13 char MLB?
Adcording to Jay & a few others, my system should work, right? It's only the later model ID systems that are being a pain.

Motherboard
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark1
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Asus GTX 970 Strix
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You cant but be impressed with Clovers dynamic boot-time patching ...... no need to re-install any kexts or patches for Audio, Trim, BT4, Handoff, Wifi ... etc .. etc .

Do you have a guide on this?

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to at least get the code to call customer service by using the MLB generated from my MacBook Pro with a serial number generated using Clover Configurator and the ROM set to "UseMacAddr0".

OS X - 10.10.1
Clover - 3048

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Using a serial number generated by Clover Configurator and then taking the first 4 characters and then adding a random 9 characters to the end of that for the MLB gets me the message to call support. Guess I will be picking up the phone tomorrow. This is not using anything from a real Mac.

I had to call support when booting my 2006 Mac Pro using a modified boot.efi file so this far is fine for me if it sticks after reboots.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It says in the article that calling support doesn't work, and yet everyone is calling.

Just for my own clarity, does it have any chance of working?

Mavericks 10.9.5?

Motherboard
Gigabyte H77N-WiFi
CPU
I3-3225
Graphics
On board
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Calling customer service does work. I called them three hours ago and got it reset in less than a minute. The customer service rep asked for my serial number and I told him I left home for an errand because they kept me on hold for 20 minutes and he apologized and told me I was all set.

Just FYI I am a super noob at this and I only got the "call customer service" prompt when I changed my MLB so that it is only 13 digits long since my s/n was only 11 digits. THIS FORUM ROCKS AND THIS THREAD RULES. Everything on my hackintosh works and I'm super siked. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It says in the article that calling support doesn't work, and yet everyone is calling.

Just for my own clarity, does it have any chance of working?

Mavericks 10.9.5?

I had to call support several times for an actual 2006 Mac Pro because I was using Clover to run Yosemite until the Tiamo/PikerAlpha boot.efi was finished and I still had to call once when I was using that. They didn't always ask for a serial number when I called but if they do I will give them the one from my Mac Pro (which has a bad board).