Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I no longer have the Maverick install so I can't get the systemID. Is there anyway to recreate it system my Yosemite systemID is different? If I re-installed Maverick on a different HDD would it provide me the correct systemID, ROM, MLB and OSX S/N to match what's registered on Apple?

@raketa,

You should be able to recover the /Extra folder from your backups/time-machine, if you were injecting SmUUID (SystemId) then you should be able to get the value long with osx /n from the smbios and chameleon plists.

if you don't have any record of your old ROM and MLB values Use the MAC address of eh0 for the ROM value and the S/N + extra digits for MLB as detailed in Step-5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all I just wanted to say thanks for all the time, effort ....

I know this is a long post just for a thank you but wanted to give those folks out there who feel frustrated and want to give up a little hope. I GUARANTEE you, if I can do it you can too! Thanks again for such a great place to come to!

P.S. Not sure if this is addressed somewhere in this long thread but my MLB value was 16 digits not 17. I am sure this is a known thing but wanted to point it out just in case.

@somoteitbe,

Thanks for your feedback, its always good to read that the guide has helped someone ... especially a novice ... I've tried to make the guide cover all levels of expertise which is why the guide is so long....but there is a lot of information to cover - I suspect some people are not reading the guide in full and missing some of the finer details.

If your using a 1st generation system ID such as MacPro 3,1 then the OSX S/N will be 11 digits rather than 12 as it does not include the 'generation' number as detailed in Step 3 of the guide ...

Can you confirm if your MLB is 16 or 17 digits as thats something i've been looking for clarification on - see Step 5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Jay,

Could you provide me with guidelines? I would definitely want imessage to work again...sorry for nagging :)

With What ??

Motherboard
Intel DP67DE
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@raketa,

You should be able to recover the /Extra folder from your backups/time-machine, if you were injecting SmUUID (SystemId) then you should be able to get the value long with osx /n from the smbios and chameleon plists.

if you don't have any record of your old ROM and MLB values Use the MAC address of eh0 for the ROM value and the S/N + extra digits for MLB as detailed in Step-5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the information and I do have the /Extra folder from my Mavericks system.

I'm not sure that I injected (since I'm not sure how to do that) the SystemId. I think you're saying it would be in my chameleon plist file. If not where would I look for it?

That being said ... you are saying to use the MAC address of "eh0" (I'm not sure that you mean just "eh0") for the ROM value and the S/N showing on the iCloud + extra digits for MLB.

Sorry ... I've had a Hackintosh for over three years and just converted to Clover (runs very well BTW).

Thanks for the help ... I'll play with it again tonight.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm not sure that I injected (since I'm not sure how to do that) the SystemId. I think you're saying it would be in my chameleon plist file. If not where would I look for it? .... ... you are saying to use the MAC address of "eh0" (I'm not sure that you mean just "eh0") for the ROM value and the S/N showing on the iCloud + extra digits for MLB.

@raketa,

SmUUID also known as SystemID is covered in detail in Part 2 of the guide .. (Post #2)
Sorry typo .. of course i meant en0 not eh0 - see Part-1, Step-2 of the guide.
See Part-1, Step-3 for OSX S/N advice
See Part-1, Step-5d for MLb & ROM values

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@elgipsy,

Are you sure your not mistaking the new hardware ID as the SmUUID ?, you say your using the values from iMessage Debug .... most versions of iMessage Debug do not show the SmUUID (SystemId) only the Hardware (platform UUID).

Best way is to always check the SmUUID by checking the registry as detailed in Part-2 of the guide, use IOJones to check it ....

Cheers
Jay

Ok, I used IOJones and SmUUID consist of 16 x Byte values (loads of bb 's though)
What do I do next? configure a new plist with clover configurator using the SMUUID and see if what is generated matches the content of the iMsg debug values from my previous Yosemite install where iMsg worked? I still did not enter my apple id anywhere on this install but I did go on the web.

Motherboard
Intel DP67DE
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@raketa,

SmUUID also known as SystemID is covered in detail in Part 2 of the guide .. (Post #2)
Sorry typo .. of course i meant en0 not eh0 - see Part-1, Step-2 of the guide.
See Part-1, Step-3 for OSX S/N advice
See Part-1, Step-5d for MLb & ROM values

Cheers
Jay

One last item ... this morning I did some settings and it actually put a new iMac system under the settings on the iCloud site but still with the Activation error. Does this mean anything or am I closer with what I've done so far?

Thanks

Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to pass out a huge thank you to you jaymonkey for this guide. You took a complete Clover n00b and taught him how to dance with Clover.

Called up Apple and even had them pass through the code (that I eventually got, stupid S/N). It's great having iMessage/Facetime/Voice calls on my Hackintosh now, and couldn't have done it without this in depth and comprehensive guide, really answered all the questions.

Onwards and upwards to the next big project: Handoff!

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3750K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm totally lost on what to do. I've gone through this guide. I've confirmed en0, no sid bug, UUID ROM and MLB are all constant even after reboot. I had it working after I fixed the customer code error. Now it no longer works. I keep getting the "an error occurred during activation" prompt after trying to sign in. iCloud works, App Store works. Not sure what changed or what the problem is.

Using Clover on 10.10