Graphics
HD4000 & GTX 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@AGuyWhoIsBored

It has to be 17 characters. The Serial Number generated for me using iMac13,1 was 12 characters, I added the last 5 to make it 17 characters.

Edit 1: Obviously you don't want to use the same system definition as me (iMac13,1). Try to use one that is as close to your hardware as you can.

Edit 2: jaymonkey got this error on one of his machines the other day and fixed it by deleted a couple .plist files. See his post on how he fixed it

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 7590 - Clover
CPU
i7-9980HK
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@AGuyWhoIsBored

It has to be 17 characters. The Serial Number generated for me using iMac13,1 was 12 characters, I added the last 5 to make it 17 characters.

Edit 1: Obviously you don't want to use the same system definition as me (iMac13,1). Try to use one that is as close to your hardware as you can.

Edit 2: jaymonkey got this error on one of his machines the other day and fixed it by deleted a couple .plist files. See his post on how he fixed it

I got as far as calling Apple, which is what I'm doing right now. I read something about using a serial number from selfsolve.apple.com. What do you mean by that? Should I just use the S/N that I set for my system?

Motherboard
Asus Maximus V Extreme
CPU
Intel i5-3570k
Graphics
HD4000 & GTX 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I got as far as calling Apple, which is what I'm doing right now. I read something about using a serial number from selfsolve.apple.com. What do you mean by that? Should I just use the S/N that I set for my system?

In my experience, you should give them a serial number that can be found on selfsolve.apple.com, or they'll say they can't find it in their system and may not help you any further.
This is not the actual serial number you'll be using on your hackintosh.

So no, do not give them the one you're using for your system.
Try to find one that does not give you the error on selfsolve.apple.com

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9980HK
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In my experience, you should give them a serial number that can be found on selfsolve.apple.com, or they'll say they can't find it in their system and may not help you any further.
This is not the actual serial number you'll be using on your hackintosh.

So no, do not give them the one you're using for your system.
Try to find one that does not give you the error on selfsolve.apple.com

Alright I got one, I was worried they were going to start talking to me when I was still searching for one (I'm on a wait list right now). Let's see what happens...

edit 1:
Been on the wait list for half an hour .... :-X:lol:

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9980HK
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright I got one, I was worried they were going to start talking to me when I was still searching for one (I'm on a wait list right now). Let's see what happens...

edit 1:
Been on the wait list for half an hour .... :-X:lol:

I am happier than the happiest man on Earth right now! Thank you so much man!!!:D:headbang::clap:I finally got it working, now I have a perfect hackintosh system! The problem now though is FaceTime... XD

Motherboard
ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm thinking about recreating a boot disk and inject to the plist UUID etc... even tough I now get the message "could not sign in to messenger...." the question is which values do I include in the plist? the one from Yosemite(Msg worked a couple of days after I called Apple with the code then stopped working)? Or use the values I had under Mavericks; there too I got a code and had to call Apple at the time but iMessage worked flawlessly after that)

Thanks

Ok I need help:(

even though I had the "could not sign in to messenger" message popping up, imessage worked a couple of days, after having called Apple with the code. So what I did is a following:

-ran imessage debug
-noted the MLB, ROM, the S/N, the SMUUID, the board ID and product ID
-reinstalled Yosemite (formatted disk) without internet acces, so no Apple ID entered in order not to be logged on server
-during post install with clover I added the above values to plist with clover configurator, saved and moved the plist to the EFI partition
-rebooted
-ran imessage debug

all values in point two are consistent except SMUUID which has changed but is consistent. How can I replace the UUID with the one of my previous install? I'm struggling... Please help:(

Motherboard
P67A-UD3-B3 U1d
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
Zotac GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok I need help:(

even though I had the "could not sign in to messenger" message popping up, imessage worked a couple of days, after having called Apple with the code. So what I did is a following:

-ran imessage debug
-reinstalled Yosemite (formatted disk) without internet acces, so no Apple ID entered in order not to be logged on server
-during post install with clover I added the above values to plist with clover configurator, saved and moved the plist to the EFI partition
-rebooted
-ran imessage debug

all values in point two are consistent except SMUUID which has changed but is consistent. How can I replace the UUID with the one of my previous install? I'm struggling... Please help:(

All you need to set are: 'Serial Number', 'SmUUID' & 'Board Serial Number':
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 7.44.34 PM.png

Load your config.plist in the latest Clover Configurator, Go to 'Rt Variables' tab, do not edit, just hit 'Calculate' to verify your values:
Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 1.36.19 AM.png

Motherboard
ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Kris,

i just loaded a new plist and did what you suggested. After placing the Plist in the EFI partition, i rebooted and ran imessage debug. again all values are consistent between reboots, it's just the UUID that changed compared to the one I had on my previous install but the value is consistent too.

Am I doing sthing wrong? Safe to try iMessage?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having trouble keeping my Imessage signed in after leaving the computer asleep overnight. I usually turn it off, but sometimes I forget. Why would leaving my Hackintosh asleep overnight cause me to have to sign into imessage again. Then of course it gives me a message to call Apple customer support again. Any ideas?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So what I did is a following:

-ran imessage debug
-rebooted
-ran imessage debug

@elgipsy,

Are you sure your not mistaking the new hardware ID as the SmUUID ?, you say your using the values from iMessage Debug .... most versions of iMessage Debug do not show the SmUUID (SystemId) only the Hardware (platform UUID).

Best way is to always check the SmUUID by checking the registry as detailed in Part-2 of the guide, use IOJones to check it ....

Cheers
Jay