Graphics
ASUS GTX770 DC2OC
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@herrlee,

From Part-2 of the guide :-

As for Clovers "Custom UUID" field on the "System Parameters" page ..... as already discussed in almost all instances this should be left empty but "Inject System-Id" should always be checked/selected in which case Clover will inject the value of "SmUUID" on the "SMBIOS" page as the SystemId or if "SmUUID" is left blank then Clover will attempt inject the UUID provided by the BIOS for System-Id.

I agree that it is a little confusing but remember that both Clover and Clover Configurator are still in beta and being developed ....

I think "Custom UUID" should be renamed "Custom platform-UUID" and the "Inject System-Id" option should be moved next to the "SmBIOS" field on the SMBIOS page.

Hope this helps to clarify things for you, I take it you found System-Id in correct location in the registry.

Cheers
Jay
Thanks. It's clearer now. I've tried these two combinations:
1. SmUUID -->some value, InjectSystemID -->no
Result: no System-Id in 'IODeviceTree', 'Hardware UUID' is SmUUID
2. SmUUID -->some value, InjectSystemID -->yes, CustomUUID-->same as SmUUID
Result: System-Id is SmUUID, 'Hardware UUID' is some random number, CustomUUID seems useless.
Is this a bug of clover(r2999)?
In both situations, the system functions well, should I set InjectSystemID -->yes and let the system generate 'Hardware UUID'? Doing this, it'll be identified as a different mac.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
should I set InjectSystemID -->yes and let the system generate 'Hardware UUID'? Doing this, it'll be identified as a different mac.
@herrlee,

Yes that is the preferred and recommended method (as detailed in the guide) but if your motherboard suffers from the Sid bug (see Part-2) then you should also enter your old SmUUID/System-Id on the SMBIOS page then the Hardware-UUID should be the same as it was before meaning that you'll avoid having to call Apple to remove the device lock-out.

If you're Mobo was not suffering from the SId bug and you were not injecting SystemId via the boot-loader then you can leave SmUUID empty and Clover will inject default BIOS SystemId UUID.

However .. as a matter of precaution I aways put a value in for Clovers SmUUID .... if mobo does not suffer from SId bug then enter the SystemId from the BIOS .... if mobo does suffer from SId bug then enter value generated via 'uuidgen' console command. This way you can make a backup of your config.plist file and keep it with a copy of iMessage Debug's output and you should always be able to restore your working ID's should you ever need to reinstall OSX ... etc

Custom UUID (On System Parameters page) is there to allow injection of your old Hardware UUID if you don't know what your old SmUUID was ..... however as already discussed, by-passing OSX's automatic Platform UUID generation is not recommended and may introduce unforeseen issues.

Quote from the Clover Guide:-
CustomUUID
Code:
[COLOR=#000080]<key>[/COLOR]CustomUUID[COLOR=#000080]</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]<string>[/COLOR]511CE200-1000-4000-9999-010203040506[COLOR=#000080]</string>[/COLOR]
Unique identification number of your computer. If not set, an automatically generated UUID will be used. Customise it with hexadecimal digits for full control over your hackintosh.

InjectSystemID
Code:
[COLOR=#000080]<key>[/COLOR]InjectSystemID[COLOR=#000080]</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]<false/>[/COLOR]
The number described above can be injected differently and transformed by the OS into another ID. The aim is to provide an option for Chameleon users to replicate their UUID. Set to <true/> and change CustomUUID to match the UUID used with Chameleon found in registry at IODeviceTree:/efi/platform>system-id. Profiler will show a different UUID that will match the one generated with Chameleon.
The feature has been flakey for a while now and is not recommended, however i have not tested it with the latest Clover builds > r3000 so things may have improved.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
ASUS Z87-DELUXE/DUO
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-4770K
Graphics
ASUS GTX770 DC2OC
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Quote from the Clover Guide:-The feature has been flakey for a while now and is not recommended, however i have not tested it with the latest Clover builds > r3000 so things may have improved.

Cheers
Jay
Ok. I've manually set SmUUID and checked InjectSystemID, thus regenerated icloud keychains.
iMessage and Facetime are not affected. Everything's working fine.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 560
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am still having this issue. For me I keep getting the message: "An error occurred during activation. Try again." whenever I try to login to iMessage. I have tried all of the fixes and know that iMessage is communicating with apple because when I type in a wrong password it tells me so.

Any ideas on what else I can do? I started having the issue in Mavericks.
I'm on Yosemite, and am getting that error. I've tried all the fixes.

Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G43
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
When calling Apple with the code and they ask for a S/N

If you own a real Apple MAC then go-a-head and give them the OSX S/N from that, if its registered to you then even better and you should avoid any further discussion about the OSX S/N not being registered.
I'm guessing it does not matter if the real Mac and the hackintosh are a different types (e.g. one is a Macbook and the other is an iMac), right? I believe the generated code is created based on some of the values from the device, but they don't check if all matches up nor if iMessage is really not working on the machine with the S/N you give, so it's fine... yes?

And thank you for your work jaymonkey. :clap:

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I'm on Yosemite, and am getting that error. I've tried all the fixes.
@dannymichel,

Check both your S/N (Part-1, Step-3) & SmUUID (Part-2) are valid.

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Ok. I've manually set SmUUID and checked InjectSystemID, thus regenerated icloud keychains.....iMessage and Facetime are not affected. Everything's working fine.
@herrlee,

Cool, glad your sorted .... remember to keep all your critical system ID's safe for future use ....

Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Does anyone know of a good easy fail-proof guide that allows me to transition from MultiBeast to Clover bootloader in order to use iMessage? I'm running 10.10. Thanks!

Motherboard
Z68-MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Is it safe to update Yosemite to 10.10.1?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 560
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok, I got the message to call apple, but they're having a tough time fixing it for me. They said they wanted logs from my computer. I said I had to call them back. Did I do something wrong? Thet even have a serial number from a real Mac.